Abortion Follies: Texas

Oh come on, you're not that ignorant of what's going on. And spare me the tired retreat to "the Federalist Papers", because they are NOT the final document which is the Constitution and it's Amendments.

Again, folk like you who bitched and moaned about Obamacare forcing you to do things are suddenly okay with forcing women to do things of the utmost personal nature. You're a hypocrit of the highest order.

Here's an explanation from a conservative source that puts to bed anymore blather from you:

I bitched and moaned? The state legislature, which is elected by its voters decided this and the SCOTUS upheld it. Roe VS Wade also passed 5-4. Why are you saying that Texans cannot decide what is best for TX? We are the United States. We are a Republic. You’re not addressing my points, you’re making other weird points. MA had an insurance mandate long before Obamacare.

Your first sentence is either an example of your below high school G.E.D. reading comprehension skills or a piss poor attempt to (again) dodge the content of the OP Clearly, you're just an intellectually impotent right wing troll wasting time and space. No more. I'll check on you in a month to see if you've improved.
Yet you are the idiot who doesn't comprehend the difference between a heartbeat and a ban. Your astounding lack of intellect borders on the absurd. Whine away loser.

From what I understand, victims of rape or incest don't wait until the life inside them develops a heartbeat to terminate the pregnancy but they are exempt from the law anyway. Where does that leave the argument by the left?
The law does not exempt victims of rape and incest. Only medical emergencies.

Sorry to inform you, but ONE incident is NOT cause for a general mandate for the entire state or country. Here's a primer for you....I suggest you do MORE honest research: Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women - PubMed

Your last paragraph is beyond belief. WTF is your mindset in categorizing a woman victimized by rape who drinks herself to death as "extreme revenge"? Ever here of "dispair"? "depresssion?" Bi-racial kids sometimes have a hard go of it in society....add to that the stigma of being a child born of rape and you increase the chances of negative adjustments. This poor soul you mentioned committed suicide.

Other folk fair better, but for YOU to endorse a policy that FORCES such a possible scenario is a purely selfish act to satisfy your personal ideology. Unreal.
The woman who ended up dying an alcoholic gave birth to her child with the sole purpose of exacting the revenge against the child that she could not get against the rapist that was never caught. That is extreme revenge. She refused to have an abortion and refused to adopt the child because she would not be deprived of her revenge.

Did you know that when child protective services is called they look to see if the child is clean, appropriately dressed, well fed, has toys and no evidence of physical abuse. The poor girl had a lifetime of being told she was despised. At 17, she hanged herself in the closet. Terrible, tragic story. Perhaps the mother should have gotten an abortion. She could have.

On the other hand, I had a secretary happy as a clam using abortion as birth control. She had two or three a year. She would have an abortion on her lunch hour and come back to work. Her doctor explained she had too many. One more and she would never have children. Two months later she was pregnant again. Had a baby girl. Her only child. Never needed another abortion either.

You never ever know what's going to happen.

Now answer just one. Amanda Berry was kidnapped at 16. Held as a prisoner and forced to give birth to a daughter, Jocelyn. Amanda was forced to raise the girl, a product of rape. Now that they were rescued, should Jocelyn get a post birth abortion. No question she would have been aborted had there been an earlier rescue.

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

From your link: According to the Program for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies (PIAAC) Texas has a literacy rate of 28% at or below Level 1.

Holy smokes!

Five levels of literacy are defined:

• Level 1 indicates persons with very poor skills, where the individual may, for example, be unable to determine the correct amount of medicine to give a child from information printed on the package.
  • Level 2 respondents can deal only with material that is simple, clearly laid out, and in which the tasks involved are not too complex. It denotes a weak level of skills, but more hidden than Level 1. It identifies people who can read, but test poorly. They may have developed coping skills to manage everyday literacy demands, but their low level of proficiency makes it difficult for them to face novel demands, such as learning new job skills.
  • Level 3 is considered a suitable minimum for coping with the demands of everyday life and work in a complex, advanced society. It denotes roughly the skill level required for successful secondary school completion and college entry. Like higher levels, it requires the ability to integrate several sources of information and solve more complex problems.
  • Level 4 and level 5 describe respondents who demonstrate command of higher-order information processing skills.

From the pro-choice Guttmacher Institute:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

abortion-reasons.jpg
I did a little digging....your source gave a raw number of 14000. And yet here is a much larger number just from 1996 Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women - PubMed

So that 1% number is debatable. AND YET, THE QUESTION REMAINS; WHAT DO THOSE STATS DO FOR THE VICTIMS THAT WOULD BE FORCED TO BRING THOSE CHILDREN BORN OF RAPE TO TERM?

I did a little digging....your source gave a raw number of 14000. And yet here is a much larger number just from 1996 Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women - PubMed

So that 1% number is debatable. AND YET, THE QUESTION REMAINS; WHAT DO THOSE STATS DO FOR THE VICTIMS THAT WOULD BE FORCED TO BRING THOSE CHILDREN BORN OF RAPE TO TERM?
Your link in no way invalidates what I provided. Your link does not say what percent of abortions are from rape or incest. It only says what percentage of rapes result in pregnancy.

