Adam sinned, not Eve. Why did Yahweh punish an innocent Eve?

Dear james bond and surada
A. I see no need to pass any judgment on a person or group, based on their existing preference for interpreting the Bible timeline on creation or development of the universe in stages:
1. I have friends who stick to the literal "6 days" meaning 6 days to humans, UNTIL there is unilateral agreement otherwise
2. I have friends who go with 6 days meaning 6 ages or stages of development which makes the most sense to me and seems more likely universal to align with other systems
3. I have friends who use secular science, and either believe or do not believe the carbon dating estimates, or accept or reject different versions of big bang/singularity/quantum/string/unified field theories, where I lump these together in framing the world as "self existing" and including all such theories or explanations as equally possible as describing the process of development

B. The issue of judging/rejecting people over some conflict is a SEPARATE topic to resolve in addition to A, the actual content and conflict being discussed or debated.

Can we agree not to hang or denigrate people for their views first (issue B) BEFORE trying to contrast and compare A?

I cannot follow what you are saying about A, if the conflicts caused by B interfere and obstruct objective sharing of the ideas and reasons behind each one.

Can we please take these separately, one before the other, instead of arguing personally and philosophically at the same time.

Thank you

And I would have a fraction of the friends I have now if I had to go through the list and X off each person who held on to a theory that didn't match mine or everyone else. Maybe Jesus would still be my friend, but the rest of us would be doomed!
I'm willing to change the way I present my opinions and arguments here in R&E. This is more a difficult forum, so other "faiths" are entitled to have their views and religion. It's not like Christianity comes out on top. Every valid religion is considered equal.

Also, you bring up science and do think it's difficult to separate one or the other. I think it's two sides of the same coin of truth.

Under religion, we argue about the age of the Earth since evolution needs long time and have dominated science in getting the general population to believe in a 4.54 billion year old Earth and 13.7 billion year old universe from 1956. God didn't discuss the age of the Earth. He told us only Earth is equipped for life even though the universe is vast. He told us that it's miraculous that the Earth hangs where it is and orbits the sun as well as spin on its own axis. It should be drawn towards the sun due to gravity based on science. He told us the universe has edges and is bounded. He told us the universe will continue to accelerate out. However, it's doubtful that we'll be able to explore it to find if there's any alien life out there or visit other galaxies. It seems that our end is closer than we think. He told us the universe is flat like a scroll and will be rolled up and destroyed one day.

I'm willing to change the way I present my opinions and arguments here in R&E. This is more a difficult forum, so other "faiths" are entitled to have their views and religion. It's not like Christianity comes out on top. Every valid religion is considered equal.

Also, you bring up science and do think it's difficult to separate one or the other. I think it's two sides of the same coin of truth.
The difference is like night and day. Science has discoveries which can be proven and repeated. Religion has not changed a thing since the bible. Apart from the squalid opportunist who reprint it to make it more relevant.

Under religion, we argue about the age of the Earth since evolution needs long time and have dominated science in getting the general population to believe in a 4.54 billion year old Earth and 13.7 billion year old universe from 1956.

The people can believe what they like. it's just they don't chose that rubbish of dozens of dates for which it began.

God didn't discuss the age of the Earth. He told us only Earth is equipped for life even though the universe is vast.

God did not say anything line that at all. I'll say you have no evidence of that but in fact you fabricated it.

He told us that it's miraculous that the Earth hangs where it is and orbits the sun as well as spin on its own axis.

In the time if the bible, God or anyone else had no idea how the earth was suspended. Some believe it was flat.
God couldn't not have possibly known that and again, you fabricated that.
He knew nothing about how it orbits sun and had no way of researching. Apart from the fact didn't exist.
Quote the passage in your silly books where he said exactly those scenarios. I'll bet you can't.

