Actor Alec Baldwin Being Sued

I'm still not completely a hundred percent sure what to think about this story, as I think he should have known better to check the gun before firing it, but I still don't think that he meant to hurt anybody,.. let alone kill them.

This was a given. You knew the entire crew was going to be sued.

This was a given. You knew the entire crew was going to be sued.

True, but the requirement the civil suit seeks to put on Baldwin effectively says he should have been trained like an armorer.

“This duty called for Defendant Baldwin to double-check the Colt Revolver with Halls upon being handled to ensure that it did not contain live ammunition,” the docs read. “This duty further called for him [Baldwin] to handle the Colt Revolver as if it was loaded and to refrain from pointing it at anyone.”

I think you're right that he didn't intend to kill anyone.
But the question of him being set up by somebody purposely loading the gun is still a valid question.

It's a worthwhile discussion if the politics can be set aside for a while.
OR, if you want to travel down this road, then it could have also been a way to off someone by making it look like an accident. So the other question is - Did Baldwin have any issues with the photographer that were known about or maybe unknown about, and could or might surface in the coming months or years ??

Did someone say that the woman had a book coming out ??? Follow the trails, and the hypothetical culprit's might just mess up sooner or later.

OR, if you want to travel down this road, then it could have also been a way to off someone by making it look like an accident. So the other question is - Did Baldwin have any issues with the photographer that were known about or maybe unknown about, and could or might surface in the coming months or years ??

Did someone say that the woman had a book coming out ??? Follow the trails, and the hypothetical culprit's might just mess up sooner or later.
More stupid conspiracy theories ^ Jesus :rolleyes-41:
She was one of his besties. Stop!!

Last edited:
It’s possible for more than one person to be at fault.

The armorer is at fault because monitoring firearms on set is pretty much her entire job.

The assistant director is at fault for yelling “cold gun” and handing it to an actor without checking it. Regardless of whether or not the armorer did her job correctly.

Baldwin is at fault for pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger without checking the gun first. Regardless of whether or not the assistant director did his job correctly.

Short of some sort of conspiracy, no one meant to kill anyone. But intent and outcome are rarely the same thing

The armorer is at fault because monitoring firearms on set is pretty much her entire job.

The assistant director is at fault for yelling “cold gun” and handing it to an actor without checking it. Regardless of whether or not the armorer did her job correctly.

Baldwin is at fault for pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger without checking the gun first. Regardless of whether or not the assistant director did his job correctly.

Short of some sort of conspiracy, no one meant to kill anyone. But intent and outcome are rarely the same thing
We have a winner! ^

So what do you call it when you take a gun, point it at someone, and pull the trigger?
Normally that would be intent to shoot someone. In this incident the intent was to fire a prop gun at a camera unless it is proven otherwise. Personally, as I mentioned, Baldwin is ultimately at fault for not checking the firearm before he practiced his quick draw but, a court of law may find something different.

Last edited:
I'm still not completely a hundred percent sure what to think about this story, as I think he should have known better to check the gun before firing it, but I still don't think that he meant to hurt anybody,.. let alone kill them.

I appreciate your good reasoning, and both the urge to hold him accountable, while also acknowledging you do not believe he intended harm to anyone. So, with that in mind here's how this breaks down, many accidental discharges occur, and periodically they result in terrible tragedy, particularly with kids who have no practical experience. Baldwin has his own resume to indict his actions by, he has made many motion pictures where he handles firearms, and it is patently obvious he has had repeated training sessions involving expert instruction on how to handle a firearm.

I can assure you that in such instructions he was repeatedly warned about the rules of safe firearm handling, which would include never flagging another human being with any firearm, and that ultimately, the responsibility for that firearm was passed in totality, to the last person in any chain of handling that weapon, whether under production conditions, his trailer, or wherever! We can conclude he violated them both, and while we can also conclude he likely intended nobody harm, and his actions and handling were lawful right up until he killed that women, he nonetheless killed her!

That is textbook negligent homicide, and it is a very real felony crime, further, his behavior in aftermath, has not served to garner him any sympathy, as he has repeatedly sought to lay responsibility elsewhere, everywhere, except himself!

I had to do some research, and the following facts came to light.
1) Alec Baldwin was practicing a cross draw, where he pulled the gun from a holster on his left side, sweeping the across his line of sight.
2) While practicing this, the gun went off
3) Assistant director Hall handed Baldwin the gun, announcing it as "cold gun"

"A cold gun would be totally unloaded, nothing in it," said Zanoff. "A hot gun would be one loaded with a blank and ready to do gunfire. The guns should not get loaded until the first [assistant director] directs the armorer to load the specific gun.

From this I would say that the armorer was at fault, for providing the assistant director with not just a "hot gun", but one with a live round. Secondly the weapon, a colt peacemaker, is not recommended to "dry fire" the weapon, meaning you can damage the gun by the firing pin / hammer striking metal on metal.

Right or wrong, I imagine the armor would have put "snap caps" into the weapons to allow the actors to practice with them. And would inspection of the weapon have revealed there was a live round instead of a snap cap?

From Amazon:
45 Long Colt Snap Caps Peacemaker .45 LC Winchester Cowboy (6X w/Rubber Inserts) Price: $19.99

81JWzNF-78L._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

Can you tell the difference?

