According to what I've heard, "Rise of Skywalker" will be worst Star Wars movie ever

Disney apologists are pointing the finger at an overall "Star Wars burnout" for the recent bombs, instead of the crappy writing hiding behind CGI candy.
They have been beating that dead horse for quite a while

Star Wars died years ago.

Right around the time Lucas sold out to the Disney pimps.

Earlier... in received a punch in the gut with Return of the Jedi... not a terrible film, but not the magic of the first two. And then came Phantom Menace... what a horrible movie. Followed by what I consider even worse - Attack of the Clones in it's downright painful and weird love scenes.
Disney has basically sealed the coffin at any chance there will be a good Star Wars movie again.

Earlier... in received a punch in the gut with Return of the Jedi... not a terrible film, but not the magic of the first two. And then came Phantom Menace... what a horrible movie. Followed by what I consider even worse - Attack of the Clones in it's downright painful and weird love scenes.
Disney has basically sealed the coffin at any chance there will be a good Star Wars movie again.

If your problem with the Star Wars movies started with "Return of the Jedi", then probably there isn't much they could do to fix it for you.

It was actually a pretty good film. The Prequels are better than people give them credit for... yes, this guy was awful.

upload_2019-12-24_13-38-22.jpeg

But most of the rest of the films were pretty good.

Force Awakens is when it started to go bad, when they stop doing creative decisions and started running it like a business.

If your problem with the Star Wars movies started with "Return of the Jedi", then probably there isn't much they could do to fix it for you.

It was actually a pretty good film. The Prequels are better than people give them credit for... yes, this guy was awful.

View attachment 296485

Force Awakens is when it started to go bad, when they stop doing creative decisions and started running it like a business.

Perhaps I misrepresented... Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were like Godfather and Godfather II... Return of the Jedi was like Godfather III... a good movie as a stand alone, but not the glory of I and II.
To me, Attack of the Clones was particularly bad. The actor playing Annakin was God awful,,, the kid simply cannot act. No idea why they chose him.
Revenge of the Sith was clearly better, but you still had to get past the bad acting of that kid.

View attachment 296485

Return of the Jedi was OK except for these guys

upload_2019-12-24_15-6-53.png

View attachment 296485

View attachment 296489

Yep... as many Star Wars fans agree... unnecessary fluff that interfered with the story line.
What was good about Lucas was also one of his downfalls. That independent "I want to do what I want to do" is what made Star Wars possible, but problem being that same attitude was carried out with his bad ideas as well.

View attachment 296485

View attachment 296489

Yep... as many Star Wars fans agree... unnecessary fluff that interfered with the story line.
What was good about Lucas was also one of his downfalls. That independent "I want to do what I want to do" is what made Star Wars possible, but problem being that same attitude was carried out with his bad ideas as well.
Adorable teddy bears to sell at Christmas

Perhaps I misrepresented... Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back were like Godfather and Godfather II... Return of the Jedi was like Godfather III... a good movie as a stand alone, but not the glory of I and II.
To me, Attack of the Clones was particularly bad. The actor playing Annakin was God awful,,, the kid simply cannot act. No idea why they chose him.
Revenge of the Sith was clearly better, but you still had to get past the bad acting of that kid.

Godfather III is not a good movie.

Hayden Christiansen is a fine actor.

I didn't have a problem with the Ewoks.... I guess they were too "cutesy" for some people, but that's a different issue. I thought they worked just fine in the plot, where the heroes enlist their help to fight the Empire.

Just finished "watching it"

Movie is definitely not the worst of the series. Kind of a convoluted mess but passes as a starwars movie. Kind of a shit ending but when you've written yourself into a corner theres not a lot you can do to fix it.

And no, I didn't pay. Fuck Hollywood

Movie is definitely not the worst of the series. Kind of a convoluted mess but passes as a starwars movie. Kind of a shit ending but when you've written yourself into a corner theres not a lot you can do to fix it.

Once a thief, always a thief?
Cry more

Once a thief, always a thief?
Cry more

She does raise an interesting point. You essentially enjoyed the hard work of thousands of technicians, actors and professionals... and didn't pay them for it.

I think it shows you haven't outgrown the ethical lapses that got you sent to the big house.

Forum List

Back