It should be drawn towards the sun due to gravity based on science. He told us the universe has edges and is bounded. He told us the universe will continue to accelerate out.
Stop the lying. He said not one of those and had no way of knowing. even if he did it would be the opposite of the creationist theory and be proof of the big bang believed by science.
Telling lies can get you into trouble.

However, it's doubtful that we'll be able to explore it to find if there's any alien life out there or visit other galaxies.

It could well be doubtful but with svience and physics, never say never.

It seems that our end is closer than we think. He told us the universe is flat like a scroll and will be rolled up and destroyed one day.

There is no end to the earth inside 30 million years except if we are struck with and asteroid like 65 million years ago.
That's also unlikely be abuse science is detecting them.

If he believed and told the earth was flat, he was a complete idiot and had never observed it from his glorious heaven because he never existed.

Basically comrade, you have portrayed your God with the fiction of a mills and boon love story, minus the facts.
It's absurd and an insult to intelligent people to write that but expect people to believe it is breathtakingly ignorant.

Next time, do some research and I welcome your debate.

Colin norris , learn to quote and reply properly and I can reply to your points. You cannot be quoted which is just as well as you present no evidence.

Well, "dear emilynghiem " that's not what you said and not what I was addressing, now was it.

You have to watch to see which side of her mouth she is talking from.

She confuses both sides and will not attack evil directly.

Regards
DL
Why was this post attached to a quote of my unrelated post?

Under religion, we argue about the age of the Earth since evolution needs long time and have dominated science in getting the general population to believe in a 4.54 billion year old Earth and 13.7 billion year old universe from 1956. God didn't discuss the age of the Earth. He told us only Earth is equipped for life even though the universe is vast. He told us that it's miraculous that the Earth hangs where it is and orbits the sun as well as spin on its own axis. It should be drawn towards the sun due to gravity based on science. He told us the universe has edges and is bounded. He told us the universe will continue to accelerate out. However, it's doubtful that we'll be able to explore it to find if there's any alien life out there or visit other galaxies. It seems that our end is closer than we think. He told us the universe is flat like a scroll and will be rolled up and destroyed one day.
It seems that our end is closer than we think. He (they) told us the universe is flat like a scroll and will be rolled up and destroyed one day.
that is of course - the boomerang theory ... the finite angle, trajectory all matter is accelerating will return the matter as a mirror image at the same time to its point of origin to begin the recompaction for the next cyclical moment of singularity.

and for them to know, means somehow they survive the event ... and those that accomplish spiritual purity to join them will witness the big bang themselves like a big 4th of july firecracker.

- - no time too soon though, to reach midpoint the sky will be void of any visible objects and when they do reappear they will all be heading on a collision course in earths direction.

and the desert religion people will still be praying till the first bolder hits them on their head.

Where do you get this silly stuff? How will anyone's answer change your life?
It won't because he's on a mission to subordinate Christianity.
This is not about me, silly.
When you attack the faith of others, it most certainly is about you. It's always about the aggressors who attack others because they are the ones who are on the offensive. If it were not about the ones doing the attacking, there would be no attack.

This is not about me, silly.

If you think that, once a genocidal god lover, always a genocidal god lover, you are wrong.

Many Christians and Muslims develop a decent moral sense and condemn that prick, Yahweh/Jesus, to hell.

Check the stats on religions shrinking. I like them.

Regards
DL
Dear GreatestIam
Everything you see and say reflects your perception and understanding with biases which we all have.

Including when you perceive and criticize others. It is all reflection and projection.

That is why I say it is a mutual process of discovery and sharing with each other.

All Christianity says is to embrace truth and use the process to restore and perfect our relations in peace for Justice sake, for Charity toward all humanity joined as one.

... positive prayers - for - correction, redemption and healing - - > of what.

are you a hopeless sinner emily, what are the sins you are unable to not commit - can you not become pure before your physiology expires, to have tried growing wings for the next generation than thinking of yourself, your thoughts of christianity.
Yes to all the above.

