Advanced Post Reply / Mentions

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
As I'm sure some of our more hardcore users are aware, quoting can be a bit of a chore. Nested quotes stack up and are a bit unsightly and waste space. We are going to experiment with a modification that gives the Quote/Reply a bit more power. If you want to reply to someone but not necessarily quote them, you can use the @mention style reply to save space.

You can find out more about the modification we have just installed here: Advanced Quote/Reply Essentials

I hope this helps the conversations flow a bit smoother and with less clutter.

Attachments

• v1-options.PNG
    v1-options.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 35
  • v1-all-buttons.PNG
    v1-all-buttons.PNG
    23.1 KB · Views: 34
elchorizo (or anyone else who knows how this works:

I was all excited by the 'quote <username>' button, which includes just that reply and mine above it. Thought it was going to stop me getting alerts up the wazoo everytime someone posts to someone else in that thread. Breaking the chain, so to speak.

Today I was welcomed by 59 alerts, about 5 of which were to me.

Do any of the new options prevent that?

I was all excited by the 'quote <username>' button, which includes just that reply and mine above it. Thought it was going to stop me getting alerts up the wazoo everytime someone posts to someone else in that thread. Breaking the chain, so to speak.

It doesn’t seem to fix any of the stacked quotes or false alerts we have been plagued with

Nothing more than renaming the buttons we had before

It doesn’t seem to fix any of the stacked quotes or false alerts we have been plagued with

Nothing more than renaming the buttons we had before
Well, that explains why we didn't get our old response choices back, either. I hope USMB hasn't cut that outfit their final check.

OL- remember the old adage about the grass not always being greener on the other side. I can only dream of 59 alerts! Lol. I did catch that part that only 5 were direct responses to you;) Honestly though, with 59 alerts I’d still get all excited haha

What should I change them to? I don't see anything in the OP about that. The link doesn't tell me anything.

OL- remember the old adage about the grass not always being greener on the other side. I can only dream of 59 alerts! Lol. I did catch that part that only 5 were direct responses to you;) Honestly though, with 59 alerts I’d still get all excited haha
You just need to comment in a really active thread or three. 59 is even a record for me. I wonder if this innovation has actually made things worse!

OL maybe you should just stop posting then. It would cut down on your alerts.

Forum List

Back