GOOD news -- I hope...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
Those long nested quotes that are filling you screens MAY be fixed.. At least temporarily until there is a better solution.. The High Priests of the Board installed a line of code change that replacing the "plug-in" we used to use to control the maximum number of posts that get carried along in Reply...

I'm told that even with the code mod, and with the former plug-in, there are still possibilities of flaky quote backs and other side effects.. So I'm asking members and mod staff to WATCH and report these in THIS thread..

What you should see is that the max numbers of quotes carried along in quote backs shouldn't exceed 5 or 6 previous posts.

Even if you dont find any side effects, if you feel the major frustration is gone, come back here and weigh in...

AyeCantSeeYou WillHaftawaite Meister Dont Taz Me Bro Kat Coyote

Those long nested quotes that are filling you screens MAY be fixed.. At least temporarily until there is a better solution.. The High Priests of the Board installed a line of code change that replacing the "plug-in" we used to use to control the maximum number of posts that get carried along in Reply...

I'm told that even with the code mod, and with the former plug-in, there are still possibilities of flaky quote backs and other side effects.. So I'm asking members and mod staff to WATCH and report these in THIS thread..

What you should see is that the max numbers of quotes carried along in quote backs shouldn't exceed 5 or 6 previous posts.

Even if you dont find any side effects, if you feel the major frustration is gone, come back here and weigh in...

Congratulations, should improve the board tremendously

If you or anyone else sees a reply quote chain that's more than 6 posts long AND was posted since July 14th -- PLEASE LINK and post here... They are kinda hard to find.. But Mod staff sees them all the time in the Reports forum...

If you or anyone else sees a reply quote chain that's more than 6 posts long AND was posted since July 14th -- PLEASE LINK and post here... They are kinda hard to find.. But Mod staff sees them all the time in the Reports forum...
Cool. Now please install an INFORMATIVE button. There is much I don't agree on but IS informative and makes me reconsider my own stance.

Cool. Now please install an INFORMATIVE button. There is much I don't agree on but IS informative and makes me reconsider my own stance.

Still somehow inexplicably on the "to-do" list.. I'll keep pushing.. WE submitted a list of them about 70 days ago..

I like fewer quote backs, except I think 4 is enough, because the reader can just click on the up arrow to arrive at 4 more up, rinse repeat all the way back to the OP if that's where it started. It's too confusing when you're trying to respond to more than one posts, and it's too easy to respond to one of the above without realizing he's not the last person responding. I don't remember much of that happening in years past.

Excellent! I have just complete an experiment, not posting a response but doing as if I was going to reply first in a thread then in PMs and both I can report no more than 5 previous responses. This improves previous situations when I was getting approx 20-25 previous responses and had to scroll down and down to post my response.

I'm told that even with the code mod, and with the former plug-in, there are still possibilities of flaky quote backs and other side effects.

I'm having the sensation of some bizarre electromagnetic wave that is targeting my brain and re-working all my synapses to make me more docile and compliant.

I this considered normal?

Excellent! I have just complete an experiment, not posting a response but doing as if I was going to reply first in a thread then in PMs and both I can report no more than 5 previous responses. This improves previous situations when I was getting approx 20-25 previous responses and had to scroll down and down to post my response.

I love experiments.. But keep your hardhats on while you're testing.. Don't want any law suits or "on the job injuries....

OIP.BnW2Pk0B-wEbLpDh62ZJ6wHaQA

I'm told that even with the code mod, and with the former plug-in, there are still possibilities of flaky quote backs and other side effects.

I'm having the sensation of some bizarre electromagnetic wave that is targeting my brain and re-working all my synapses to make me more docile and compliant.

I this considered normal?

If you feel it in another 4minutes -- PM me.. I'll check...

Still somehow inexplicably on the "to-do" list.. I'll keep pushing.. WE submitted a list of them about 70 days ago..
Bug them alot. I sure miss that button.

Roger that.

If you feel it in another 4minutes -- PM me.. I'll check...
It seems like a pretty normal day so far really. I went to work and ran payroll Did some banking and paid some bills. I'm stopping at the store to get a few things on the way home but nothing seems out of the ord
jizz+in+my+pants.gif

Forum List

Back