A Traitor, An Idiot ... and A Muslim Who Voted for Trump

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
A Muslim woman said Sunday that her viral article explaining why she voted for Donald Trump has angered her liberal pals as well as other Muslims.

Asra Nomani declared herself one of President-elect Donald Trumpā€™s silent supporters in an opinion piece she wrote in the Washington Post Thursday called "I'm a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump."

ā€œAs you can tell I donā€™t have horns on my head, right, but nonetheless I am now being [characterized] as a traitor, to my own liberals as an idiot, names that I canā€™t even repeat on air,ā€ she told "Fox & Friends."

The former Wall Street Journal reporter also said fellow Muslims have told her they hope Allah sends her ā€œto the gates of hell.ā€

ā€œBut you know none of that matters to me because Iā€™m getting more responses than in my 30 years in journalism from people who are saying, ā€˜Thank you,ā€™ because they too are fed up with the polarization,ā€ she said.

The 51-year-old woman wrote in the Post that she voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012, but she became a Trump voter over the issue of Islamic terrorism.

ā€œAs a liberal Muslim who has experienced, first-hand Islamic extremism in this world, I have been opposed to the decision by President Obama and the Democratic Party to tap dance around the ā€˜Islamā€™ in Islamic State,ā€ she wrote.

Nomani told "Fox & Friends" she knows Trump is not an Islamaphobic or a racist or a bigot.

ā€œHe is insensitive at times with what he says and his proposals are tough, but they reflect a reality of concern people have about an issue thatā€™s killing people from Orlando to Paris,ā€ she said.

How DARE she have her own opinion!

Doesn't she know if you are Muslim and female YOU MUST VOTE HILLARY or be personally attacked?!

A Muslim woman said Sunday that her viral article explaining why she voted for Donald Trump has angered her liberal pals as well as other Muslims.

Asra Nomani declared herself one of President-elect Donald Trumpā€™s silent supporters in an opinion piece she wrote in the Washington Post Thursday called "I'm a Muslim, a woman and an immigrant. I voted for Trump."

ā€œAs you can tell I donā€™t have horns on my head, right, but nonetheless I am now being [characterized] as a traitor, to my own liberals as an idiot, names that I canā€™t even repeat on air,ā€ she told "Fox & Friends."

The former Wall Street Journal reporter also said fellow Muslims have told her they hope Allah sends her ā€œto the gates of hell.ā€

ā€œBut you know none of that matters to me because Iā€™m getting more responses than in my 30 years in journalism from people who are saying, ā€˜Thank you,ā€™ because they too are fed up with the polarization,ā€ she said.

The 51-year-old woman wrote in the Post that she voted for President Obama in 2008 and 2012, but she became a Trump voter over the issue of Islamic terrorism.

ā€œAs a liberal Muslim who has experienced, first-hand Islamic extremism in this world, I have been opposed to the decision by President Obama and the Democratic Party to tap dance around the ā€˜Islamā€™ in Islamic State,ā€ she wrote.

Nomani told "Fox & Friends" she knows Trump is not an Islamaphobic or a racist or a bigot.

ā€œHe is insensitive at times with what he says and his proposals are tough, but they reflect a reality of concern people have about an issue thatā€™s killing people from Orlando to Paris,ā€ she said.
Bravo Nomani !!! would the clintons have gone to Trump's wedding if they thought he was a racist ?? actually the clintons might.

Forum List

Back