Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

emilynghiem: The bible would read this had men written the Bible. Evil destroys evil. Go out to destroy evil with any imaginative device that you can think of. That is what people do. That is not what is written.​

Dear Iamartiewhitefox
I interpret what you are saying here as man's selfish propensity toward Retributive Justice. This is indeed biased materially toward the interests of each individual seeking to defend themselves first over others. In fact our court system punishes lawyers for malpractice if they fail to represent their clients over all other considerations. They cannot be seen as helping the other side, so this is not seeking equal justice but onesided.

Man's justice is materially biased this way.

What the NT teaches is Restorative Justice which serves all people equally.

Much greater responsibilities as well as greater rewards. But this justice exceeds the limits on govt. It is the people or church body who have freedom to practice justice with peace. Then our govt and laws follow the standards we set by teaching by example and practicing what we preach.

The higher justice that is universal comes from God's laws as embodied in the people through Christ not manmade laws or govt that get politically divided and selfish due to greed for power.

We are supposed to rise above and seek higher justice not selfish biases as parties do for political favor and gain.

Dear Iamartiewhitefox
I interpret what you are saying here as man's selfish propensity toward Retributive Justice. This is indeed biased materially toward the interests of each individual seeking to defend themselves first over others. In fact our court system punishes lawyers for malpractice if they fail to represent their clients over all other considerations. They cannot be seen as helping the other side, so this is not seeking equal justice but onesided.

Man's justice is materially biased this way.

What the NT teaches is Restorative Justice which serves all people equally.

Much greater responsibilities as well as greater rewards. But this justice exceeds the limits on govt. It is the people or church body who have freedom to practice justice with peace. Then our govt and laws follow the standards we set by teaching by example and practicing what we preach.

The higher justice that is universal comes from God's laws as embodied in the people through Christ not manmade laws or govt that get politically divided and selfish due to greed for power.

We are supposed to rise above and seek higher justice not selfish biases as parties do for political favor and gain.

Judge the fatherless, plead for the widow statement would not have been said, had people chosen God, rather than mammon. Choosing mammon over God is like the Jewish people choosing Saul as their king, rather than have God rule over them, and protect them.

Would they see that as good or evil, when they are too stupid to know if something is good or evil?

Regards
DL
Prior to disobeying God's command, they had the concept of Yes/No, not Good/Corrupt.
God created a couple who could think through an issue, not 2 robots.

Because knowing humans are inherently curious, it would be impossible to then obey such an arbitrary, and therefore even, order.
And no, it is not ONE exception.
It was symbolic of the tree of knowledge, so it was ALL information.
It was everything.
It was math, history, logic, chemistry, physics, biology, etc.
To deny all that is cruel beyond belief.
What makes you state the command was arbitrary?
The Tree was the Tree of the knowledge of Good/Evil aka Constructive/Corrupt.
Adam already possessed all the knowledge of the world as he was able to name all the creatures on earth appropriately.

Why are you so intent on getting people to agree with that Eve was innocent of anything. She WAS. NOT. I know from reading the bible that many women are easily manipulated by satan. I believe it is part of her curse. Not all women because there are a lot of good women in the bible but even the good ones were sometimes led astray to do things 'their own way ' instead of waiting on God.

Genesis 3:16

16 To the woman he said,

“I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing;
in pain you shall bring forth children.
Your desire shall be contrary to[f] your husband,
but he shall rule over you.”

woman in general does not like that one bit.
Can you blame them?

Would you wish to be named inferior to men?

Strange that you think women inferior in mental purity and that women are more susceptible to Satan, when the evidence shows the opposite.

Regards
DL

Why are you so intent on getting people to agree with that Eve was innocent of anything.
Because she was pitted against Satan and the talking serpent by Yahweh, and she did not have the power to not be tempted.

She was set up.

