Advice for winter

Ringo

Gold Member
Jun 14, 2021
Over there
In the video, a man tells how to heat a house without firewood and coal. The brick is placed in kerosene / diesel fuel for a several hours and then ignited in the oven. It burns for up to five hours

Last edited:
What a waste of good 1-K kerosene. That stuff's about $10 a gallon at the hardware store, but I get it for about $3.50 a gallon at the pump. See the blue flame on this 1940's era Aladdin heater? That's running at full efficiency and heats the garage up nicely...

aladdin.jpg

When we visited grandma and pa at Christmas as kids they were still placing wrapped hot stones and irons under the covers at the foot of everybody's beds to keep our feet warm. They were very frugal people no matter how well they were doing, and put 6 kids through college through the Depression and WW II, so no using the gas heater unless it was really cold and they didn't want the pipes to freeze under the house. They loosened up a little in the '60's but not much.

In the video, a man tells how to heat a house without firewood and coal. The brick is placed in kerosene / diesel fuel for a several hours and then ignited in the oven. It burns for up to five hours

My advice for winter! Have a couple shots handy when you open up the first heating bill

We haven't really had a nasty winter for a few yrs. I'm sure Farty Pants will bring in the coldest one in decades. Guess we need a really cold bitch this year for the midterms......I hope libturds freeze their fucking asses off their balls are the size of peanuts

My advice for winter! Have a couple shots handy when you open up the first heating bill

We haven't really had a nasty winter for a few yrs. I'm sure Farty Pants will bring in the coldest one in decades. Guess we need a really cold bitch this year for the midterms......I hope libturds freeze their fucking asses off their balls are the size of peanuts

Actually, according to ACCUWEATHER "predictions" for this winter season, it's supposed to be pretty mild.
But then again, those Arctic Blasts do what they want........

Actually, according to ACCUWEATHER "predictions" for this winter season, it's supposed to be pretty mild.
But then again, those Arctic Blasts do what they want........
I hope so. I've golfed more times in November and January the last 5 yrs. Like a quick 9 yesterday, was almost 70

Personally I hope half the planet burns to a crisp so I can circle Feb and March in

A. Depends on the brick. Not all are porous.

B. Toxic fumes are a bitch.

C. How many of you whack-jobs have internet service but no central.heat?

Forum List

Back