Abortion Follies: Texas

So an elected legislature decided something that unelected people put into Law in 1973 and you have an issue with this? Why?
First. I assume you are referring to Roe vs. Wade....a law ENACTED VIA THE GUIDELINES SET WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION. It has been challenged numerous times, yet even the CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY OF THE SCOTUS HAS UPHELD IT. So your question is somewhat silly, as the Texas local gov't move violates that law

Second. Why are avoiding the implications of the information in the OP?

Where in the hell do you get this crap from? Who ran the survey? Put up or shut up.
Amanda Berry and Jaycee Dugard were both tortured and kept in bondage for years. Dugard had more than one child. Berry had a daughter. Both women expressed a great deal of love for their children and wanted to keep them. To me, those women should have been freed of the children imposed on them by force. The children would have or at least should have been aborted. Since they are already born what sentence should they get? Is a belated abortion all that wrong?

To be fair, I did know a woman that was violently raped and elected to keep her biracial child. It ended up an extreme tragedy. The daughter hanged herself at 17 and mother quietly drank herself to death at 50. She likely should have chosen abortion. Instead she chose extreme revenge.

You just never know what result from force.

First. I assume you are referring to Roe vs. Wade....a law ENACTED VIA THE GUIDELINES SET WITHIN THE CONSTITUTION. It has been challenged numerous times, yet even the CONSERVATIVE MAJORITY OF THE SCOTUS HAS UPHELD IT. So your question is somewhat silly, as the Texas local gov't move violates that law

Second. Why are avoiding the implications of the information in the OP?
How does it violate a law when it’s own legislature passed it? Ever read the Federalist Papers? The voters of that state as a majority support it. If you don’t like it, move. Like many are moving from CA and NY as they don’t like those laws. I do not see the point of your anger?

What is in question here? Be specific, otherwise you sound unhinged.
Quit stalling.....the OP is not a question, but a display of facts regarding the Texas gov't recent move. YOU posted assertions and claims in response that you cannot factually document, while avoiding the consequences of the information in the OP.

But let me stop all your stall and diversion BS: If YOU are okay with the local gov't FORCING a woman to bring to term a child conceived of rape and/or incest, then YOU cannot ever complain about any federal gov't laws (i.e., the Affordable Care Act). Also, given Texas' low ranking in educating it's children (and no, it's not all the illegal immigrants causing that issue), YOU would have to explain what the hell will the state do for the additional children it's forcing into the world.
Capice?

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

Another act by the American Taliban in the middle of the night in whats called a shadow docket

There is no bigger coward on the planet than a conservative Republican

How does it violate a law when it’s own legislature passed it? Ever read the Federalist Papers? The voters of that state as a majority support it. If you don’t like it, move. Like many are moving from CA and NY as they don’t like those laws. I do not see the point of your anger?

I see. So if another state bans the possession of firearms because the state passed it, and the Federalist Papers, that about cover your argument?

I see. So if another state bans the possession of firearms because the state passed it, and the Federalist Papers, that about cover your argument?
100%. I am pro choice. To me the law is stupid but I do not live in TX. Many states have much tougher gun laws than other states. True or False?

If the Blue states were smart, they would follow the Texasshole blueprint to ban guns, 2nd amendment be damned! A $25,000 bounty plus legal costs to turn in anyone with a unregistered gun.
I wonder how fast the Extreme Court would grant an injunction.
That would be another example of the right’s hypocrisy, and that of the conservative Supreme Court.

Amanda Berry and Jaycee Dugard were both tortured and kept in bondage for years. Dugard had more than one child. Berry had a daughter. Both women expressed a great deal of love for their children and wanted to keep them. To me, those women should have been freed of the children imposed on them by force. The children would have or at least should have been aborted. Since they are already born what sentence should they get? Is a belated abortion all that wrong?

