After some reflection...

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
I have written a few posts regarding the DC rally and G. Beck. In them I did not sway from my Christian beliefs, however, I may have been a little wishy-washy about it.

I see him as a great rally leader. He has a way of creating positive energy. He is a very smart person, and I believe he desires what is best for America. He is working hard to fuel a strong support for Republicans, and for people who see the mess America is in.

I cannot say what he believes regarding his religion because I have not listened to his speeches. What I do know is that if he believes what The Mormon church teaches, He does not believe in the true Gospel of Christ.

That does not mean he would be a bad leader, I think he would be a good one. I don't believe we want a Theocracy in America, and I don't believe we need to legislate morality. Both of those would be very devisive, and eventually they would confuse even the strongest believers in the Word of God (The Bible) into following "another gospel" because it sounds good and gets results. We must, however, always vote our convictions, and not be swayed in them if they are well supported in the Bible.

So, Christians, (those who have a real and personal relationship with God in Christ), we need to begin to separate ourselves from any leash that may be tugging at us to follow, unless it is just as Philippians 4:8 says. " Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." If we do less, we dilute the Gospel of our Lord.

We can get caught up in the hope for America through people like Glen Beck. We can follow him in building and rebuilding thius great country. What we must also do is not allow Him to be our Spiritual leader, for he doesn't have the correct map for us to follow.

I am not saying that he has started leading in the wrong direction, I just don't know where he may lead us. The Mormon church is a powerful thing. The people are wonderful, and very loving and social people. They are servers, and they do help take care of needs in the community. They are Americans, and good ones, I am pretty sure. I am even sure that they follow the same God as the Christians do, but they are just confused.

I love them, and I have had many conversations in which we express our beliefs. They are willing to talk. I was a Mormon once, and sat under their teachings. I was not caught up in the teachings, but I was caught up in their love and friendship.

Lets just be careful to stay close to our walk with God, and out personal connection with the Word of God. Lets not be deceived. God can bless America with or without a Christian as President. Our part is found in II Chron. 7:14. "and if My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

God bless America.

Forum List

Back