According to what I've heard, "Rise of Skywalker" will be worst Star Wars movie ever

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
I will see it anyway, but this movie might be so bad that the Star Wars brand is permanently crippled.

I watch them mainly to see how the story line ends up. While visually impressive I have found the movies to be lacking in believable acting. Even with big names it seems like everyone is just robotically producing their lines without emotion. Hard to give a damn about the characters.
Chewbacca shows the most believable acting ability and emotional range.
I was more impressed with the first movie when I was 12, but now I am in my 50's and not as excited to finally see the story finished. They could have wrapped this up decades ago.

Again, Star Wars ended in 1983. Rogue One attaches well in front of the first. To me, that is Star Wars.

The prequels were terrible, and the sequels essentially rewrites of the originals, so far.

Hmmm ... Beastmaster comes to mind.

Rey is the offspring of Palpatine and a bantha ...

I am a proponent of the First Amendment, but I would support a new amendment to the United States Constitution that would outlaw Disney from making any more Star Wars movies.

There's some serious suckery for them to go through to be the worst ever.

Fire Maidens of Outer Space was more watchable than the prequels 1 thru 3.

So I just want to let you know..... I *HATE IT* when you do that. I had to look up clips of Fire Maidens of Outer Space..... you are bad man. Just saying.... bad man.

There's some serious suckery for them to go through to be the worst ever.

Fire Maidens of Outer Space was more watchable than the prequels 1 thru 3.

Particularly this version ...

maxresdefault.jpg

I watch them mainly to see how the story line ends up. While visually impressive I have found the movies to be lacking in believable acting. Even with big names it seems like everyone is just robotically producing their lines without emotion. Hard to give a damn about the characters.
Chewbacca shows the most believable acting ability and emotional range.
I was more impressed with the first movie when I was 12, but now I am in my 50's and not as excited to finally see the story finished. They could have wrapped this up decades ago.
I hate to agree.

Mediocre actors are always called for movies full of special effects. Without those manipulated images surrounding those actors, the viewer can find out their acting really sucks.

One day a beggar in the street had his leg twisted so bad that people felt sorry for him and he had his plastic cup always with good bills inside. I also contributed, of course.

One day I saw him going home, and his leg problem was fake, he was walking normally. I laughed, because without wanting it, I paid to see the best acting around.

I still seeing him from time to time in the streets, he doesn't know I'm one of his best admirers, he tricked me, he was good.

I'm seeing Star Wars tonight at nine. My son bought me a ticket and invited me to go with his friends. How can I refuse?

Let's cut to the chase...

JJ Abrams is easily the most overrated film maker in cinematic history.....All CGI, lens flare, wokey-woke PC sub-plot silliness, more glaring plot holes than you can shake a stick at, and zero effort at developing cohesive plots.

He turned the Star Trek franchise into a flaming bag of dog poo, and he's doing it to Star Wars with the biggest budget anyone has ever had.

Well, it was as I predicted, the worst Star Wars movie ever.

My only hope now is that this movie will be so unpopular it will slow down the Star Wars juggernaut, maybe we will finally get a break from Star Wars for awhile.

Disney apologists are pointing the finger at an overall "Star Wars burnout" for the recent bombs, instead of the crappy writing hiding behind CGI candy.

Forum List

Back