Ack! Colonoscopy next tuesday for me.

This stuff is VILE!!!!
I held my nose and sucked down the first glass, then still holding my nose, I rinsed with apple juice then clear water, then spit. Can't taste a thing except this....awful...whatever it is, but I can imagine how horrid it would be if I wasn't holding my nose. Second batch, I tried chicken broth gargle, then water. That seems to work better for cutting the after taste.

This shit is.....horrendous.:eek:

Soon the toilet will be your best friend. :eek:

This stuff is VILE!!!!
I held my nose and sucked down the first glass, then still holding my nose, I rinsed with apple juice then clear water, then spit. Can't taste a thing except this....awful...whatever it is, but I can imagine how horrid it would be if I wasn't holding my nose. Second batch, I tried chicken broth gargle, then water. That seems to work better for cutting the after taste.

This shit is.....horrendous.:eek:

Soon the toilet will be your best friend. :eek:

Gosh...yes. But only for a short time.

Make sure you keep drinking lots of water, Gracie - you will start losing fluids very quickly, and its also a good idea to have someone on hand to help you. When I had my prep, I remember becoming very weak after visiting the bathroom - keep drinking, and make sure you have a friend on stand by if you need assistance.

Last edited:
You shouldn't concern yourself so much with waking up in the middle of the procedure. Such a thing happens so rarely that the odds of it happening to you are almost nil. What you should really concerned about, and I mean REALLY concerned about, is losing muscular control of your bowels after you go home. There are 3 people that I know of that had this procedure and every one of them are afraid to get more than 10 feet from the bathroom.

ClickHandler.ashx

You shouldn't concern yourself so much with waking up in the middle of the procedure. Such a thing happens so rarely that the odds of it happening to you are almost nil. What you should really concerned about, and I mean REALLY concerned about, is losing muscular control of your bowels after you go home. There are 3 people that I know of that had this procedure and every one of them are afraid to get more than 10 feet from the bathroom.

Huh??? Now, explain why that would be the case.

I just give up. I'm beginning to think most people are just wusses. Never had any REAL hardship. Whine and cry over something like this.

I just give up. I'm beginning to think most people are just wusses. Never had any REAL hardship. Whine and cry over something like this.

Man, you are tough as nails! I'll bet you go to the bars and shove all kinds of stuff up your ass to show everyone what a bad(and spacious)ass you are. You probably get a lot of play that way (of what sort I do not wish to speculate...)

Man, you are tough as nails! I'll bet you go to the bars and shove all kinds of stuff up your ass to show everyone what a bad(and spacious)ass you are. You probably get a lot of play that way (of what sort I do not wish to speculate...)

:lol::lol::lol:

You are pathetic.

Here's what I don't like. I don't mind people telling the truth. But some people, a lot of people, tend to dramatize stuff way out of proportion. And colonoscopies and colonoscopy preps are one procedure people really exaggerate.

I don't like that, because then the next person is afraid to get one, and they procrastinate. And procrastinate. And procrastinate. And possibly die of a cancer that could have been easily treated if found early.

That's why I don't like all the drama.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are pathetic.

You were cramming an eggplant up there as you typed that, weren't you? One tough SOB.

Here's what I don't like. I don't mind people telling the truth. But some people, a lot of people, tend to dramatize stuff way out of proportion. And colonoscopies and colonoscopy preps are one procedure people really exaggerate.

I don't like that, because then the next person is afraid to get one, and they procrastinate. And procrastinate. And procrastinate. And possibly die of a cancer that could have been easily treated if found early.

You really think you are scoring some big PSA points here, don't ya?

Talk about drama... :rolleyes:

No, I'm not trying to score any points. Nor am I shoving various objects up my ass. And you know better, you just think you've found a new target for your vitriol. And you think you can upset me. You're not intelligent enough to upset me, all you're doing is amusing me. Although I am starting to get bored with you already.

Ok and alrighty then!!!! Children, BEHAVE.

