A warning to the Trump lovers

The oil industry, less than 2% of GDP, would suffer. While the much, much, much larger economy that uses oil
would benefit.
How Oil Prices Impact the U.S. Economy

The other groups that tends to suffer when U.S. oil prices drop are the banking and investment sectors. There are a lot of different companies drilling and servicing wells on the shale deposits, and many of these companies finance their operations by raising capital and taking on debt. This means that investors and banks both have money to lose if the price of oil drops to where new wells are no longer profitable and the companies dependent on drilling and service then go out of business. Of course, investors and bankers are well-versed in risks and rewards, but the losses still destroy capital when they happen. Between the job losses and the capital losses, a dip in oil prices can trim the growth of the U.S. economy.

Read more: How Oil Prices Impact the U.S. Economy | Investopedia How Oil Prices Impact the U.S. Economy
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Thanks for the link......

The price of oil influences the costs of other production and manufacturing across the United States. For example, there is the direct correlation between the cost of gasoline or airplane fuel to the price of transporting goods and people. A drop in fuel prices means lower transport costs and cheaper airline tickets. As many industrial chemicals are refined from oil, lower oil prices benefit the manufacturing sector. Before the resurgence in U.S. oil production, drops in the price of oil were largely viewed as positive because it lowered the price of importing oil and reduced costs for the manufacturing and transport sectors. This reduction of costs could be passed on to consumer. Greater discretionary income for consumer spending can further stimulate the economy.

Have you noticed your error?
Have you noticed yours?

Haven't made one.
The oil industry, less than 2% of GDP, would suffer. While the much, much, much larger economy that uses oil
would benefit.

The other groups that tends to suffer when U.S. oil prices drop are the banking and investment sectors. There are a lot of different companies drilling and servicing wells on the shale deposits, and many of these companies finance their operations by raising capital and taking on debt. This means that investors and banks both have money to lose if the price of oil drops to where new wells are no longer profitable and the companies dependent on drilling and service then go out of business. Of course, investors and bankers are well-versed in risks and rewards, but the losses still destroy capital when they happen. Between the job losses and the capital losses, a dip in oil prices can trim the growth of the U.S. economy.

Read more: How Oil Prices Impact the U.S. Economy | Investopedia How Oil Prices Impact the U.S. Economy

The price of oil influences the costs of other production and manufacturing across the United States. For example, there is the direct correlation between the cost of gasoline or airplane fuel to the price of transporting goods and people. A drop in fuel prices means lower transport costs and cheaper airline tickets. As many industrial chemicals are refined from oil, lower oil prices benefit the manufacturing sector. Before the resurgence in U.S. oil production, drops in the price of oil were largely viewed as positive because it lowered the price of importing oil and reduced costs for the manufacturing and transport sectors. This reduction of costs could be passed on to consumer. Greater discretionary income for consumer spending can further stimulate the economy.

Have you noticed yours?

Haven't made one.
Your opinion is of no greater value than any of the authors in the links i cited.

Do you feel their opinion in any way disagreed with mine?

Have you noticed yours?

Haven't made one.

Have you noticed yours?

Haven't made one.
Your opinion is of no greater value than any of the authors in the links i cited.

Do you feel their opinion in any way disagreed with mine?
You are stalling. Show me the error you think I made.

Low oil prices are good for our economy, idiot.
As long as those prices don't get absurdly low..
Word is spreading: portfolios and endowments worth a total of $2.6 trillion in assets have begun to divest from fossil fuels. The smart money is heading elsewhere.

You think he did that to help our economy? Hilarious!
I dont know and neither do you.

Crude is currently about $1.10 a gallon ($46 a barrel)
I meant the refined stuff laymen call gasoline.

Since you're so bright, explain how awesome our economy does when oil spikes.
Tell me how well the oil industry does when a huge glut of oil causes profits to fall long term. Yet, operating expenses and labor go higher or remain the same . its really simple math...

Spatial relationships? I recognize gibberish when I hear it. LOL!

That's because you don't look up definitions.
words above elementary school level can be challenging for Trump's "poorly educated."

He added $9.3 trillion. It had nothing to do with the Trust Funds, moron.

Ok genius...how did Obama add $9.3 trillion to the national debt? What specifically did he do that links him to every cent?

Right here.

Word is spreading: portfolios and endowments worth a total of $2.6 trillion in assets have begun to divest from fossil fuels. The smart money is heading elsewhere.

Tell me how well the oil industry does when a huge glut of oil causes profits to fall long term. Yet, operating expenses and labor go higher or remain the same . its really simple math...

words above elementary school level can be challenging for Trump's "poorly educated."

Ok genius...how did Obama add $9.3 trillion to the national debt? What specifically did he do that links him to every cent?

Right here.
Yawwwnnn! Really? Heh heh heh#....who cares?... People visited this thread to discuss Trump...not oil.... See ya...

Right here.
Yawwwnnn! Really? Heh heh heh#....who cares?... People visited this thread to discuss Trump...not oil.... See ya...

It's true, your ignorance is boring.

Right here.

You are so ignorant you don't even know what the is about. Hint: its not "oil" dunce.
If I had kept responding you would have persisted in your off topic drivel indefinitely.

Thanks for the warning. I guess I'll be... careful? :dunno:

Isn't it great.... even after losing so man elections, the leftardz are still doing their best to help their opposition become an even better (more winning) organization.

How sweet.

Right here.

You are so ignorant you don't even know what the is about. Hint: its not "oil" dunce.
If I had kept responding you would have persisted in your off topic drivel indefinitely.

The US produces about 9 million barrels per day.
We import about 10 million barrels per day.

Let's say the price drops $10 from the current level.
The oil production sector would see a revenue reduction of about $90 million per day.
The US economy would see savings of about $190 million per day.

Now you can continue to claim that it would be a net negative for the economy, but I'll continue to point out your error.

Alas, Democrats, we feel your pain.

And it tickles like crazy!

animated-laughing-image-0182.gif

That was very moving. I voted for the republicans. Out of frustration. People are going off the deep end here . The music, so menacing. I hear Hitler's handlers used to use low frequency sound to enrage the masses prior to a speech he gave, it's good PR, er propaganda. Let's get real, the republicans play the same game when it comes to Obama, the affordable health care program, or anything related to democrats or liberals. They exaggerate and play stunts like...THIS.

Forum List

Back