Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

They don't know they have those disorders when they're zygotes and embryos, baby killer.

I found some pictures of severely deform infants being kept alive on life support. Babies with their brains and spinal cords exposed.

If their on life support and can't live without it......there is legal and ethical protocol to deal with the cessation of life support.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill. I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time". Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

It's not a question of "we". It's a private issue between a woman and her conscience.

I know they can't determine whether or not a baby has down's until the fifth month.

That isn't zygote or an embryo. That's a baby.

You are incorrect.

Down Syndrome can be identified in first trimester.

You may have heard of the Mayo Clinic.

Screening tests during pregnancy

Various screening tests can help identify whether you have a high risk of carrying a baby with Down syndrome. In the past, blood tests typically have been offered around the 16th week of pregnancy to screen for Down syndrome, spina bifida and various other chromosomal disorders.

Currently, more women are electing the first trimester combined test, done in two steps during week 11 to 13 of pregnancy. The first trimester combined test includes:

Ultrasound. The doctor uses ultrasound to measure a specific region on the back of a baby's neck. This is known as a nuchal translucency screening test. When abnormalities are present, more fluid than usual tends to collect in this tissue.
Blood tests. Results of the ultrasound are paired with blood tests that measure levels of pregnancy-associated plasma protein-A (PAPP-A) and a hormone known as human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). Abnormal levels of PAPP-A and HCG may indicate a problem with the baby.

If early assessment isn't your first priority, you can have full integrated testing, which is done in two parts during the first two trimesters of your pregnancy. The results of the two parts are combined to estimate the risk that your baby has Down syndrome. This test can achieve the same level of detection as the first trimester combined test but with a lower false-positive rate, meaning that fewer women are incorrectly identified as carrying a baby with Down syndrome.

And 4 months is not a viable fetus.

Hazel thinks we should kill babies he doesn't want to look at.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Where did I say that?

I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die.

I am against you determining for me what is quality of life.

With all the talk about abortion exceptions (rape, incest, health of mother) why does no one talk about the health / quality of life of the baby?

What about these exceptions:

Deformity.

Severe Deformity.

Retardation.

Severe retardation.

Down Syndrome.

Malformed Heart.

Malformed Spinal Chord.

When parents who only want to have a healthy baby find out their baby-to-be will have serious and often painful health issues (may even die soon after being born), why aren't we discussion why the GOPs think they have any business in that conversation.

Hearts can be fixed. There is so many things that can help deformed spines . I guess you want every child that is not 100 percent perfect to be aborted. Same like Hitler wanted a master race.. HUH....
No....Hitler's "angle" (that got him so much support) was economic....just like present-day "conservatives" .

Much like present-day Republicans, he blamed their crappy-economy on "those people"....and, had NO problem "sacrificing" them (like Republicans are attempting with health-care costs), for the "greater good".

MUCH like Hitler was selling...."conservatives" are convinced some people have....

If early assessment isn't your first priority, you can have full integrated testing, which is done in two parts during the first two trimesters of your pregnancy. The results of the two parts are combined to estimate the risk that your baby has Down syndrome. This test can achieve the same level of detection as the first trimester combined test but with a lower false-positive rate, meaning that fewer women are incorrectly identified as carrying a baby with Down syndrome.

If your going to kill your offspring start early.....the false-positives you kill are just byproducts.

They don't know they have those disorders when they're zygotes and embryos, baby killer.

I've already proven this false. So, fail....

I support allowing parents to decide what they want to do when faced with this very sad and difficult decision.

You, apparently would rather have a 3 month old infant die a painful death then see a pregnancy terminated at 12 weeks.

Would you like to see some photos of babies dying on life support? Maybe that would put things in perspective for you.

Hazel thinks we should kill babies he doesn't want to look at.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Where did I say that?

I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die.

I am against you determining for me what is quality of life.

You aren't determining quality of life for you, you're determining it for someone else. And I'm against that.

You have no problem causing live babies in the womb to suffer as they're cut apart....you do realize these deformities you speak of don't appear until the babies are far, far along in their development..right?

Of course you do. You'd be okay with bashing their brains out up to a year if you thought it would alleviate the suffering you go through by looking at them.

I found some pictures of severely deform infants being kept alive on life support. Babies with their brains and spinal cords exposed.

If their on life support and can't live without it......there is legal and ethical protocol to deal with the cessation of life support.

And there is a legal and ethical protocol to deal with termination of a pregnancy...

Why do you want to fuck with that?

And there is a legal and ethical protocol to deal with termination of a pregnancy...

I don't. Either does Mitt Romney in the extreme cases you put forth as the norm.

By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill.

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

That's called compassion.

I'm sure that will lead to: "but I really wanted a girl this time".

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Do you like to cause babies pain and then let them die?

And who are you to decide for me what is quality of life.

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

Don't worry, you won't decide what 'quality of life' is once Obamacare goes into effect, the government will. You won't be making the health decisions in your old age as to what kind of treatment you get either, the government will. And comparing end of life palative care to a new baby, who is at the beginning of life, and trying to say it's 'compassion' isn't working for you.

I don't. Either does Mitt Romney in the extreme cases you put forth as the norm.

But he never mentioned an exception for quality of life and health issues...

Can you show me where he specifically said he would not sign any legislation restricting abortions?

But "you" will decide for the parents who choose to give their children a chance.

Where did I say that?

"I am against causing babies (live babies) to suffer pain for months and then die."
- Hazlnut

Yes, I feel that it is wrong to knowingly cause suffering.

Where did I say that I get to 'decide'?

Please post a quote with me saying I get do decide for other parents on this issue...

You want to decide for me, right?

Can you show me where he specifically said he would not sign any legislation restricting abortions?

Romney promises no abortion legislation - Yahoo! Finance

FAIL.

Still unclear is what Romney would do if a Republican-controlled Congress passed abortion legislation and presented it to him to sign into law.

Where does he mention that he thinks parents who face sever health issues, down syndrome, retardation should be left alone to make a private decision.

I can't find him saying that....

Forum List

Back