After almost six days........my electricity just came back on!

I worked in the boating/marine industry for 20 years, I know what a power inverter is. Battery to 110 volt. You didn't help your claim with that foolishness.
You lied.
I caught you.
Suck it up.

:confused:

What the hell is wrong with you.

Silly me for actually knowing what a power inverter is and that it has nothing to do with hell or high water.
Or an ipad.
He lied.
Sorry that confused you, but lying is what rightwinger does, see his user name for a perfect example.

Are you on LSD, dude?

Silly me for actually knowing what a power inverter is and that it has nothing to do with hell or high water.
Or an ipad.
He lied.
Sorry that confused you, but lying is what rightwinger does, see his user name for a perfect example.

Power Inverters for Dummies

1. Open Trunk
2. Remove Power Inverter and plug into cigarette lighter
3. Turn switch to "on"
4. Plug in cell phones, IPads and rechargeable flashlights
5. Return in 1-2 hours when charged
6. Turn switch on Power Inverter to "off"

And your user name is indicative of your political stance. :lol:

You weren't without electricity for almost six days.

It's amazing how much we depend on the fossil fueled power or nuclear energy grid. People who live in the metropolitan area apartments are conditioned to take basic services for granted while the rural and even suburban population is a bit more independent. We lost our power in the direcho early in the summer but a small generator got our freezer and refrigerator through OK and even powered a fan in the bedroom. We always have water bottles stockpiled and we cooked on the barbie.

I ran on my generator from Monday morning (around 6am) until Thursday...which is about what I expected. Mine is a big one (8.5 kilowatts), it will run everything except my dryer.

I think my neighbors have one like that. The rest of us wanted to kill that thing. We had snow. It sounded like a mac truck running in our yards 24/7. No peace and quiet for us....All I know is if it had gone on for more than 3 days...I would have been seriously thinking of sabotaging it. Wait a minute, I already was thinking about it. Somebody should have a talk with them about sound proofing that thing. Even cars have mufflers.

Or an ipad.
He lied.

1. Open Trunk
3. Turn switch to "on"

Maybe rightwinger is an athlete with a good sense of humor... :lol:

Or an ipad.
He lied.

1. Open Trunk
3. Turn switch to "on"

What is wrong with my user name?

Half the homes in my county still don't have power

It's amazing how much we depend on the fossil fueled power or nuclear energy grid. People who live in the metropolitan area apartments are conditioned to take basic services for granted while the rural and even suburban population is a bit more independent. We lost our power in the direcho early in the summer but a small generator got our freezer and refrigerator through OK and even powered a fan in the bedroom. We always have water bottles stockpiled and we cooked on the barbie.

I ran on my generator from Monday morning (around 6am) until Thursday...which is about what I expected. Mine is a big one (8.5 kilowatts), it will run everything except my dryer.

I think my neighbors have one like that. The rest of us wanted to kill that thing. We had snow. It sounded like a mac truck running in our yards 24/7. No peace and quiet for us....All I know is if it had gone on for more than 3 days...I would have been seriously thinking of sabotaging it. Wait a minute, I already was thinking about it. Somebody should have a talk with them about sound proofing that thing. Even cars have mufflers.

Air-cooled gensets are loud. Mine is old (mid-70's) and is VERY loud, even with a large muffler. It has what looks like a riding lawnmower engine, but most of the racket seems to be from the engine itself (as opposed to exhaust roar) and the large cooling fan.

Sabotaging a generator could result in someone's death.

We only lost power for one night. That night the house was unimaginably quite. I loved it. The biggest issue was we have a well which means without electricity we don't have any pressure. Even the most prepared can be unprepared.

If I were you, I would install and emergency hand pump. Water is very important. I've been reading a lot of doomsday books lately and having a well and not being able to access it, well that's just dumb.

In one of the books they had a generator that operated their well but when they ran out of gas, they were up a creek without the water, that is. Do you need a paddle if there is no water in the creek? :D

Thanks for the excellent advice. I will definitely look into getting one.

I'm with you Sheila

I hated the people in the neighborhood who had generators. The damn things ran night and day and were loud as hell
The people with generators also had to constantly clog the gas stations trying to fill their fuel cans

You can sit shivering in the dark, throw away any food in the freezer, and smell like a goat because you can't shower...I will keep my genset running!

Envy is a terrible thing. A genset is only about $600.

I'm with you Sheila

I hated the people in the neighborhood who had generators. The damn things ran night and day and were loud as hell
The people with generators also had to constantly clog the gas stations trying to fill their fuel cans

I looked at a medium sized one. It has a 300 cc engine. My dirt bike only has a 200 cc engine and is also quieter than one of those things.

1. Open Trunk
3. Turn switch to "on"

What is wrong with my user name?

Half the homes in my county still don't have power
Did your car battery last almost 6 days? :lol::lol:

Congrats I know the feeling of seeing the power come back on after a storm.
Enjoy

Air-cooled gensets are loud. Mine is old (mid-70's) and is VERY loud, even with a large muffler. It has what looks like a riding lawnmower engine, but most of the racket seems to be from the engine itself (as opposed to exhaust roar) and the large cooling fan.

Sabotaging a generator could result in someone's death.

We had no heat and no electric. So my wife and I made the best of it and made a bonfire in the backyard and opened a bottle of wine. Very romantic except for the drone of generators around us.

I worked in the boating/marine industry for 20 years, I know what a power inverter is. Battery to 110 volt. You didn't help your claim with that foolishness.
You lied.
I caught you.
Suck it up.

Or an ipad.
He lied.

well i know what a power inverter will do too....... :eusa_shhh:

ever think he was using it just to charge up his phone and ipad?

And... what does that have to do with the electricity coming back on anyway? You can still be using secondary sources...and still cheer when the "power" comes back on.

It's a good thing that Arizona's Sheriff Joe Arpaio let you have some of their utility crews & equipment.

The U.S. Air Force Reserve's 439th Airlift wing deliivers Arizona Public Service crews and vehicles to Westover Air Reserve Base to assist CL&P in the recovery of Hurricane Sandy.

utf-8BNTI1NTc2XzI3NzA3OTgxOTA2MTA4OF8zNDUzMTg0MTVfbi5qcGc.jpg
Fuck sherriff Joe.

That is not what the people of Connecticut who were helped by the people of Arizona are saying.

DSC_6050.jpg

Or an ipad.
He lied.

1. Open Trunk
3. Turn switch to "on"

^^^... just like that..... :tongue:

Forum List

Back