Advice from the police chief in Columbia, S.C..do not sleep naked in his town.

Ben Thomson

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2020
Seems a gentleman in that town was doing just that when he was awoken by flashing lights, he went to his door to see what was going on and was met with armed officers who told him to not close the door and come outside and stand against a wall..nude, while they entered his home to do a search. They said they were looking for some kids who may have broken into a car. Lawsuit pending because 1. No one saw any kids around his house so why put him through this. 2. They did not have a search warrant to search his house...Police kept Black man naked in yard while looking for teens

Last edited:
I really hope there is way more to the story, because with just what was related above that is completely unacceptable.
I mean, did they even beat him? Plant any drugs? The guy was black, after all.
Maybe those cops are losing their touch.
It’s probably a safe bet they found every missing bike in a 5 mile radius in his garage, along with several stolen electronic devices.

Seems a gentleman in that town was doing just that when he was awoken by flashing lights, he went to his door to see what was going on and was met with armed officers who told him to not close the door and come outside and stand against a wall..nude, while they entered his home to do a search. They said they were looking for some kids who may have broken into a car. Lawsuit pending because 1. No one saw any kids around his house so why put him through this. 2. They did not have a search warrant to search his house...Police kept Black man naked in yard while looking for teens

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

http://www.constituteproject.org/constitution/United_States_of_America_1992

Body camera video showed Jethro DeVane tell the officer in June 2019 he lived in the Rock Hill home and the officer cursed at him and told him not to close the door.

can you show us the video?

1 - What the fuck does Columbia have to do with this story? It happened in Rock Hill, it's not even a suburb of Columbia. Rock Hill is closer to Charlotte, NC than it is to Columbia. Did you even read your own link? Oh, because it says "COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)" at the beginning you just ignored the parts that told you where it happened? And where was the advice you mentioned having been doled out? I didn't see it in the article...

2 - While I find it difficult to believe that the cops were just running around willy-nilly looking for residents to harass, I do believe that Mr. DeVane has a fairly good case. Here's to hoping his remaining years are comfortable.

3 - At least it was June...

Last edited:
Body camera video showed Jethro DeVane tell the officer in June 2019 he lived in the Rock Hill home and the officer cursed at him and told him not to close the door.

Here's a link:

They must like to see blacks naked. First the female social worker and now this guy.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

That's all well and good but the problem in that Amendment is there is no profit to be had from protecting people from illegal searches. It's not like the 2nd, where there is bookoos of bucks to be had defending that one.

Oh and btw you can not use the 2nd to protect the 4th. They'll just kill you and your friends.

Here's a link:

Thanks

but what happened to the rest of the body cam video?

it ended just as it seemed the cops were no longer going to treat the man as a suspect

1 - What the fuck does Columbia have to do with this story? It happened in Rock Hill, it's not even a suburb of Columbia. Rock Hill is closer to Charlotte, NC than it is to Columbia. Did you even read your own link? Oh, because it says "COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP)" at the beginning you just ignored the parts that told you where it happened? And where was the advice you mentioned having been doled out? I didn't see it in the article...

2 - While I find it difficult to believe that the cops were just running around willy-nilly looking for residents to harass, I do believe that Mr. DeVane has a fairly good case. Here's to hoping his remaining years are comfortable.

3 - At least it was June...
Okay..Rock Hill..feel better??

I really hope there is way more to the story, because with just what was related above that is completely unacceptable.
It’s probably a safe bet they found every missing bike in a 5 mile radius in his garage, along with several stolen electronic devices.
Well here's another one..We are looking for a black guy with dreads and your black with dreads so stand up and put your hands behind your back, we don't care if you are just sitting here eating dinner with your family...Police handcuffed an innocent Black man who was eating with his family at a Virginia Beach mall, saying he matched the profile of a wanted suspect

Well here's another one..We are looking for a black guy with dreads and your black with dreads so stand up and put your hands behind your back, we don't care if you are just sitting here eating dinner with your family...Police handcuffed an innocent Black man who was eating with his family at a Virginia Beach mall, saying he matched the profile of a wanted suspect

Imagine if they treated pallid incels like this every time there was a spree shooting.

Here's a link:

I have multiple questions.

1) Who the hell goes to the door buck-ass naked? This is what bathrobes are for, for Pete's sake.

2) Did he at any point tell the officers they were not welcome to search his residence without a warrant?

3) Where is he getting this "I was in fear for my life" stuff from? Aside from the fact that they had guns, did he have any actual reason to believe they would shoot him? Or is this another "I'm black so I ASSumed" situation?

Here's a link:

Thanks

but what happened to the rest of the body cam video?

it ended just as it seemed the cops were no longer going to treat the man as a suspect

I would assume that they aren't releasing the full footage until all investigations/legal action are completed.

Forum List

Back