To be fair, I did know a woman that was violently raped and elected to keep her biracial child. It ended up an extreme tragedy. The daughter hanged herself at 17 and mother quietly drank herself to death at 50. She likely should have chosen abortion. Instead she chose extreme revenge.

You just never know what result from force.
Sorry to inform you, but ONE incident is NOT cause for a general mandate for the entire state or country. Here's a primer for you....I suggest you do MORE honest research: Rape-related pregnancy: estimates and descriptive characteristics from a national sample of women - PubMed

Your last paragraph is beyond belief. WTF is your mindset in categorizing a woman victimized by rape who drinks herself to death as "extreme revenge"? Ever here of "dispair"? "depresssion?" Bi-racial kids sometimes have a hard go of it in society....add to that the stigma of being a child born of rape and you increase the chances of negative adjustments. This poor soul you mentioned committed suicide.

Other folk fair better, but for YOU to endorse a policy that FORCES such a possible scenario is a purely selfish act to satisfy your personal ideology. Unreal.

I was thinking the same thing.

So unless you live under a rock, Texas has recently passed laws that virtually makes abortion impossible for the average citizen. Well, here's whats currently going on in the state that wants to force women victims of rape & incest to bring that pregnancy to term. Yep, they're well prepared for all those unwanted kids :rolleyes:

Authoritarianism thrives in an environment of ignorance; the authoritarian right takes advantage of that ignorance.

I was thinking the same thing.
And noticed the poster wrote unregistered which would mean those not registered, so how many minorities would be flooding the jail system because of that law?

As for the Texas law on abortion, well let the people decide in 2022 if they want to change this law then vote out those that made it and vote in those that will change it.

From what I understand, victims of rape or incest don't wait until the life inside them develops a heartbeat to terminate the pregnancy but they are exempt from the law anyway. Where does that leave the argument by the left?
Actually, you need to understand the new Texas law...then you wouldn't be confused as to where the "left" stands.

FYI:

Quit stalling.....the OP is not a question, but a display of facts regarding the Texas gov't recent move. YOU posted assertions and claims in response that you cannot factually document, while avoiding the consequences of the information in the OP.

But let me stop all your stall and diversion BS: If YOU are okay with the local gov't FORCING a woman to bring to term a child conceived of rape and/or incest, then YOU cannot ever complain about any federal gov't laws (i.e., the Affordable Care Act). Also, given Texas' low ranking in educating it's children (and no, it's not all the illegal immigrants causing that issue), YOU would have to explain what the hell will the state do for the additional children it's forcing into the world.
Capice?
No clue what you are talking about. When I asked for specifics, I didn't mean every reason liberals whine, I meant in regards to your silly assertions. Ah well, rant away, I leave you to it.

Oh come on, you're not that ignorant of what's going on. And spare me the tired retreat to "the Federalist Papers", because they are NOT the final document which is the Constitution and it's Amendments.

Again, folk like you who bitched and moaned about Obamacare forcing you to do things are suddenly okay with forcing women to do things of the utmost personal nature. You're a hypocrit of the highest order.

Here's an explanation from a conservative source that puts to bed anymore blather from you:

No clue what you are talking about. When I asked for specifics, I didn't mean every reason liberals whine, I meant in regards to your silly assertions. Ah well, rant away, I leave you to it.
Your first sentence is either an example of your below high school G.E.D. reading comprehension skills or a piss poor attempt to (again) dodge the content of the OP Clearly, you're just an intellectually impotent right wing troll wasting time and space. No more. I'll check on you in a month to see if you've improved.

I would make a state law that allows multiple people to sue a person that is not wearing their mask and anyone that helped brainwash them into doing so.
Really? How did you feel about the passing of Obamacare?

really? Where did you get that stat? And how the fuck is that a comfort to the woman who is forced to bring that type of pregnancy to term?
From the pro-choice Guttmacher Institute:

https://www.guttmacher.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/pubs/psrh/full/3711005.pdf

abortion-reasons.jpg

Forum List

Back