A smarter Trumpless immigration reform is needed

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
I agree with the comments of Marcella Wolfe who wrote a letter to the Salt Lake Tribune that a smarter immigration reform program that excludes Trumpian excess should be enacted by Congress.

"I applaud The Salt Lake Tribune for the "Out of Africa into the heart of Mormondom" article. As a newcomer to the Salt Lake area, a member of the Catholic community and a provider within the area of behavioral health services, I cannot understand how anyone from either the LDS or Catholic communities within Utah are able to support the Trump policies on immigration and exclusion of others who have a different belief and/or cultural system.

Both the LDS and Catholic communities see the value of opening up our world to those who are experiencing persecution and war and those who yearn for peace for themselves and their children. Let's confront the Trump ideology by taking sides and supporting a revised but fair immigration policy which is not a part of the Trump platform." Letter: Mormons and Catholics alike believe in helping immigrants

I agree with the comments of Marcella Wolfe who wrote a letter to the Salt Lake Tribune that a smarter immigration reform program that excludes Trumpian excess should be enacted by Congress.

"I applaud The Salt Lake Tribune for the "Out of Africa into the heart of Mormondom" article. As a newcomer to the Salt Lake area, a member of the Catholic community and a provider within the area of behavioral health services, I cannot understand how anyone from either the LDS or Catholic communities within Utah are able to support the Trump policies on immigration and exclusion of others who have a different belief and/or cultural system.

Both the LDS and Catholic communities see the value of opening up our world to those who are experiencing persecution and war and those who yearn for peace for themselves and their children. Let's confront the Trump ideology by taking sides and supporting a revised but fair immigration policy which is not a part of the Trump platform." Letter: Mormons and Catholics alike believe in helping immigrants

As long as you resettle them in Utah and have the LDS and Catholics support and provide for them, I'm fine with it. Just don't sign any of them up for entitlement programs or government assistance to which they have no labor and sweat investment themselves.

As long as you resettle them in Utah and have the LDS and Catholics support and provide for them, I'm fine with it. Just don't sign any of them up for entitlement programs or government assistance to which they have no labor and sweat investment themselves.
Nice thought but it doesn't work that away as once they get tired of the Mormons they will migrate to wherever you are.

• Banned

Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Utah is good, because most of the year I am goofing in the Texas Hill Country and near Jasper (fishing camp) in East Texas.

Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Utah is good, because most of the year I am goofing in the Texas Hill Country and near Jasper (fishing camp) in East Texas.
So it is okay for whoever to take them because you won't personally be dealing with them?

• Banned

So it is okay for whoever to take them because you won't personally be dealing with them?
That is certainly your opinion above.

Get ready for a Trump president Jake cause Hillary ain't going to make it.

no one person can be individually the multi-cultural systems, that means ghettos and pigs, aka the political plantations of the democratic party. that's what it boils down to. it might be helpful to the democratic party if they just let other nations build their own statues of liberty along the east and west coasts, all facing inland with giant middle fingers instead of torches. that seems to be what freedom means to them.

• Banned
Ozone, does your head hurt. What you are chanting might apply sixt years ago. And Americans know that Trump is not the answer to the immigration issue.

Then you probable not understand this either.
  • Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.
  • The annual outlay that illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers is an average amount per native-headed household of $1,117. The fiscal impact per household varies considerably because the greatest share of the burden falls on state and local taxpayers whose burden depends on the size of the illegal alien population in that locality
  • Education for the children of illegal aliens constitutes the single largest cost to taxpayers, at an annual price tag of nearly $52 billion. Nearly all of those costs are absorbed by state and local governments.
  • At the federal level, about one-third of outlays are matched by tax collections from illegal aliens. At the state and local level, an average of less than 5 percent of the public costs associated with illegal immigration is recouped through taxes collected from illegal aliens.
  • Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns. Many are also claiming tax credits resulting in payments from the U.S. Treasury.
  • The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)