I am home. I am gassy but otherwise...just fine. Was I asleep? HAYELL NO. They just gave me a bit of demerol. Did it hurt? You but your ass (well, MY ass) it hurt. I was in a semi la la land but it was a concsious one. The rail on the bed is bent now because that is what I was holding on to for dear life. It felt like childbirth, but in my butt area. Cramps you wouldn't believe....then 3 pairs of hands pushing my guts this way and that and more drilling and air pumped and I am ARRRRRGGGGing like crazy and they are all saying "almost done! Hang in there! Almost done!".
The guard rail is now bent towards the center of the table because the demerol made my wrist joints stop hurting enough to bend the fuck out of it as they tortured my colon.
I remember most of it but not all. The cramping is what probably zapped me out of my supposed dream state. It was not fun. I also remember between the "get ready, hon, almost done but have a short way to go yet" that I began to chant Ohm Mah Knee Pawd May Hum over and over and one of the nurses bending over me was whispering to the others "omg. She is speaking in tongues". I still had enough brain cells firing to briefly think about sitting up and pointing at all of them with the Hex Evil Eye sign while chanting, just to see what would happen but I didn't because the doc is from India and he knew what I was saying..and why. I heard him snort in my right ear after the nurse said that.
Next thing I knew...I was told I was all done and hubby was waiting for me. And farting a lot. And leaking a bit.

Never was told what was found, if anything. Nobody said if any polyps were located or removed. Nothing. So..I guess I have to call him in a day or so to ask him what he saw while in there.

Will I ever do this again? NO. Was the prep worse than the procedure....actually, yes.

Wow they should have put you out. Don't know why not.

I got suspicious sitting in the waiting room. I asked if an anesthesiologist was back there and the desk girl said no....that is for when it is done in hospitals. I almost walked out but then decided I went thru the prep crap for nothing, so I'm game. I think. At least that is what I told myself. So they come get me (this is an outpatient clinic) and I am put in my gown, covered with a blanket, blood pressure checekd, IV inserted. I asked if I would be in sleep mode and they said no. I said doc said I would be in lalaland and she said that was between me and him, but she in not authorized for anything other than demerol.

Oh, those youtube vids of Harry Smith and Katie Couric doing theirs?

Hogwash. Crocks 'o'crap. Wanna be knocked out? Gotta have it done in a hospital. No insurance and on government assistment...you get outpatient and no choice for anything else.

No, I'm not trying to score any points. Nor am I shoving various objects up my ass.

I might believe the latter but not the former.

I am home. I am gassy but otherwise...just fine. Was I asleep? HAYELL NO. They just gave me a bit of demerol. Did it hurt? You but your ass (well, MY ass) it hurt. I was in a semi la la land but it was a concsious one. The rail on the bed is bent now because that is what I was holding on to for dear life. It felt like childbirth, but in my butt area. Cramps you wouldn't believe....then 3 pairs of hands pushing my guts this way and that and more drilling and air pumped and I am ARRRRRGGGGing like crazy and they are all saying "almost done! Hang in there! Almost done!".
The guard rail is now bent towards the center of the table because the demerol made my wrist joints stop hurting enough to bend the fuck out of it as they tortured my colon.
I remember most of it but not all. The cramping is what probably zapped me out of my supposed dream state. It was not fun. I also remember between the "get ready, hon, almost done but have a short way to go yet" that I began to chant Ohm Mah Knee Pawd May Hum over and over and one of the nurses bending over me was whispering to the others "omg. She is speaking in tongues". I still had enough brain cells firing to briefly think about sitting up and pointing at all of them with the Hex Evil Eye sign while chanting, just to see what would happen but I didn't because the doc is from India and he knew what I was saying..and why. I heard him snort in my right ear after the nurse said that.
Next thing I knew...I was told I was all done and hubby was waiting for me. And farting a lot. And leaking a bit.

Never was told what was found, if anything. Nobody said if any polyps were located or removed. Nothing. So..I guess I have to call him in a day or so to ask him what he saw while in there.

Will I ever do this again? NO. Was the prep worse than the procedure....actually, yes.

Unbelievable Gracie! Who the hell is your doc, and his staff? You should have went through it PAIN FREE..period. Every colonoscopy I have (twice a year) I get the 'twilight cocktail' and am off to Wonderland for the duration. You are the first I have heard of having a bad experience....is this insurance related, perhaps? Could it be they gave you the 'discount' colonoscopy because your insurance decided you'd do 'fine' without normal sedation?
I am angry for you, Gracie...if I were you, I would look into it and find out why the hell they put you through that!

Wow....that's just not right! I was completely OUT during mine!

Oh, those youtube vids of Harry Smith and Katie Couric doing theirs?

Hogwash. Crocks 'o'crap. Wanna be knocked out? Gotta have it done in a hospital. No insurance and on government assistment...you get outpatient and no choice for anything else.

I have insurance, and mine was an outpatient. I was still put to sleep!

Forum List

Back