ABC cancels Tim Allen's highly rated TV show 2 months after he called out hysterical Anti Trump left

I'm sure a much smarter station, if there is such a thing, will pick up that show.

There`s nothing preventing the Klan and the NRA from starting their own network is there?

I wonder if Tim Allen has ever considered going to work at the FBI. Didn't a job there recently become available? :) :) :)

God bless you and Tim and everyone else from LMS always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of the show)
He can't. He is actually a convicted drug dealer.
So? That was when he was in his 20s. He's in his 60's now. Some people not only learn, but they change too. :) :) :)

God bless you and Tim always!!!

Holly

I wonder if Tim Allen has ever considered going to work at the FBI. Didn't a job there recently become available? :) :) :)

So? That was when he was in his 20s. He's in his 60's now. Some people not only learn, but they change too. :) :) :)

Holly

Age doesn't change the facts. You know Charlie Manson did some bad things when he was very young. Do you want him as the head of the FBI?

Holly

If you are convicted of a felony, you can't get into the U.S. Military, not even if you request a waiver. You CAN have up to 3 misdemeanors however if you can get a waiver from the NRD CO.

The FBI has much higher standards for security than what the average military entree does, so the chances of them letting Allen be an agent is zero.

And yeah, while it was something he did when he was young, and it was a long time ago, it's still on his record, and that renders him ineligible.

He was 25 then, and 63 now.
It is on the Hallmark channel, as well. Hopefully they keep carrying it.
CMT also shows the earlier episodes and if they can keep one former ABC show going, Nashville that is, they can keep another former ABC show going too. :) :) :)

God bless you and everyone of the LMS show always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of LMS)

P.S. I saw it suggested at another website that Tim Allen go to work at the FBI since a job there recently became available. :D :D :D

He is a convicted drug trafficker and spent over 2 years in prison. Not exactly FBI material.

'QUOTE="depotoo, post: 17230732, member: 39553"]He was 25 then, and 63 now.'

Learn how to post.

A convicted felon is a convicted felon. Say, can convicted felons vote? We should ask Rush!
The irony abounds!

I thought conservatives were supposed to be the "tough" guys, not the butthurt perpetual victims.
Where are the demonstrations to keep the Tim Allen show?

Is Allen demanding a safe zone?

Is Allen even complaining?

Some of his fans are complaining and they think it peculiar that one of the conservative performers is losing his show, and that is equivalent to Antifa?

roflmao

Your response is little more than a midget brained 'I am rubber, you are glue...' childishness, devoid of any factual correlation at all.

Why humiliate yourself with such commentary?.

Name another show that has a 1.3 rating that is continuing. One needs a +2 or better.
midratings201617-abc4.jpg

midratings201617-cbs3.jpg

midratings201617-fox3.jpg

midratings201617-nbcfix.jpg

Thanks for proving my point.
roflmao, there are literally dozens of shows with less than a 1.3 rating that are continuing, just like you asked for.

And all you can say is that *I* proved your point?

You are a real stupid ass hole.

Welcome to my ignore list, time is far too precious to waste on retarded ass hats.

ABC Cancels Conservative Tim Allen Sitcom 'Last Man Standing' Despite Strong Ratings

Oh look more liberal hatred of fairness in media! I hope CMT or FX picks it up. That show is a riot.
Oh dear. Some fucking 1/2 hour comedy shitcom got cancelled. It must be a liberal conspiracy.
Methinks you missed the gist and it flew over your head.

:lol:

Nope, he hit the nail right on the head.

I thought conservatives were supposed to be the "tough" guys, not the butthurt perpetual victims.

No victims here except for idiots who purge shows that offends their politics. Even IF it's satire. Seems there's no room on 489 channels for even ONE show that is not a preachy partisan indoctrination into left-wing dysphoria.

So -- i did what any "butt-hurt" American with a grudge against constantly being lectured and programmed would do. I hit their suggestion box.

Offered ABC a concept for a "Safe Space" show would fit perfectly into their early evening programming. Suggested some puppets, and puppies and hot chocolate with marshmallows and of course the token gay love interest, a few segments on proper pronouns, and workshops on street theater and demonstration chanting.. Thought maybe Rue Paul and Barney the Dinosaur could be a regular hosts.

And funny how they actually made a deal for Modern Family....

Oh, and if you buy ABC's excuse, riddle me this report that just so happened to be released within hours of the news that Last Man Standing had been canceled:

Reaching both agreements, especially a new license-fee pact with ABC, was not easy. Talks between the network and 20th TV started awhile ago. The studio originally sought a two-season renewal, which was met with resistance by the network at first until the two sides finally came to a deal. It followed an agreement in principle ABC and 20th TV reached at the end of February, which outlined what the license-fee structure should look like predicated on making new salary agreements with the actors.

