Abortion "misinformation" to be censored now

The courts need to review how communication has changed. Social media now is how society converses.

To censor it in such a partisan way destroys such communication politically.

So again, you want the government to control the internet? I do not.

The courts need to review how communication has changed. Social media now is how society converses.

To censor it in such a partisan way destroys such communication politically.
The more they censor, the more transparent is their complete lack of credibility.

The term "misinformation" is key here. The anti-choice folks have circulated a lot of material that has misrepresented such things as the stages of the gestation process, the alleged association of abortion with certain diseases, such as breast cancer, the alleged effect on fertility, the alleged association with mental health issues, the gestational age at which a fetus might feel pain, etc., all of which have been refuted by competent medical professionals, such as the AMA, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and the American Psychological Association. and none of which have been established. Some states have even issued official materials that warn of grave effects of abortion without mentioning the effects of pregnancy and demand that doctors read a particular script to their patients that is full of misinformation and unsubstantiated assertions. All of this has been designed to propagandize people, who are in emotional difficulty in the first place, by deliberately lying to them and scaring them.

Free speech is a separate issue. Anyone may say anything about abortion or any other issue, but there is nothing wrong with the governor asking a private company to confront lying. Contrast this to government officials trying to use their official powers to prevent people from merely discussing a particular topic, like abortion, in flagrant violation of free-speech rights. trump and Dubya both hired their minions to positions at HHS who were guilty of this, without regard to the fact that their regulations were not viewpoint neutral.

To note, because one person wants something does not mean it is happening like your title suggests.
When that person is democrat governor of New York and the FaceBook founder is a lib lackey it bears watching

When that person is democrat governor of New York and the FaceBook founder is a lib lackey it bears watching

Condemn them if they enact restrictions you don't like. The answer though is not giving the government control of the internet.

Hey, lefties….lets start a list of all the women who want an abortion, but were FORCED to carry the baby to term by local government.

LIST THEM:

1)

The 4 largest sites on the internet

only communist china has more government control over information than lib-democrats in America

They only have control if you allow it. I've even done checks. I search on Google and then Duck Duck go and get largely the same results. I don't Twitter. I delete political posts on Facebook and I see far more posts from the right than the left on there.

Ignore my argument.........I understand.
I did not ignore you argument

the giants of the internent ignore to handful of people like yourself and instead concentrate on restricting information to the majority

I did not ignore you argument

the giants of the internent ignore to handful of people like yourself and instead concentrate on restricting information to the majority

I wish it was people like "myself". I'd be preparing my space craft.

Forum List

Back