ABC cancels Tim Allen's highly rated TV show 2 months after he called out hysterical Anti Trump left

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
ABC has canceled Tim Allen’s Last Man Standing sitcom despite good ratings, leaving some to wonder whether the show was canned because of Allen’s conservative politics.
ABC Cancels Tim Allen’s Highly Rated TV Show 2 Months After He Called Out Hysterical Anti-Trump Left
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two faced hypocritical leftist awwwww they gotta find their binky.

upload_2017-5-11_7-49-39.png

This is comical. I saw some of his interviews, and both myself and my wife enjoy Tim Allen as an actor, and I enjoy hearing him call out the most protected in society. It's a tough world, and a world that should be FREE, he calls them out because he's from a generation that knows these facts.

American TV needs some diversity in political opinion, it's a far cry from the shows that were on TV in the past. Cancelling a show with good ratings illustrates a clear bias, one that I hope hurts them, as ESPN has learned the hard way...

Tim Allen is a conservative guy...he has a show on ABC, and it was just canceled despite good ratings in it's Friday time slot....

The show featured him and his conservative, pro-American, pro-2nd Amendment view points....

The left will not tolerate dissent.....

Leftist Hollywood Gets Revenge on Tim Allen

In its last season, Deadline reports, Last Man Standing averaged “a very respectable for any night and especially Friday, 1.2 Live+same day rating in adults 18-64 and 6.4 million viewers, winning its 8-8:30 PM time slot. While most returning shows were down year-to-year 20-30%, LMS was virtually flat, off just by 5% in total viewers and adults 18-49 (L+SD).”

It's going to be replaced by "Sonya!" the funny, uplifting story of a transsexual Latina who worked on Hillary's campaign

This is a good look at how insane ABC is....they are letting politics get in the way of their programming...just like ESPN has.....

Despite High Ratings, ABC Cancels Trump-Friendly Sitcom 'Last Man Standing'

Those are very impressive numbers for a show that has been around for six full seasons.

But that is not all!

Last Man Standing was ABC's Friday anchor, meaning a show that could not only be counted on to win the night but one that kept viewers tuned in to whatever shows came after. Anchors are also crucially important when it comes to launching new shows.
------
But that is not all!

The real money in the sitcom business comes from syndication rights, selling the reruns on a per episode basis to other networks. Last Man Standing is not only a syndication smash, a virtual cash cow, per Deadline it is the "rare off-network ratings success story these days."

When a show does this well in syndication, every episode becomes a bar of gold, a likely source of rolling revenue for years and years to come. Even aging sitcoms that lose their audience are sometimes renewed for an extra season because each of those episodes is worth a fortune in syndication.

So why was this popular and profitable sitcom abruptly canceled?

----

The real reason ABC canceled "Last Man Standing" was almost certainly due to politics. Allen's character is, as described by Deadline, a …

… political conservative and devout Christian adhering to traditional American values, the blue-collar comedy appeals to viewers in the Heartland, a constituency that helped elect Donald Trump as president and has been energized post-election as evidenced by the ratings success of new USA drama Shooter.

Through his character, the politically conservative Allen has poked fun at Hillary Clinton, political correctness, and the Left at large. Worse still, he has created a popular, sympathetic and likable television personality who holds the beliefs and values our entertainment and media elites want to tell us can only belong to Nazis.

Moreover, the ABC television network is owned by Disney, a rabidly left-wing company run by Bob Iger, who, for years, has been a huge supporter of both Bill and Hillary Clinton. In order to protect the Clintons, Iger has gone so far as to eat $40 million. The Path to 9/11 was a popular 2006 miniseries that offered only light criticism of Bill Clinton's handling of Osama bin Laden. Although the original idea was to rerun the program every September 11, Iger has not only refused to rerun it even once (losing all that advertising revenue), he won’t even release it on home video.

And funny how they actually made a deal for Modern Family....

Oh, and if you buy ABC's excuse, riddle me this report that just so happened to be released within hours of the news that Last Man Standing had been canceled:

Reaching both agreements, especially a new license-fee pact with ABC, was not easy. Talks between the network and 20th TV started awhile ago. The studio originally sought a two-season renewal, which was met with resistance by the network at first until the two sides finally came to a deal. It followed an agreement in principle ABC and 20th TV reached at the end of February, which outlined what the license-fee structure should look like predicated on making new salary agreements with the actors.

Weird how ABC was totally comfortable doing for the left-wing Modern Family exactly what it wouldn't do for a show that appeals to the other half of the country.

Maybe they can do a show to make you happy of a family bowing to statues an clutching guns , kind of like Archie bunker

And funny how they actually made a deal for Modern Family....

Oh, and if you buy ABC's excuse, riddle me this report that just so happened to be released within hours of the news that Last Man Standing had been canceled:

Reaching both agreements, especially a new license-fee pact with ABC, was not easy. Talks between the network and 20th TV started awhile ago. The studio originally sought a two-season renewal, which was met with resistance by the network at first until the two sides finally came to a deal. It followed an agreement in principle ABC and 20th TV reached at the end of February, which outlined what the license-fee structure should look like predicated on making new salary agreements with the actors.

Weird how ABC was totally comfortable doing for the left-wing Modern Family exactly what it wouldn't do for a show that appeals to the other half of the country.
whining about TV shows now?

you life really must suck big time

I will never watch modern family. Let the network keep its loss leader. I can't stand Sonia Vergara anyway. She is an insufferable bitch.

You know, even though the main character on the show was a far right political type, it was balanced out by the mother and 2 daughters, while 1 daughter (Eve) holds the same political views as her dad.

And then, there's the son in law who is a full blown liberal.

Gonna kinda miss the show, because they were able to talk about various political subjects from both sides.

:crybaby:

You black conservatives sure do whine alot
I'm not black.

ABC Cancels Conservative Tim Allen Sitcom 'Last Man Standing' Despite Strong Ratings

Oh look more liberal hatred of fairness in media! I hope CMT or FX picks it up. That show is a riot.

Yep, the ever present right wing persecution complex is on full display again.
If the show as making money, they wouldn't go off the air. Fox dumped O'reilly for the same reason. I guess you think Fox is just as guilty of liberal hatred too, right?
Actually Fox is going to lose money now because of it being canceled....READING the article tends to help not make a dumb ass out of yourself. Continue grasping at straws.
You know, even though the main character on the show was a far right political type, it was balanced out by the mother and 2 daughters, while 1 daughter (Eve) holds the same political views as her dad.

And then, there's the son in law who is a full blown liberal.

Gonna kinda miss the show, because they were able to talk about various political subjects from both sides.

You though Allen's character was far right!? Holy hell......you need to get out more! lol.

Forum List

Back