About Romney

He's an evil theocrat who has shown that at the first opportunity he will hand the keys to the White House over to people in Salt Lake City.

... oh wait ... no ... he hasn't shown any signs of that .....

Yep. Just like that evil Catholic - John Kennedy - he handed America over to Rome! It was outrageous....

oh wait.

He didn't do that either.

Oh well.

I don't have any major issues with Romney - even the health care thing... because it was a state initiative, not a federal one.
good point. One that I'm sure will be lost on his opposition.

If Romney is smart - and he really is quite smart - that's how he'll sell it. Not rocket science.

Evangelicals are, in the main, hysterical hypocrites. The GOP can afford to lose them - because independents carry elections, not whining hypocrites.

You know what, snookums, everyone's a hypocrite. Get over it. Dangle someone over a volcano, you meet the real man.

If the GOP loses Evangelicals, they go the way of the Whigs. They are probably going the way of the Whigs anyway, having alienated people of color as thoroughly as they have. ("Hey, I've got a neat idea! Let's nominate a guy who belongs to a cult which thinks dark skin is a curse from God!" "Brilliant!" ) The Evangelicals have supported the GOP to the hilt and they've gotten very little for their troubles. Abortion is still legal, gay marriage is gaining, evolution is still being taught in the schools while prayer is banned. So let's slap them in the face by electing a cultist they hate.

what wins elections is enthusiasm. When I've been enthused with a candidate (Reagan, Bush-43) he wins. When I've been less than enthused, (Dole, McCain) he loses. Why? Because when I'm not enthused, I don't get out and campaign, I don't talk my indifferent friends into voting, I don't send money.

Romney is the first guy who will negatively encourage me against the GOP. And a lot of other people as well.

If Romney's the Nominee, I'll vote for Obama. I dislike the Mormon Cult that much. So does about 22% of the rest of the population. A lot more will discover they dislike Mormons when the Mainstream Media starts educating us about their whacky beliefs and crazy history.

Wasn't there an article somewhere that stated the Dems feel Romney has the best shot at beating Barry boy?

Wasn't there an article somewhere that stated the Dems feel Romney has the best shot at beating Barry boy?

Yeah, it was right after they said, "Don't throw me in the briar patch, B'rer Fox!"

(Nobody gets that joke. Ah, we are becoming illiterate as a society.)

i get the joke....dont assume we are illiterate.....or that i am....

people need to understand what it take to win the election.....votes in the electoral college...nc is considered a progressive southern state.....we got shoes....and one of the best state educational systems around....i still dont think nc will vote for a mormon

Yeah, it was right after they said, "Don't throw me in the briar patch, B'rer Fox!"

people need to understand what it take to win the election.....votes in the electoral college...nc is considered a progressive southern state.....we got shoes....and one of the best state educational systems around....i still dont think nc will vote for a mormon
then we're fucked.

i have said for years that the gop will manage to fuck this up and hand it to the democrats....now will the dems stick with obama....of course we will....as much as i hate to say it

I don't assume you are. I often enjoy your input.

And I agree, NC, Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, these are all states the GOP will probably lose because of Romney's religion.

I don't assume you are. I often enjoy your input.

And I agree, NC, Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, these are all states the GOP will probably lose because of Romney's religion.

then we're fucked.

now can a conservative mormon carry the south?

I think he'd lose Missouri, which McCain barely won. Folks in Missouri still remember Joseph Smith's whacky antics in the 1930 that got the govenor to sign an extermination order. (I know my mom did.)

I think he'd lose Arkansas, where they still love Mike Huckabee.

Anyone who 'loves' Huckabee is an idiot.

They had the same scare stories about Kennedy. Didn't work then, won't work now.

Other than Romneycare, what are his biggest hurdles with conservatives?

Only one for me is that it seems as if he is the establishments "chosen one". I dont like that at all. None of the candidates have really answered any questions, they have only pointed out where things are being done wrong. I feel Romney is being force fed to us, but that's just me, and that's the only gripe I have.

Other than Romneycare, what are his biggest hurdles with conservatives?
His flip flopping could be an issue....he sways like the best palm tree in a hurricane...for abortion rights, against abortion rights etc....

He is who you want him to be............... for the moment.

Forum List

Back