53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product

Archaeology Confirms The Bible

Dr James Hoffmeier Confirms the Exodus

The Exodus: Fact or Fiction?

From The Smithsonian Museum
The Smithsonian's Statement on the Bible

“On the other hand, much of the Bible, in particular the historical books of the old testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and are in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian, or Greek histories. These Biblical records can be and are used as are other ancient documents in archeological work. For the most part, historical events described took place and the peoples cited really existed. “

The New Testament Is Reliable as History

Is The New Testament Reliable as History?

Amazon product

https://www.amazon.com/Can-Trust-Go...=Qtzdc&pd_rd_i=1433552957&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/Historical-R...=FXa0u&pd_rd_i=0805464379&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/New-Testamen...=FXa0u&pd_rd_i=0802822193&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

%'s profile photo

%​

It is very good

The bible is THE most INACCURATE book on the planet, besides anything that Nazicrats write!

The MAIN question is.........WHICH bible is the REAL bible??

ALL bibles have been re-written so many BILLIONS of times, nobody knows what the ORIGINAL bible said.

For as long as there have been scribes re-writing the bible, to Kings and Queens re-writing the bible, to corrupt "religious leaders" re-writing the bible, up to modern times where mega-corrupt and greed-mongering religious corporations and organizations re-write the bible for THEIR agendas...........it's all one big LIE, all the way across the board.

First, you would have to find THE ORIGINAL bible. The FIRST document written from Moses' words and Jesus' deciples, etc...

IF you ever happened to find THE ORIGINAL documentation written, you'd see it has absolutely NOTHING in common with what is printed today.

Just because REAL names and places were used in the creation of this huge work of fiction, doesn't mean it's a legitimate governing document for mankind.

Secondly, you would have to PROVE that it is real. Fakers and charlatans have been creating major historical recreations to suit their own needs. There is no way to prove something found from way back then, would even BE the original.

Third, if there WAS a way to prove it was THE original, you'd have to prove everything that happened in the bible actually happened........and actually happened the way it was specified.

Fourth, and even if somehow it was all proven with rock solid proof that it's THE original bible document AND rock solid proof it all happened the way it was originally written..........you'd have all the other perveyors of THEIR version of the bible up in arms, throwing fits, and calling you a fraud. They don't want their easy money to stop rolling in.

After eons of people re-writing and re-writing and re-writing the bible billions if not trillions of times over the centuries........

How do you know the book YOU are reading is the right one?
How do you know the book YOU are reading hasn't been re-written to serve those in power?

One mispelled word, one missing word, one word that changed meaning over the centuries...........can alter any text considerably and make it read as something completely different than what it was supposed to be.

Can you state for a fact, on a stack of bibles, that the one YOU read is THE original.....without being damned to hell for all eternity for lying about it?

ALL bibles have been re-written so many BILLIONS of times, nobody knows what the ORIGINAL bible said.
this is not true,, there was about 9 different versions and when written in different languages the words change a little that changed the meanings slightly,,

what king james did was have all the versions brought in and cross referenced and came up with what is believed to be the true bible,,

at least thats my understanding of what happened,,

this is not true,, there was about 9 different versions and when written in different languages the words change a little that changed the meanings slightly,,

what king james did was have all the versions brought in and cross referenced and came up with what is believed to be the true bible,,

Which means, as I stated, NO WAY TO PROVE IT.

Archaeology Confirms 53 people mentioned in the Bible
53 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Reliability of the Old Testament

Amazon product

Archaeology Confirms The Bible

Dr James Hoffmeier Confirms the Exodus

The Exodus: Fact or Fiction?

From The Smithsonian Museum
The Smithsonian's Statement on the Bible

“On the other hand, much of the Bible, in particular the historical books of the old testament, are as accurate historical documents as any that we have from antiquity and are in fact more accurate than many of the Egyptian, Mesopotamian, or Greek histories. These Biblical records can be and are used as are other ancient documents in archeological work. For the most part, historical events described took place and the peoples cited really existed. “

The New Testament Is Reliable as History

Is The New Testament Reliable as History?

Amazon product

https://www.amazon.com/Can-Trust-Go...=Qtzdc&pd_rd_i=1433552957&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/Historical-R...=FXa0u&pd_rd_i=0805464379&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

https://www.amazon.com/New-Testamen...=FXa0u&pd_rd_i=0802822193&psc=1&tag=ff0d01-20

%'s profile photo's profile photo

%​

It is very good

Thank you.

A book which teaches that a woman got pregnant without having sex and that a man rose from the dead is probably not the first place I would look to find historical accuracy...
Today lesbians get pregnant without having sex with a man and so do animals being bred by their owners. That is no longer a miracle.

A man rising from the dead is highly unusual.

The bible is THE most INACCURATE book on the planet, besides anything that Nazicrats write!

The MAIN question is.........WHICH bible is the REAL bible??

For as long as there have been scribes re-writing the bible, to Kings and Queens re-writing the bible, to corrupt "religious leaders" re-writing the bible, up to modern times where mega-corrupt and greed-mongering religious corporations and organizations re-write the bible for THEIR agendas...........it's all one big LIE, all the way across the board.