Weird how ABC was totally comfortable doing for the left-wing Modern Family exactly what it wouldn't do for a show that appeals to the other half of the country.
whining about TV shows now?

you life really must suck big time
I bet you called victim when Elans the I'm gay show got cancelled.

ABC Cancels Conservative Tim Allen Sitcom 'Last Man Standing' Despite Strong Ratings

Oh look more liberal hatred of fairness in media! I hope CMT or FX picks it up. That show is a riot.
Strong ratings? According to who? Never even heard of that show....how long was it on?

I've never heard of it either or Tim Allen BUT

Odium Businesses do not cancel successful products cuz, you know, they want to make a profit.

[emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Then you show your age, the tool man Taylor!

The Left hates freedom and American values in general. We are under attack by the Left and I believe it's going to get a lot worse.

The Left hates freedom and American values in general. We are under attack by the Left and I believe it's going to get a lot worse.

Just concede the movies and network TV to them. It's not worth a lot anymore. Look at the issue ESPN is having over politicizing sports. They can't help themselves.

When they see ratings for the CMAwards beating their preachy primadonna movie festivals, they'll get the message. Their Emmys get 12Mill viewers. The CMAwards already pull 16Mill viewers.. There's a reason for that. Folks on the CMA are likeable and humble..

I hope people are still in this thread because it really has irked me that this was cancelled. According to Fox News this sitcome had second highest viewship at 8.1M, second only to Modern Family at 8.7M. There is absolutely, no way on Gods Green earth that a network that is already fighting hard to get ratings and viewers would cancel this show. There would have had to be a massive scandal for them to do so. In this case, it is purely political and it should disgust anyone.

I am going to suggest that people from this forum contact ABC to express your dismay. Furthermore, I am going to suggest we contact Netflix and ask them if they might be interested in picking up this show. It would be a coup for them. If ABC doesn't want to, Netflix could basically copy the shows blueprint and even hire Allen as the main character if they wanted to. Hell, they could even hire the writers without infringing on intellectual property laws.

ESPN has swooned for some time now due to their politics in sports, and it's well deserved. ABC should suffer some consequences for being so clearly biased and politically cowardly.

One has to wonder what sort of alt-left campaign was going on behind the scenes to force this decision...

This is a good look at how insane ABC is....they are letting politics get in the way of their programming...just like ESPN has.....

Despite High Ratings, ABC Cancels Trump-Friendly Sitcom 'Last Man Standing'

Those are very impressive numbers for a show that has been around for six full seasons.

But that is not all!

Last Man Standing was ABC's Friday anchor, meaning a show that could not only be counted on to win the night but one that kept viewers tuned in to whatever shows came after. Anchors are also crucially important when it comes to launching new shows.
------
But that is not all!

The real money in the sitcom business comes from syndication rights, selling the reruns on a per episode basis to other networks. Last Man Standing is not only a syndication smash, a virtual cash cow, per Deadline it is the "rare off-network ratings success story these days."

When a show does this well in syndication, every episode becomes a bar of gold, a likely source of rolling revenue for years and years to come. Even aging sitcoms that lose their audience are sometimes renewed for an extra season because each of those episodes is worth a fortune in syndication.

So why was this popular and profitable sitcom abruptly canceled?

----

The real reason ABC canceled "Last Man Standing" was almost certainly due to politics. Allen's character is, as described by Deadline, a …

… political conservative and devout Christian adhering to traditional American values, the blue-collar comedy appeals to viewers in the Heartland, a constituency that helped elect Donald Trump as president and has been energized post-election as evidenced by the ratings success of new USA drama Shooter.

Through his character, the politically conservative Allen has poked fun at Hillary Clinton, political correctness, and the Left at large. Worse still, he has created a popular, sympathetic and likable television personality who holds the beliefs and values our entertainment and media elites want to tell us can only belong to Nazis.

Moreover, the ABC television network is owned by Disney, a rabidly left-wing company run by Bob Iger, who, for years, has been a huge supporter of both Bill and Hillary Clinton. In order to protect the Clintons, Iger has gone so far as to eat $40 million. The Path to 9/11 was a popular 2006 miniseries that offered only light criticism of Bill Clinton's handling of Osama bin Laden. Although the original idea was to rerun the program every September 11, Iger has not only refused to rerun it even once (losing all that advertising revenue), he won’t even release it on home video.

So much for the lefts bullshit about the media or pop culture being all about the money.

Ratings won't save a popular show in the shadow of political correctness. Bill O'Reilly was the highest rated show in cable news. It didn't help him.

Forum List

Back