Big difference.

AND YET, THE QUESTION REMAINS; WHAT DO THOSE STATS DO FOR THE VICTIMS THAT WOULD BE FORCED TO BRING THOSE CHILDREN BORN OF RAPE TO TERM?
I am pro-life, and I think the Texas law is a little harsh. Particularly for not making exceptions for rape and incest.

However, rape and incest make up only about 1 percent of all abortions. I am weary of pro-abortion people using these victims of the most heinous of crimes as human shields to protect the 99 percent of abortions which are convenience abortions. That is an incredibly sick tactic.

As for abortions due to rape, this can and is mitigated by the availability of the "morning after pill" which can be administered immediately following the rape.

I believe abortions would be greatly reduced if people would just use birth control. About 47 percent of all abortions are the result of NO birth control being used, and another 19 percent are the result of the improper use of birth control. This is flat out ridiculous considering the wide availability and low cost of birth control. Low income people can get birth control for free.

It is incredibly irresponsible to have sex without using birth control if you don't want to get pregnant. The onus of an unwanted pregnancy is entirely on the woman. There simply is no excuse, so I don't have much pity if they failed to use birth control, get pregnant, and demand an abortion.

I knew abortion was wrong when I was 12-years-old and first saw a photograph of an aborted baby torn to pieces.

I've never understood people who don't get it.

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

Yes, Texas is like many of the other states.
Texas has a large population of low class illiterate Democrats that cause 95% of their problems.
These are the backwards uneducated cretins who voted for Biden and Beta O'Rourke.
A person can always tell when they are in Democrat area of Texas by the the illiterate graffiti, abandoned businesses, abandoned homes, cars on blocks, trash blowing around, crime scene tape, and the sounds of loud music, gunfire, people screaming and police sirens.

I have no idea why y'all are so mad at Texas...

... Missouri did it first...

"Missouri becomes first state in US to no longer perform abortions

By Bethany Blankle, The Center Square

January 18, 2021 - 12:30 PM

Missouri has become the first state in the U.S. where abortions are no longer performed.

If the Blue states were smart, they would follow the Texasshole blueprint to ban guns, 2nd amendment be damned! A $25,000 bounty plus legal costs to turn in anyone with a unregistered gun.
I wonder how fast the Extreme Court would grant an injunction.
theres that pesky 2nd A that says they cant,,,

The woman who ended up dying an alcoholic gave birth to her child with the sole purpose of exacting the revenge against the child that she could not get against the rapist that was never caught. That is extreme revenge. She refused to have an abortion and refused to adopt the child because she would not be deprived of her revenge.

Did you know that when child protective services is called they look to see if the child is clean, appropriately dressed, well fed, has toys and no evidence of physical abuse. The poor girl had a lifetime of being told she was despised. At 17, she hanged herself in the closet. Terrible, tragic story. Perhaps the mother should have gotten an abortion. She could have.

On the other hand, I had a secretary happy as a clam using abortion as birth control. She had two or three a year. She would have an abortion on her lunch hour and come back to work. Her doctor explained she had too many. One more and she would never have children. Two months later she was pregnant again. Had a baby girl. Her only child. Never needed another abortion either.

You never ever know what's going to happen.

Now answer just one. Amanda Berry was kidnapped at 16. Held as a prisoner and forced to give birth to a daughter, Jocelyn. Amanda was forced to raise the girl, a product of rape. Now that they were rescued, should Jocelyn get a post birth abortion. No question she would have been aborted had there been an earlier rescue.
Your tale just grows by leaps and bounds when logically challenged

Initially you allude to favoring the new Texas law, although no provisions are given as to adopting, caring and educating such children by the state or others. then you spin this tale that a raped woman gave birth instead of abortion so to exact revenge on the kid. Then you top it off with "perhaps" she should have gotten an abortion.

Well, by your own personal example, this is why the new Texas law is DEAD WRONG......it would create more people just like the one you described here.

But to cover your self contradiction, you spin a standard mantra about a woman who opted for multiple abortions instead of using contracetpion until she couldn't....and is happy with a child. No details as to if there is a father, is she on social services to support the kids, etc., etc.

Dubious tales at best, especially in light of your final paragraph of pure suppostion and conjecture.

And when all is said and done, you STILL cannot produce conclusive stats to back your claims. As I told you before, your limited personal experiences does NOT justify a blanket law that effects thousands, if not millions in a negative way. Carry on.

Another act by the American Taliban in the middle of the night in whats called a shadow docket

There is no bigger coward on the planet than a conservative Republican
The Taliban are part of the Democrat Cult's coalition of hate.

The Texas law does have a exception for the victims of rape like Bill Clinton and Harvey Weinstein's victims.
And it also has a provision for incesters like Ilhan Omar.

Forum List

Back