First, you would have to find THE ORIGINAL bible. The FIRST document written from Moses' words and Jesus' deciples, etc...

IF you ever happened to find THE ORIGINAL documentation written, you'd see it has absolutely NOTHING in common with what is printed today.

Just because REAL names and places were used in the creation of this huge work of fiction, doesn't mean it's a legitimate governing document for mankind.

Secondly, you would have to PROVE that it is real. Fakers and charlatans have been creating major historical recreations to suit their own needs. There is no way to prove something found from way back then, would even BE the original.

Third, if there WAS a way to prove it was THE original, you'd have to prove everything that happened in the bible actually happened........and actually happened the way it was specified.

Fourth, and even if somehow it was all proven with rock solid proof that it's THE original bible document AND rock solid proof it all happened the way it was originally written..........you'd have all the other perveyors of THEIR version of the bible up in arms, throwing fits, and calling you a fraud. They don't want their easy money to stop rolling in.

After eons of people re-writing and re-writing and re-writing the bible billions if not trillions of times over the centuries........

How do you know the book YOU are reading is the right one?
How do you know the book YOU are reading hasn't been re-written to serve those in power?

One mispelled word, one missing word, one word that changed meaning over the centuries...........can alter any text considerably and make it read as something completely different than what it was supposed to be.

Can you state for a fact, on a stack of bibles, that the one YOU read is THE original.....without being damned to hell for all eternity for lying about it?

This is nonsense from someone who clearly does not want to believe.

For instance: just the nonsense about the "rewriting and rewriting and rewriting" is laughable...

A book which teaches that a woman got pregnant without having sex and that a man rose from the dead is probably not the first place I would look to find historical accuracy...

String theory and parallel universes would really break your brain, huh?

And that's "science"

I said this on another thread, but I'll say it again...

Read the book The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the usual objections and misconceptions people have about the Bible, and it's an excellent book, whether one is a believer or not.

And just to add...there's a reason why the Bible is the most read, studied, quoted, loved / hated and best-selling book of all time. It's no ordinary book and there are plenty of compelling reasons to believe it's true.

Just to name a few: Its amazing unity, (66 books by 40 different authors from different walks of life written over 1500 years, yet it tells one harmonious story) a phenomenal number of fulfilled prophecies (some say nearly 2000 out of 2500, the only ones remaining have to do with the last days) its power to radically change lives, its survival despite attempts by so many to destroy or discredit it over the last 2000 years, historical accuracy, archeological evidence, and there's many more reasons, but I'll leave it at that for now.

Read the book The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel. It addresses all the usual objections and misconceptions people have about the Bible, and it's an excellent book, whether one is a believer or not.

And just to add...there's a reason why the Bible is the most read, studied, quoted, loved / hated and best-selling book of all time. It's no ordinary book and there are plenty of compelling reasons to believe it's true.

Just to name a few: Its amazing unity, (66 books by 40 different authors from different walks of life written over 1500 years, yet it tells one harmonious story) a phenomenal number of fulfilled prophecies (some say nearly 2000 out of 2500, the only ones remaining have to do with the last days) its power to radically change lives, its survival despite attempts by so many to destroy or discredit it over the last 2000 years, historical accuracy, archeological evidence, and there's many more reasons, but I'll leave it at that for now.

So, I know how it comes across when you say the Bible is your favorite book, because I used to feel that way. Like oh yeah, you're so GOOD....what self-righteous drivel.

But the Bible is really like no other Book in existence. For the reasons you state, and because it just has layers and layers and layers. As is often stated (and true)--a child can doggy paddle in it and a scholar can study a single chapter for their entire life.

People do not realize it's a great study in human nature. Here we have characters full courage, steadfastness, and foibles and missteps. The most beautiful poetry. A love song for the ages right in the middle. The end of the world.

It's amazing.

AH! And yes, a second to your recommend of "A Case for Christ". Lee Stroebel was an atheist whose wife converted to Christianity, and he set out to basically disprove it, if memory serves. Instead he was convinced it was most likely true. He was an investigative journalist, if memory serves, with a specialization in court cases.

So, I know how it comes across when you say the Bible is your favorite book, because I used to feel that way. Like oh yeah, you're so GOOD....what self-righteous drivel.

But the Bible is really like no other Book in existence. For the reasons you state, and because it just has layers and layers and layers. As is often stated (and true)--a child can doggy paddle in it and a scholar can study a single chapter for their entire life.

People do not realize it's a great study in human nature. Here we have characters full courage, steadfastness, and foibles and missteps. The most beautiful poetry. A love song for the ages right in the middle. The end of the world.

It's amazing.

I fully agree! There's so much that people don't see at first glance. One of the things that I think is amazing is all the foreshadowing and 'types' throughout the Old Testament that point to Jesus. And of course those were written more than 800 years before Jesus' birth.

And this will probably sound crazy to nonbelievers, but I love how the bible is alive and active... because God speaks to us through His word. So sometimes when you read it, a particular verse will stand out on the page... like its being highlighted, and that particular verse will just speak straight to you, in a way that's hard to describe, but I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

Forum List

Back