A Well Known Fact: Liberals are Ruing America

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

Liberals Are Ruining America. I Know Because I Am One.

In the spring of 2006, I quit my job as an adjunct professor at Boston College to protest the school’s selection of Condoleezza Rice as commencement speaker. My resignation letter, published online by The Boston Globe, went viral. Over the next few days, I received hundreds of e-mails, evenly divided between praise and condemnation, along with numerous invitations to appear on cable television.

The most tempting offer came from “Hannity & Colmes.” As I viewed it then, Sean Hannity represented the bane of American civic life: a blow-dried blowhard paid to vilify his enemies and incite his imbecilic fans. I leapt at the chance to confront him on live TV.

A producer promised me 10 minutes of airtime, during which I would be free to voice my objections to Rice, the former secretary of state. As it turned out, my interview ran just over three minutes, much of which I spent trying to fend off Hannity’s insistence that I voted for John Kerry. Not what I’d envisioned, but I managed to outlast his bullying and even launch a few zingers before my mike was cut. I was immensely pleased with myself, and I happily accepted kudos from fellow lefties.

Over the past few years, I’ve come to view my appearance as somewhat less heroic.

More here:

Wow, wow, wow, good for him. I'd copy and paste a few passages, but the NYT site doesn't allow it.

This will be ignored, by the way.

And also by the way, he's arguing against getting in the mud with, and playing the same games as, the right wing Division Pimps.

He's right, that just makes things worse.

Last edited:
Wow, wow, wow, good for him. I'd copy and paste a few passages, but the NYT site doesn't allow it.

This will be ignored, by the way.

And by the way, he's arguing against getting in mud with, and playing the same games as, the right wing Division Pimps.

He's right, that just makes things worse.

Its like Mark Twain said:

Never argue with stupid people....they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

In the spring of 2006, I quit my job as an adjunct professor at Boston College to protest the school’s selection of Condoleezza Rice as commencement speaker. My resignation letter, published online by The Boston Globe, went viral. Over the next few days, I received hundreds of e-mails, evenly divided between praise and condemnation, along with numerous invitations to appear on cable television.

The most tempting offer came from “Hannity & Colmes.” As I viewed it then, Sean Hannity represented the bane of American civic life: a blow-dried blowhard paid to vilify his enemies and incite his imbecilic fans. I leapt at the chance to confront him on live TV.

A producer promised me 10 minutes of airtime, during which I would be free to voice my objections to Rice, the former secretary of state. As it turned out, my interview ran just over three minutes, much of which I spent trying to fend off Hannity’s insistence that I voted for John Kerry. Not what I’d envisioned, but I managed to outlast his bullying and even launch a few zingers before my mike was cut. I was immensely pleased with myself, and I happily accepted kudos from fellow lefties.

Over the past few years, I’ve come to view my appearance as somewhat less heroic.

More here:

It appears you did little more than read the title of the piece

The point he is trying to make went right over your head

My fixation on conservative demagogues also includes a share of covert envy. The truth is that I feel overrun by moral uncertainty, bewildered by the complexity of our planetary crises. Wouldn’t it be nice, I ask myself, to feel entirely sure of my beliefs? To shout down anyone who disagrees with me? To dismiss peak oil and global warming as fairy tales? To accept capitalism as a catechism?

But what’s really happening when I scoff at Sarah Palin’s latest tweet amounts to a mimetic indulgence: I’m bleeding the world of nuance, surrendering to the seduction of binary thinking.

This pattern of defensive grievance, writ large, has derailed the liberal agenda and crippled the nation’s moral progress.

Turds like the dude who wrote the nonsense in the O.P. (I got through most of it) make for interesting psychopathogical studies.

As they race toward Marxism...they look back at the the Rational People they are leaving behind....and assume the Rational People are moving to the Right.

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:

Another link to the letter , since I do not want to sign into the Globe.
Steve Almond | Condoleezza Rice at Boston College? I Quit

Hannity is terrible on TV so much so I can't watch him.

I proudly voted for Kerry and also Gore, who won (in my opinion- if there ever was a US coup, it happened in 2000 in Florida). What happened to him is the same that happened to Clinton, the EC is old and has to go.

How 39 million people in CA can have the same Senators as Wyoming with under 600,000 people is beyond belief. When that law was made the people didn't vote and it was in a time of pony express.

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:

It appears you did little more than read the title of the piece

The point he is trying to make went right over your head

My fixation on conservative demagogues also includes a share of covert envy. The truth is that I feel overrun by moral uncertainty, bewildered by the complexity of our planetary crises. Wouldn’t it be nice, I ask myself, to feel entirely sure of my beliefs? To shout down anyone who disagrees with me? To dismiss peak oil and global warming as fairy tales? To accept capitalism as a catechism?

But what’s really happening when I scoff at Sarah Palin’s latest tweet amounts to a mimetic indulgence: I’m bleeding the world of nuance, surrendering to the seduction of binary thinking.

This pattern of defensive grievance, writ large, has derailed the liberal agenda and crippled the nation’s moral progress.

I know what the point was, that is why I posted it

Also interesting that as a liberal he talked about a moral compass

-Geaux

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:

I proudly voted for Kerry and also Gore, who won (in my opinion- if there ever was a US coup, it happened in 2000 in Florida). What happened to him is the same that happened to Clinton, the EC is old and has to go.

How 39 million people in CA can have the same Senators as Wyoming with under 600,000 people is beyond belief. When that law was made the people didn't vote and it was in a time of pony express.

We can't let California soil America anymore than it already has. Just what we need more, Boxers, Crimestiens and Phonylosi

-Geaux

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:
So this clueless chap doesn't know that liberals are in both major parties and do not act like he does? Nope, a short sighted author...

says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:

We can't let California soil America anymore than it already has. Just what we need more, Boxers, Crimestiens and Phonylosi

-Geaux
says a liberal

-Geaux
=======

More here:

-Geaux

TN is gaining in population, mainly because of no state tax and free community ed. Look for more liberals to move on in. Your state is only so big, so expect more crowding. Nothing is static, everything changes. TN is a nice state, lots to see, and Nashville.

Well 'liberals' are better cooks so when you want to put together a good roux - Just butter and flour, seems simple but the right amount of temperature and cooking time determines if it's just right or a little burnt.

Have you read Murder at the Rue Morgue? Well worth the read and the movie isn't bad either.

One has to note, conservatives never rue the day, or rue their actions like the time in 2008 when they collapsed the economy. Or when Ronald Raygun lied to Congress under oath.

The passed down family recipe I use for my gumbo is killer. It is Okra based with plenty seafood and andouille sausage

-Geaux

Forum List

Back