They also believe in helping themselves to government hand outs.
In discussions about Warren Jeffs and the FLDS (Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) church the topic of “bleeding the beast,” or taking advantage of government money, often comes up. A former polygamist sect member, Laurie Allen, talked about it in an interview on In Session. Allen produced "Banking on Heaven," a documentary about the FLDS under Jeffs’ leadership. During our interview last week, Allen claimed the FLDS collects food stamps and other forms of public assistance because many of the women technically are still single. In the FLDS, multiple women are often “celestially married” to one man, with only one of the women being legally married to their collective husband. That means the other illegitimate wives can collect assistance for themselves and their children.
Bleeding the Beast: Polygamist sect accused of abusing welfare | HLNtv.com

That's typical Progressive behavior

Good gawd you are stupid

Then you probable not understand this either.
  • Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level. The bulk of the costs — some $84 billion — are absorbed by state and local governments.
  • The annual outlay that illegal aliens cost U.S. taxpayers is an average amount per native-headed household of $1,117. The fiscal impact per household varies considerably because the greatest share of the burden falls on state and local taxpayers whose burden depends on the size of the illegal alien population in that locality
  • Education for the children of illegal aliens constitutes the single largest cost to taxpayers, at an annual price tag of nearly $52 billion. Nearly all of those costs are absorbed by state and local governments.
  • At the federal level, about one-third of outlays are matched by tax collections from illegal aliens. At the state and local level, an average of less than 5 percent of the public costs associated with illegal immigration is recouped through taxes collected from illegal aliens.
  • Most illegal aliens do not pay income taxes. Among those who do, much of the revenues collected are refunded to the illegal aliens when they file tax returns. Many are also claiming tax credits resulting in payments from the U.S. Treasury.
  • The Fiscal Burden of Illegal Immigration on United States Taxpayers (2013)

Good gawd you are stupid
Says the brain damaged supposed libertarian who keeps banging his head against the wall. :lol:

The point is this: the 11 million illegals are not leaving in any mass deportation. Families are not going to be separated. EOs can't do it, and the courts won't allow it.

Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.

Get these people into the tax system.

Good gawd you are stupid
Says the brain damaged supposed libertarian who keeps banging his head against the wall. :lol:

The point is this: the 11 million illegals are not leaving in any mass deportation. Families are not going to be separated. EOs can't do it, and the courts won't allow it.

Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.

I have as much in common with a libertarian as you do with a republican, fake.
Fuck your bullshit. I have TRIED To have a one on one debate with you about this and you are a damn chicken shit.
There is NO point in continuing failed policies. That is fucking insane.
Are you insane, fake?

Good gawd you are stupid

Fuck your bullshit. I have TRIED To have a one on one debate with you about this and you are a damn chicken shit.
Are you insane, fake?
Hit a nerve, huh. :itsok: Don't dish it if you can't take it, whiner. :lol:

Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.

Good gawd you are stupid

Are you insane, fake?
Hit a nerve, huh. :itsok: Don't dish it if you can't take it, whiner. :lol:

Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.
whats your idea of reforming?

Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.
That would have to be a consensus bill out of Congress. The reform part would have to include paying back taxes, felons deported, and families not separated (if a felon in the family is deported, then the family has to make its decision to let the person go or to go with person). At the very least for me none of it can work without e-veryify and a more secure border.

Last edited:
Sure, whatever the laws allow and prohibit. Here is the best answer to the OP: Create a tough e-verify law with the fangs of a dire wolf, a more secure border, and a true reform immigration program.
That would have to be a consensus bill out of Congress. The reform part would have to include paying back taxes, felons deported, and families not separated (if a felon in the family is deported, then the family has to make its decision to let the person go or to go with person). At the very least for me none of it can work without e-veryify and a more secure border.[/QUOTE]
soooo you basically just want amnesty. A historical failure. Why do you support failure?

Forum List

Back