Admin, Mods: Keep Getting Logged Out Again, 502 Error, Pages Loading Slow

For about a week I had to sign in everytime I shut down my computer.
When I'd go to like or laugh at comment I'd get "are you sure you want to do this" or something to that effect.

The day my computer starts questioning my actions is the day I take it out to the deck and frisbee it into the dogs' pool.

If it was a cheap laptop maybe.
But I'm not tossing a MacBook Pro into the pool.

For about a week I had to sign in everytime I shut down my computer. When I'd go to like or laugh at comment I'd get "are you sure you want to do this" or something to that effect.

It started again this morning. And yes I signed out last night.
After rebooting the router for the third time it's seems to be fine.
We'll see.

For about a week I had to sign in everytime I shut down my computer. When I'd go to like or laugh at comment I'd get "are you sure you want to do this" or something to that effect.

We'll see.
Yeah, every time I go to another open tab, and come back, I have to sign in again. Driving me mad!

We'll see.
Yeah, every time I go to another open tab, and come back, I have to sign in again. Driving me mad!

I have more problems with this sight than all the others combined.

We'll see.

I have more problems with this sight than all the others combined.
Yeah. I know what you mean.

We'll see.

Did you read my post at #17? I don't expect that you can "stayed logged in" after you turn the machine off.

Mods have noticed "burps" in the Inet performance overall.. More folk web conferencing than going to meetings. More load from "garage/pet/baby" cams and streaming.. I just had my browser freeze for 30 seconds just awhile ago... And it wasn't my computer.. Just the browser hosed up.,..

Maybe it's worst HERE because we DWELL here and POUND here more than other sites.. But it's not causing the same symptoms for others in general...

We'll see.

See my comments above.. What platform, ISP type are YOU on???

We'll see.

Did you read my post at #17? I don't expect that you can "stayed logged in" after you turn the machine off.

Mods have noticed "burps" in the Inet performance overall.. More folk web conferencing than going to meetings. More load from "garage/pet/baby" cams and streaming.. I just had my browser freeze for 30 seconds just awhile ago... And it wasn't my computer.. Just the browser hosed up.,..

Maybe it's worst HERE because we DWELL here and POUND here more than other sites.. But it's not causing the same symptoms for others in general...

We'll see.

Say what?
In the past I stayed logged in an

We'll see.

We'll see.

My provider is xfinity.
I dont pretend to know why this is happening only that it is.
And as i said this is new,never had it happen until a few weeks ago.
And the whole are you sure you wish to perform this action seems awful weird.

Say what?

Even after you powered down the machine?? I know that browsers store passwords and member names, but after being disconnected from the internet for a time, this site WILL log you out..

Now, some browsers are slow to RETRIEVE you name/password because they are too busy DATA MINING YOU and retrieving your ad profiles, and if you attempt to log back in automatically before that data shows in the boxes, strange things will happen...

My provider is xfinity.

tablet, laptop, phone, desktop? Browser? That might help..

And the "are you sure" is something I've never seen except in moderation dialogues.. Like in "are you sure you want to ban EVERYBODY? LOL...

That's a user prompt that I don't think is in ANY USMB dialogue box... Other mods ever seen this in any member accessible dialogue boxes??

Coyote Dont Taz Me Bro

We'll see.

We'll see.

Uverse internet, ipad, latest version
As I say, this happened on another site. They fought me awhile, finally had a tech work with me. Turned out there was some small code error, and saai it had to have been more than just me, others just hadn’t said anything.
When it happened here previously, other things were also going on, like the 502 errors, etc, slow loading etc. Finally the site went down for some upgrade or something. It worked perfectly again. I am no longer getting 502 errors and the site seems to be loading much better again. Just can’t stay logged in.
No updates here or pending. I do use Adblock plus and private mode, just as I always have. I did try it out of private mode. Still get logged out. The other site also does run ads. And am not getting logged out there.

We'll see.

We'll see.

As I say, this happened on another site. They fought me awhile, finally had a tech work with me. Turned out there was some small code error, and saai it had to have been more than just me, others just hadn’t said anything.
When it happened here previously, other things were also going on, like the 502 errors, etc, slow loading etc. Finally the site went down for some upgrade or something. It worked perfectly again. I am no longer getting 502 errors and the site seems to be loading much better again. Just can’t stay logged in.
No updates here or pending. I do use Adblock plus and private mode, just as I always have. I did try it out of private mode. Still get logged out. The other site also does run ads. And am not getting logged out there.

How often are the 502 errors? Is it every day?

What do mean "still get logged out"? Does this happen while you're ACTIVE on USMB?

We'll see.

We'll see.

How often are the 502 errors? Is it every day?

What do mean "still get logged out"? Does this happen while you're ACTIVE on USMB?
Yes, if I have it open, yet not browsing for a couple of minutes. Or if I click another tab I have open and come back within 5-10 seconds. I’ll do that to copy and paste a paragraph from something, then go back to copy and paste the link in the reply box as well. I have to sign back in again and pray I remembered to save my draft because if not, everything is gone.
Another thing that is happening, on the page What’s new is before I could set it on refresh-in 300 seconds and it would hold when I came back again to that page. Now it loses that setting.

Say what?

Even after you powered down the machine?? I know that browsers store passwords and member names, but after being disconnected from the internet for a time, this site WILL log you out..

Now, some browsers are slow to RETRIEVE you name/password because they are too busy DATA MINING YOU and retrieving your ad profiles, and if you attempt to log back in automatically before that data shows in the boxes, strange things will happen...

This is something that has just started happening recently. As in around the last month or so.

My provider is xfinity.

tablet, laptop, phone, desktop? Browser? That might help..

And the "are you sure" is something I've never seen except in moderation dialogues.. Like in "are you sure you want to ban EVERYBODY? LOL...

That's a user prompt that I don't think is in ANY USMB dialogue box... Other mods ever seen this in any member accessible dialogue boxes??

Coyote Dont Taz Me Bro

It's a MacBook Pro and I'm running Google Chrome.
I wish I could say I was smart enough to hack USMB buuuut......

I forgot, I use safari, but also tried firefox, same result.

I forgot, I use safari, but also tried firefox, same result.
Been reading through all of this and considering it's just a couple of people having problems I have to assume it's not the site per se. It's could be in your security settings (over all or browser related) that doesn't like the idea that the USMB is unsecured. Could be a code glitch, (corrupted file, driver, etc) somewhere on your computer.
Unfortunately I'm not an internet network guru so I can only guess at what might be causing the problems based on what I do know.
Oh and I use Xfinity also with no problem whatsoever but I still wouldn't rule them out as part of the problem. Are you using their modem/router or yours?

Forum List

Back