Regards
DL

Prior to disobeying God's command, they had the concept of Yes/No, not Good/Corrupt.
God created a couple who could think through an issue, not 2 robots.
They could not know if their thinking was good or evil as they did not know of those concepts till after educating themselves by eating from the tree of knowledge.

Regards
DL

What makes you state the command was arbitrary?
The Tree was the Tree of the knowledge of Good/Evil aka Constructive/Corrupt.
Adam already possessed all the knowledge of the world as he was able to name all the creatures on earth appropriately.
So Adam had knowledge, before eating of the tree of knowledge.

Why bother with the tree of knowledge then?

Regards
DL

well you'll find out if you're so unlucky to be around when he does return, or otherwise. I knew it would come out eventually. LOLOL No wonder you defend the wrong persons.

well you'll find out if you're so unlucky to be around when he does return, or otherwise. I knew it would come out eventually. LOLOL No wonder you defend the wrong persons.
So a phony fear is your only tool for conversion.

No wonder Christians used so many inquisitions and murder to sell Christianity.

Their morals were garbage and could not sell anything.

Care to argue to see just which character is the good one?

I doubt it. Loser.

Regards
DL

Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

Be you a believer or not, your life has been affected by the mainstream religions and the myth of Adam and Eve. It is the source of Christian homophobia and misogyny.

There are many strange things in the myth of Adam and Eve.
Was Adam born alone or first?
If Adam was created in God’s image and likeness, who is woman modeled after?
Satan is depicted in part as a woman.

Who was she modeled on and why female? Likely because of evolution and women being men’s biological prize.

In law, to be punished, one must be shown to have evil intent or an evil mind. Latin, Men’s Rea.

This is what human justice is based on.

Was Eve innocent, given that she had no evil intent?

Regards
DL
Again... you really should stop reading the Bible literally like a jackanape.

Again... you really should stop reading the Bible literally like a jackanape.
Again.

I do not, and you know this.

I agree that all who read myths literally and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions are jackanape, whatever that is.

They have the same vile morals that you have.

Regards
DL

Again.

I agree that all who read myths literally and end in adoring a genocidal prick of a god and his homophobic and misogynous religions are jackanape, whatever that is.

Regards
DL
Your conclusion can only be reached from a literal reading of the Bible.

Not sure we are talking about the same things Fort Fun Indiana

Here is an example of someone who doesn't assume, assert or believe what you stated about law and govt:

Does this position make it more clear how law/govt are faith based:
It sure doesn't, because faith is belief without evidence. Trusting that a government is a better system than anarchy is trust based on evidence. Mountains of it.

Stop trying to put your magical faith on the same shelf as evidence based determination. It will NEVER work.

Again.

Regards
DL
Satan is against gays, Not God. People vexed Lot not wanting to have sex with lot doing worse to him than the the beings in Lots house. The lie about sex made the Left to get bent out of shape. The wrong spirit to came into them. Here we are. The Bible is not a myth. It would not have don't give evil for evil. It would say give evil for evil. That is the way the carnal mind thinks. 1 Peter 3:9 Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing. The carnal mind will not write that. There is an evil spirit in the church, wanting to infect the minds of others. People are becoming evil, when they behold evil, not having any loving truth to behold.

Last edited:
So Adam had knowledge, before eating of the tree of knowledge.

Why bother with the tree of knowledge then?

Regards
DL
Do you know how to read?
It was not the Tree Of Knowledge, it was the Tree Of Knowledge of the difference between Tove (Constructive) and Rah (Corruption).
Once an innocent person caves into their selfish inclination, there's no going back; it remains a lifelong internal struggle.

Do you know how to read?
It was not the Tree Of Knowledge, it was the Tree Of Knowledge of the difference between Tove (Constructive) and Rah (Corruption).
Once an innocent person caves into their selfish inclination, there's no going back; it remains a lifelong internal struggle.

as well, the religion of antiquity provides there is a conclusion to be accomplished - and in doing so a judgement granted.

Forum List

Back