Abortion: Quality of Life of the baby

Obama can also say "I support abortion for severe deformity"

Abigail-Hensel-Brittany-Hensel-2-headed-girl.jpg

Last edited:
"I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest, and the health and life of the mother."

- Mitt Romeny

And what does he say about severe deformity, down syndrome, or other health issues related to quality of life?

Please make an effort to answer my question.

Maybe Obama should run a campaign ad - "I'm for abortion being legal in the case of the baby having Down's Syndrome."

I'm sure your side will do quite well with that campaign platform.

I'm for parents being able to decide for themselves.

And you 'pro-lifers' say down syndrome as if there's only one type--one size fits all. They're not all high-functioning. And there are many other serious health issues that come with down syndrome.

Do you know what a brain looks like on the outside of a skull?

Yes.

I also know there are few if any parents causing a child to live on life support with an exposed brain.

But if it bolsters your attempt to play on emotions it wont stop you.

And you 'pro-lifers' say down syndrome as if there's only one type--one size fits all. They're not all high-functioning. And there are many other serious health issues that come with down syndrome.

You dont know their functional ability until they are born.

Kill em just in case.

Do you know what a brain looks like on the outside of a skull?

Yes.

I also know there are few if any parents causing a child to live on life support with an exposed brain.

You know those parents?

So you believe being kept alive on life support is 'living'?

For you, Quality of life is not an issue--all babies no matter what the issue should be carried to term and no parent should be able to terminate a pregnancy because of serious health and quality of life issues?

Is that what you believe?

You dont know their functional ability until they are born.

Kill em just in case.

Where did I say that?

I said stay out of the OBGYN office and let the parents decide.

For you, Quality of life is not an issue--all babies no matter what the issue should be carried to term and no parent should be able to terminate a pregnancy because of serious health and quality of life issues?

No I believe in abortion for rape, incest and health of the mother. Like Romney.

You can't make determinations on viability until birth ....then other ethical protocol come into play..

Last edited:
By all means... Let's get selective about who we kill.

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

That's called compassion.

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

Seems to me that if you can detect the abnormalities you have listed... The argument that it isn't a child yet ship has already sailed. You baby killers are a really sick bunch.

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Do you like to cause babies pain and then let them die?

And who are you to decide for me what is quality of life.

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

Don't worry, you won't decide what 'quality of life' is once Obamacare goes into effect, the government will. You won't be making the health decisions in your old age as to what kind of treatment you get either, the government will. And comparing end of life palative care to a new baby, who is at the beginning of life, and trying to say it's 'compassion' isn't working for you.

two years into Obama care. When do these "descisions" start being made?

After a bit of research, the difference between Romneycare and Obamacare, is that Romneycare uses taxpayer money for abortions of choice.

No I believe in abortion for rape, incest and health of the mother. Like Romney.

You can't make determinations on viability until birth ....then other ethical protocol come into play..

You can identify severe deformities in the first trimester.

It is the parents decision. But you think it is wrong if they choose life and have all these why.. why ...whys.

Sure reads like "you" know whats right for them.

You're on strawman overload. You keep twisting my words and misstating my argument.

I think it's wrong to knowingly cause pain and suffering.

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I've said that over and over in this thread....

Yet women who abort their babies by literally tearing them limb from limb in the womb are doing just that. Doesn't seem to bother you then.

I think it's wrong to knowingly cause pain and suffering.

I think it's wrong to decide what quality of life means for you. And vice-versa.

I think your premise that there is this significant body of parents who should have aborted preemptively but opted to go on w/ birth to allow their baby to suffer in pain with no cure is skewed.

The premise of thread is that quality of life is a private conversation. A sad and difficult conversation.

Why don't compassionate conservatives mention this as an exception?

Okay, so it's all about 'quality of life' and it's a 'private discussion'. I guess you're limiting that to just the womb then? What happens whenever someone's 6 year old daughter has a tragic accident and is severely mentally retarded or dealing with issues of living in pain. Is it also a 'private discussion' then for the family to discuss and decide on death?

We terminate life support every day. We remove feeding tubes and turn off life support in a compassionate manner. WHEN THE FAMILY DECIDES!!

Elderly patients are given morphine when they get pneumonia. (morphine helps them die w/o pain) Doctors call pneumonia the old persons friend.

That's called compassion.

The slippery slope does not apply as I was very specific. Don't straw man me, okay?

How do you jump from Zygote/embryo to baby? A non-viable fetus can not live outside the womb. A non-viable fetus w/o a spinal chord will a die a painful death durning delivery. Why would you not terminate that pregnancy?

Do you like to cause babies pain and then let them die?

And who are you to decide for me what is quality of life.

Don't you people realize you lose the fight as soon as you go to the 'baby killer' extreme?

Don't worry, you won't decide what 'quality of life' is once Obamacare goes into effect, the government will. You won't be making the health decisions in your old age as to what kind of treatment you get either, the government will. And comparing end of life palative care to a new baby, who is at the beginning of life, and trying to say it's 'compassion' isn't working for you.

two years into Obama care. When do these "descisions" start being made?

No, Obamacare has not yet started in full context, only in very limited context.

You can identify severe deformities in the first trimester.

Again, you're LYING.

Presumably you're so committed to killing babies and promoting abortion you're A-OK with perpetuating a women's health care myth.

You want them to get pregnant, so you sooth their fears...and you want them to get an abortion, so you lie about when birth defects can be detected.

Here's more proof that you're a lying sack of shit when you say severe birth defects can be detected 1st trimester:

"These screening tests help your doctor find out the chance that your baby has certain birth defects, such as Down syndrome or trisomy 18. These tests can't show for sure that your baby has a birth defect."

BTW, this stuff is not debatable. It's fact.

"
The first-trimester screening combines the results of two tests.

• Nuchal translucency test. This test uses ultrasound to measure the thickness of the area at the back of the baby's neck. An increase in the thickness can be an early sign of Down syndrome. The test is not available everywhere, because a doctor must have special training to do it.
  • First-trimester blood tests. These tests measure the amounts of two substances in your blood: beta human chorionic gonadotropin (beta-hCG) and pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A). Beta-hCG is a hormone made by the placenta. High levels may be related to certain birth defects. PAPP-A is a protein in the blood. Low levels may be related to certain birth defects. "
http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/first-trimester-screening-for-birth-defects-topic-overview

Last edited:

Forum List

Back