Actor Alec Baldwin fired prop gun on set of ‘Rust’ that killed cinematographer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Propane guns are built from the ground up as propane guns. They are built for the reenacting community.

The only usage of propane in movies is for ordnance. Cannons for those of you who don't know what ordnance is.

No, all the propane machineguns I have seen were conversions.
Cost too much to make oneoff from scratch.
Easy to convert old worn out real machineguns that no longer have any value, due to BATF regs.
Someone likely does make propane prop guns from scratch, but they would be much more expensive.

Propane conversions are common for Hollywood.
But it is not worth it or necessary for small arms.
Usually only done for machineguns.

No, they aren't. You are linking to a British company that makes them for the reenacting community.

This is liberal privilege, not white privilege.
Thanks for clearing that up....excellent point...had this been a brown person, or a Republican they'd be in jail.

Rich Libs can obviously kill TWO people in the middle of the street and walk free....look at the dembot cultist coming to defend this killer...sad really...

No, all the propane machineguns I have seen were conversions.
Cost too much to make oneoff from scratch.
Easy to convert old worn out real machineguns that no longer have any value, due to BATF regs.
Someone likely does make propane prop guns from scratch, but they would be much more expensive.

Only cannons are converted. The .50 cal, and .30 cal propane guns are ALL purpose built. And no, ATF regs PRECLUDE converting a real MG to a propane gun. You are truly clueless. And a papered machine gun is worth tens of thousands, even in poor condition. Stop spewing about a subject you know NOTHING about.

Because, at the very least, he was criminally negligent and ended a life.

. . . If it were my jurisdiction though, I would launch a full scale investigation to see what types of conversations or interactions he had with the victims to see if there was anything more. . .

These folks all think they are above the law.

No, it is most likely he was just doing what the director told him and everyone else what to do.
The prop person is likely the negligent one.
Not the slightest hint Baldwin was negligent, so far.

Thanks for clearing that up....excellent point...had this been a brown person, or a Republican they'd be in jail.

Rich Libs can obviously kill TWO people in the middle of the street and walk free....look at the dembot cultist coming to defend this killer...sad really...

That is silly because Baldwin was not in charge of the props or the directing.

I don't think anyone actually directed him to kill anyone...geez...nor was this a prop...hence why it shot real bullets after Baldwin fired it at two people killing them.

Baldwin got a gun, Baldwin fired the gun...

No, they aren't. You are linking to a British company that makes them for the reenacting community.

Yes the one I linked was a total simulation, because they are very common from movie props.
But look at the price tag.
That is $1500 used.
New must have been over $3k.
You can get demilled, real, worn out, machineguns for $100.
Then conversion is easy.
All you want is muzzle flash.
I see real converted to propane often.

Pointing a gun at an innocent person and pulling the trigger is ALWAYS negligent, regardless of the circumstances.

I could not point at someone unless I could see the breech was open, but it is not illegal if the experts are there and telling you want to do.

Half the time when stopped by cops for traffic, they point real guns that are loaded and cocked.
So why are they not being arrested?

I don't think anyone actually directed him to kill anyone...geez...nor was this a prop...hence why it shot real bullets after Baldwin fired it at two people killing them.

Baldwin got a gun, Baldwin fired the gun...

We do not even know if it was a real gun.
Could have been a fake prop that exploded.
( How else could 2 be hit? )
Baldwin did not "get" gun but was given gun by prop guy.
The gun could have gone off accidentally for all we know.
We do not know if it fired real bullets or if it had real bullets.
There were not 2 deaths, only 1 death and 1 injury.

The actors should be trained on gun safety if they are handling a weapon on set. Period. You should never assume anything when it comes to a firearm.
thank you--this is basic common sense--which some people don't have

He is the Producer of this movie, which means he is responsible for everything.

If, as a Producer he did all the rights like hire experienced armorers then he may push off the neglect onto somebody else. However, if he tried to cut the budget and hire less than qualified firearms handlers then he may be the responsible party.

He gots some big 'splaining to do since he was the one that pulled the trigger. Especailly if the reports about him (jokingly) threatened to shoot somebody are true.

No, it is most likely he was just doing what the director told him and everyone else what to do.
The prop person is likely the negligent one.
Not the slightest hint Baldwin was negligent, so far.
Without a full scale investigation, I don't claim to know that. . .

. . . if you do, I guess you are omniscient.

I've always learned, the person pulling the trigger is responsible for what is in the gun.

Without a full scale investigation, I don't claim to know that. . .

. . . if you do, I guess you are omniscient.

I've always learned, the person pulling the trigger is responsible for what is in the gun.

You have to remember that these stupid uneducated Moon Bats like this Rigby asshole will try to defend Baldwin because he is a fellow Moon Bat Libtard.

He did plenty wrong, but was just running his mouth about shooting people on 5th avenue. He hasn't go the sack.
no he didn't....he was the first POTUS in a long time that tried to get America on the right track
..with Bidumb, not only is he off track, he's going FULL steam !!!!!!!!
1634928386794.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back