Abortion Didn’t Play Well For GOP In 2022. New Polling Show’s It Isn’t Going To In 2024 Either

The antiabortion movement didn't always exist.

It didn't even really exist after RvW, except for a few Catholics.

Why did evangelicals suddenly become pro-life? Because their leaders knew they needed an issue to get the base hysterical. Being fanatically racist douchebags was no longer acceptible, so they created the pro-life movement as a substitute for the racist movement.
Which is ironic considering there is a recipe for abortion in the bible.

It also doesn't say anything about the right to marriage, travel and presumption of innocence...yet those are constitutional rights.
Marriage is most certainly not a “constitutional right.”

If something is not mentioned in the Constitution it cannot be a “constitutional right.” It may or may not be a human right, but it’s not the federal government’s role to have anything to do with the topic.

The 9th amendment says clearly what happens with a given topic when the constitution doesn't address it
The 9th Amendment doesn’t say anything clear or useful at all, which is why it is abused by tyrants to just make shit up.

So under what situation would the 9th amendment be for?
Situation? It’s a legal truism with no application to any situation.

^^^Commies who never cracked a Bible always have the funniest stories to tell.

LOL
Typical intolerance from the Christian right. Is it possible that I am not the same religion as you? You seem to assume that it's the Bible or nothing. What does your fake god say about hubris?

My religion is fine with abortion.

Don't tread on my rights.

Oh, and here is the recipe for abortion if you need to use it sometime...

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Typical intolerance from the Christian right. Is it possible that I am not the same religion as you? You seem to assume that it's the Bible or nothing. What does your fake god say about hubris?

My religion is fine with abortion.

Don't tread on my rights.

Oh, and here is the recipe for abortion if you need to use it sometime...

16 “‘The priest shall bring her and have her stand before the Lord. 17 Then he shall take some holy water in a clay jar and put some dust from the tabernacle floor into the water. 18 After the priest has had the woman stand before the Lord, he shall loosen her hair and place in her hands the reminder-offering, the grain offering for jealousy, while he himself holds the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 Then the priest shall put the woman under oath and say to her, “If no other man has had sexual relations with you and you have not gone astray and become impure while married to your husband, may this bitter water that brings a curse not harm you. 20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband”— 21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse—“may the Lord cause you to become a curse[b] among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell. 22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries.”

Your only religion is government.

Marriage is most certainly not a “constitutional right.”

In Zablocki v. Redhail,1 importing into equal protection analysis the doctrines developed in substantive due process, the Court identified the right to marry as a “fundamental interest” that necessitates “critical examination” of governmental restrictions that “interfere directly and substantially” with the right.

If something is not mentioned in the Constitution it cannot be a “constitutional right.” It may or may not be a human right, but it’s not the federal government’s role to have anything to do with the topic.

Yet another who has no idea how the constitution works. Have you ever heard of the 9th amendment?

If not, see post 98.

The 9th Amendment doesn’t say anything clear or useful at all, which is why it is abused by tyrants to just make shit up.

The 9th amendment and the reasoning behind it are very clear. I am not sure why you are confused.

Ironically it is a tyrant who would try to disregard 9th amendment rights to enforce government power in all "rights" not specifically referred to in the bill of rights of which their are nearly infinite.

Situation? It’s a legal truism with no application to any situation.
The 9th has been used by SCOTUS. What do you mean no application in any situation?

Do you think Madison was off his rocker when he spearheaded the 9th amendment which likely is the only reason we have a bill of rights at all?

To bad Madison isn't with us today so you could impart your constitutional wisdom to him.

Ahh, more intolerance.

Here you are judging my choice of religion and constitutional right provided by the 1st amendment.
Yeah, I have free speech rights and I’m using them to call you out as an evil piece of shit with an evil religion.

You are allowed to have your evil thoughts, but they shouldn’t be legally sanctioned let alone endorsed.

Yeah, I have free speech rights and I’m using them to call you out as an evil piece of shit with an evil religion.

You are allowed to have your evil thoughts, but they shouldn’t be legally sanctioned let alone endorsed.
My religion is one of peace and tranquility. I hope you can discard your false religion and seek the truth. It is a journey worth taking.

I will pray for you. Peace.

My religion is one of peace and tranquility.
Your god is a toilet and you worship violence and destruction.

It is probable that no gods are real, but at least other people try to worship good deities or concepts; you found one that fits your loathesome self though, and while you find that god worthy, no one of conscience could.

Your god is a toilet and you worship violence and destruction.

It is probable that no gods are real, but at least other people try to worship good deities or concepts; you found one that fits your loathesome self though, and while you find that god worthy, no one of conscience
If something is not mentioned in the Constitution it cannot be a “constitutional right.”
You just failed a 10th grade civics quiz.

Then the professor was a retard, corrupt, or a corrupt retard, and I should be teaching instead - because he’s wrong and lying about the contents of a plain English document.
You can have your little hissy fit. It won't help you.

The SCOTUS has established several unenumerated, constitutional rights.

Maybe go read up, so you don't keep embarrassing yourself.

Forum List

Back