I had to do some research, and the following facts came to light.
1) Alec Baldwin was practicing a cross draw, where he pulled the gun from a holster on his left side, sweeping the across his line of sight.
2) While practicing this, the gun went off
3) Assistant director Hall handed Baldwin the gun, announcing it as "cold gun"

"A cold gun would be totally unloaded, nothing in it," said Zanoff. "A hot gun would be one loaded with a blank and ready to do gunfire. The guns should not get loaded until the first [assistant director] directs the armorer to load the specific gun.

From this I would say that the armorer was at fault, for providing the assistant director with not just a "hot gun", but one with a live round. Secondly the weapon, a colt peacemaker, is not recommended to "dry fire" the weapon, meaning you can damage the gun by the firing pin / hammer striking metal on metal.

Right or wrong, I imagine the armor would have put "snap caps" into the weapons to allow the actors to practice with them. And would inspection of the weapon have revealed there was a live round instead of a snap cap?

From Amazon:
45 Long Colt Snap Caps Peacemaker .45 LC Winchester Cowboy (6X w/Rubber Inserts) Price: $19.99

Can you tell the difference?
Good info.

The base of a dummy round vs live ammo are different and easy to spot when checking a gun, though I’ll admit Baldwin can’t be expected to be an expert.

But “cold gun” means unloaded, like you said. The simplest of checks would’ve shown him that the gun was loaded with *something* and thus not “cold”. If he had checked it before practicing with it, no one would have been killed.

That he was handed a live gun that he was told was unloaded was the fault of the armorer and assistant director. But that doesn’t absolve Baldwin.

I don’t know what, if any, Baldwins legal guilt will be. But I know when I was learning to handle guns the first thing dad taught me was to always check and never point. If someone had handed me a loaded gun and told me it was unloaded, and then I accidentally shot someone, my dad would say it was my fault.

Good info.

The base of a dummy round vs live ammo are different and easy to spot when checking a gun, though I’ll admit Baldwin can’t be expected to be an expert.

But “cold gun” means unloaded, like you said. The simplest of checks would’ve shown him that the gun was loaded with *something* and thus not “cold”. If he had checked it before practicing with it, no one would have been killed.
As I posted, 45 Colt "snap caps" look just like live rounds.

And even a "cold gun" could be loaded with what looked like real bullets.

As I posted, 45 Colt "snap caps" look just like live rounds.

And even a "cold gun" could be loaded with what looked like real bullets.
Doesn’t “cold” mean loaded with nothing at all?

And, yeah hard to tell the difference in that pic, but don’t snap caps look different from real bullets at their base?

Doesn’t “cold” mean loaded with nothing at all?

And, yeah hard to tell the difference in that pic, but don’t snap caps look different from real bullets at their base?
Cold means not loaded with anything that goes "boom", like a real bullet, or a blank.

As I said, you shouldn't dry fire a 45 Colt peacemaker, so an armorer would likely use snap caps to protect the gun. And 45 LC snap caps are often made from modified real brass. So they look like real bullets.

There are other snap caps made from plastic, or aluminum, but many are purposefully made to look real, and movies are all about looking real.

Cold means not loaded with anything that goes "boom", like a real bullet, or a blank.

As I said, you shouldn't dry fire a 45 Colt peacemaker, so an armorer would likely use snap caps to protect the gun. And 45 LC snap caps are often made from modified real brass. So they look like real bullets.

There are other snap caps made from plastic, or aluminum, but many are purposefully made to look real, and movies are all about looking real.
I read that some on the set were target shooting that gun with live rounds when off set.

sued Baldwin, as well as armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, assistant director David Halls, and others for negligence due the tragedy,
---------------------------------

its the armorer's fault.

Brandon Lee, 28, died on March 31, 1993 after being fatally wounded on the set of The Crow by a prop gun.

One scene shows Brandon’s character, Eric Draven, being shot after he witnesses the rape of his fiancée.

Michael Massee’s character “Funboy” shoots Eric with a .44 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver as he enters the room.

A mishandled prop gun was used during the scene and, due to crew negligence, a blank round was fired at Brandon with almost the same force as a live round.

The bullet struck Brandon in the abdomen and he was rushed to the hospital where he was pronounced dead after attempts to save him were unsuccessful.

Regardless, guns with real bullets should be kept in separate rooms, then the person doing the a shooting scene should shoot check the weapon, before aiming aiming it at anyone.

A lot of people have killed themselves or others, when they thought the weapon was empty.

I almost shot my ankle checking a weapon, still have a scar where the bullet grazed it.

More stupid conspiracy theories ^ Jesus :rolleyes-41:
She was one of his besties. Stop!!
What's that got to do with anything ??? Husband's and wives or best friend's are supposed to be besties, yet they go at each other for a myriad of reason's, and the prison's are full of those who thought perp and victim were besties. So it's more like open your investigative mind boy, and think like an investigator covering all the angles always.

He was negligent. Whether a set up or not, HE held the gun. HE fired it at someone. HE was responsible. I hope they sue his pants off. And his wife and STFU about how it is hurting him being made fun of, hounded, etc when he has had 5 years of doing the same to others..politically and just for a damn parking space. Karma bites. He is learning that now.
You see the way he put his dumb wife down on his video.....lololol

Dumb libturd woman go for these absolute losers. Wonder what she'll think when he slaps her around. Didn't Kim B counsel her?

Forum List

Back