In embracing one another as equal children of the Heavenly Kingdom we uplift each other, becoming better people with more unity in relations and clarity of vision, so we help each other to be more effective in improving ourselves and society at the same time. Both individually and collectively. Thank you BreezeWood more power and grace to you as you reach out to help others in this greater process of establishing Truth Peace and Justice for all humanity. Amen!

Be you a believer or not, your life has been affected by the mainstream religions and the myth of Adam and Eve. It is the source of Christian homophobia and misogyny.

There are many strange things in the myth of Adam and Eve.
Was Adam born alone or first?
If Adam was created in God’s image and likeness, who is woman modeled after?
Satan is depicted in part as a woman.

Who was she modeled on and why female? Likely because of evolution and women being men’s biological prize.

In law, to be punished, one must be shown to have evil intent or an evil mind. Latin, Men’s Rea.

This is what human justice is based on.

Was Eve innocent, given that she had no evil intent?

Regards
DL
What? Eve went to the tree being beguiled by the serpent. Adam did not say that. Eve was changed from what she was. Adam took the fruit that Eve offered, anyway. Adam was in the presence of Satan, through Eve. Adam is made in God's image. Eve was taken from that image. That image will also be in God's image. Sexual parts are the same. Female parts, are inside out male parts. Sodom's sin was vexing people with filthy conversation. 2 Peter 2:7 - 8, KJV. The church hates that verse. Satan is sexless. Eve did not have God's Spirit in her, not able to recognize an evil being. She was comfortable enough to eat in that beings presence. Other animals, and birds avoided that tree.

Last edited:

Be you a believer or not, your life has been affected by the mainstream religions and the myth of Adam and Eve. It is the source of Christian homophobia and misogyny.

There are many strange things in the myth of Adam and Eve.
Was Adam born alone or first?
If Adam was created in God’s image and likeness, who is woman modeled after?
Satan is depicted in part as a woman.

Who was she modeled on and why female? Likely because of evolution and women being men’s biological prize.

In law, to be punished, one must be shown to have evil intent or an evil mind. Latin, Men’s Rea.

This is what human justice is based on.

Was Eve innocent, given that she had no evil intent?

Regards
DL
If Chava didn’t do anything wrong why didn’t she simply state such?

You claimed in the OP that Eve didn't sin, but she did. Did you have a point?
Don't bad mouth God. His judgments are fair. Jesus the Father judges as to who has his Spirit in them, and who does not have his spirit in them. Judge the fatherless, plead for the widow is this: Be good to both of them. Money, being used, makes people to be bad to both of them.

The problem is that science is fact based while the god religions are fiction based, thanks to stupid people believing in a real supernatural.

If the bible is read correctly, the naturalist religion it shows is quite clear.

In the fantasy, there is a problem of evil.

In reality, there is no problem of evil.

Nature creates for the best possible end, while the adored genocidal Yahweh and Jesus create for the worst end. That is scripture.

Regards
DL
Dear GreatestIam
on one hand you blame hate, such as misogyny and homophobia.
on the other hand you say there is no problem of evil.

isn't hate based on fear and selfish desire to control and defend
one's interests and will from being violated by others equally self preserving and directed?

which way is it?

how do you define the cause or nature of "misogyny and homophobia"

if you see this as "fear based" then fear can be resolved
and you are right there is no need to mythologize that as evil that cannot be managed

however, the type of "evil" energy such as demonic or satanic cults abuse,
becomes collective and outside individual control. so that is the type
of "evil" that requires COLLECTIVE prayers of individuals to commit to renounce and break free from.

if you want to discuss the NATURAL levels of fear/hatred causing "phobic rejection
or attacks of people by groups" we can start there.

Are you saying there is no "outside" evil going on
and this is where the fantasy is? And all "evil" is
coming from WITHIN people and we can do something to change that?

I agree we can address our own fears and stop "evil" manipulations.

What do you say causes this fear behind "phobias"?

Forum List

Back