Abortions Increase in Virginia Since Roe Overturned

Bristol.jpg

RICHMOND, Va. – The twin Bristol cities share a name and a state line, but abortion accessibility changes just over a 1-mile span.

Abortion is illegal in Bristol, Tennessee, but down the road in Virginia, a clinic provides abortions. The Bristol Women’s Health Clinic relocated to Virginia after the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn an almost 50-year decision that protected a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.

The number of abortions administered in Virginia has increased since Roe v. Wade was overturned in June 2022, according to analysis of data from the state health department and the Society of Family Planning.

Looks like 15K to a bit under 35K.....Getting shed of 20K "bundles of societal burden" through the utility of abortion is no vice as far as I am concerned. TN should be more grateful.

It also points clearly to what a loser the issue abortion is for the gop.
Well of course. Now that the state is in its proper position as granter or denier the process will find its own balance based on the local impetus or lack thereof. Should have been done years ago.

Bristol.jpg

RICHMOND, Va. – The twin Bristol cities share a name and a state line, but abortion accessibility changes just over a 1-mile span.

Abortion is illegal in Bristol, Tennessee, but down the road in Virginia, a clinic provides abortions. The Bristol Women’s Health Clinic relocated to Virginia after the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to overturn an almost 50-year decision that protected a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion.

The number of abortions administered in Virginia has increased since Roe v. Wade was overturned in June 2022, according to analysis of data from the state health department and the Society of Family Planning.

Looks like 15K to a bit under 35K.....Getting shed of 20K "bundles of societal burden" through the utility of abortion is no vice as far as I am concerned. TN should be more grateful.

It also points clearly to what a loser the issue abortion is for the gop.
Why anyone would be against abortion is beyond me, it is a woman's body and her right. The fetus is not a living being yet, your not killing anyone.

I support the utility of abortion, I could care less about a woman's right.....More abortions, less little bundles of burdens on society......Less dems too.
Fewer unwanted children is not a bad thing.

I would be just as happy if another abortion never happened.

But I'm not so fucking arrogant to think I can replace my judgment for a woman and her doctor. (And I can be pretty fucking arrogant.)
So many unnecessary words just to hide the fact that libs want to kill viable babies in the womb

Forum List

Back