A simple economic lesson... raise capital gains to 43% will do what?

LOL, I have went around on this totally bogus made up complete B.S. of an argument so many times and on top of that you know it is but you just couldn't stop yourself because you have NO valid argument.

There is no double taxation but you (and everyone else) knows that.
and there's my win. Losing control is a well known demofk tactic.

The real answer is have government spending so low that it is not a burden on anybody.
That's the problem. Government is too large. We have our hand open for the world to steal. We have our military committed to protect the world. We have our politicians bought and sold. We have our courts and schools under the power of radicals.

We are a paper tiger that is prime for fall.

to the OP, raising capital gains will increase cost of goods around the country. It will deplete 401k funds from millions of hard working americans. And does nothing to impact the lazy people who drink and smoke all day.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
Lose control? I'm simply making fun of your inability to frame a valid argument.
My argument is as valid as anything you wrote. You don't get authority over my statements like your some overlord! There is no such thing as equal, capital gains is taxing money twice. How I earn on an investment with my money is due to my effort. The government deserves none of what I make.

"Unintended Consequences"...
1) Analyses show that every 10% gain in the capital gains tax rate leads to a 7% change in capital gains realizations. That suggests Biden’s rate increase — which represents a 66% effective increase in the rate, could lead to a 45% to 50% increase in capital gains sales, which could create a large downward force in the market.
So this would mean 401K fund managers would be selling easily 50% reduction in values.
So what are 401ks value today:
About one-third of U.S. adults (35%) said they personally owned stocks, bonds or mutual funds outside of retirement accounts in a Pew Research Center survey from September 2019.
With 39% of the $6 trillion total 401K assets invested in the market..or about $2.4 Trillion will be at risk of dropping at least 50% in value.
Now that is just the affect on stock market and then on 401ks and then on the 60 million Americans with 401ks.
Now what about jobs in America?
At one point under Trump

U.S. companies have repatriated $1 trillion since tax overhaul​

Corporations have brought back more than $1 trillion of overseas profits to the U.S. since Congress overhauled the international tax system and prodded companies to repatriate offshore funds, a report showed Thursday. (snip)
Investment banks and think tanks have estimated that American corporations held $1.5 trillion to $2.5 trillion in offshore cash at the time the law was enacted. Before the overhaul, companies were incentivized to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore.
The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.
Compare and contrast the way that Presidents Trump and Obama chose to stimulate the American economy, each of them generating roughly a trillion dollars in “stimulus.”
In summary folks... all the economic benefits of the "repatriation" and the capital gains tax cuts will result in nearly $10 trillion in economic losses to 60 million Americans at the minimum!

Just wait until these mental midgets and those that support them eliminate the step-up basis on inherited assets to go along with the capital gains hikes. The government will take much of Granny's house that she left to them, but most won't even realize WHY they are giving away Granny's house. Democrats rely on ignorant sheep...and there are a LOT of them.

son, you have no clue how shit works. You think xiden builds your roads. We have fking local authorities that take care of our roads. Our entire infrastructure at that. When the fk will you get an education?
Please tell us all then what the Highway Trust Fund is used for then?

Just wait until these mental midgets and those that support them eliminate the step-up basis on inherited assets to go along with the capital gains hikes. The government will take much of Granny's house that she left to them, but most won't even realize WHY they are giving away Granny's house. Democrats rely on ignorant sheep...and there are a LOT of them.
The average granny has over $11.7 million in assets? I did not know that.

No I just wanted to verify that you think you know everything and only people that are left of center are always 100% wrong.

This country didn't get to be a fucked up bloated debt ridden welfare state by people making the right decisions at the ballot box.. It got that way because the idiots were either too dumb to know who they were electing or too idiotic to know what they were electing.

For instance, how fucking stupid could you possibly be to think that this Joe Potatohead was going to make a good President? Really?

This country didn't get to be a fucked up bloated debt ridden welfare state by people making the right decisions at the ballot box.. It got that way because the idiots were either too dumb to know who they were electing or too idiotic to know what they were electing.

For instance, how fucking stupid could you possibly be to think that this Joe Potatohead was going to make a good President? Really?
I should have known better. Your typical pattern is to not answer an inquiry, then somehow bring Biden into the discussion usually while bringing in some regurgitated material. How pathetic.

The average granny has over $11.7 million in assets? I did not know that.

Ah, to be so naive. Do you seriously think they won't eliminate the step-up for everyone or severely lower the amount? Once you eliminated the step-up for some it will continue to be lowered. The entire premise is wrong. It is just another death tax, which is WRONG.

I should have known better. Your typical pattern is to not answer an inquiry, then somehow bring Biden into the discussion usually while bringing in some regurgitated material. How pathetic.
Biden is the heart of the discussion. He wants a 43% capital gain tax!

Ah, to be so naive. Do you seriously think they won't eliminate the step-up for everyone or severely lower the amount? Once you eliminated the step-up for some it will continue to be lowered. The entire premise is wrong. It is just another death tax, which is WRONG.
Even if they do lower the threshold to say $7 million, it isnt affecting all that many more people. But all of this is immaterial because if you have a half decent estate planner, you can simply avoid the "death tax" with insurance based financial products.

My argument is as valid as anything you wrote. You don't get authority over my statements like your some overlord! There is no such thing as equal, capital gains is taxing money twice. How I earn on an investment with my money is due to my effort. The government deserves none of what I make.

Since you are wrong and you know you are wrong there is nothing further to discuss. You would rather knowingly be wrong than change your biases. Whatever.

I just used Potatohead as an example of an idiot being elected by really stupid people. There are plenty of other examples like Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee or this AOC bitch.

It takes a real moron to not understand that Left polices fuck this country.

The Democrat Party is a coalition of all the scum of this country; Negroes that vote their race and welfare check, Illegals, Queers, Environmental Wackos, Anti gun Nuts, Feminazis, Union Bosses, Welfare Queens, Moon Bats and confused college kids and their bat shit crazy Marxist professors.

Last edited:
It won’t make a dent. Until Americans realize that government accounting is no better, actually worse, than that of Enron’s the never ending mantra of tax the have’s will always remain their only solution, or moronic excuse, in perpetuating the fraud, sadly people buy it hook line and sinker. It shouldn’t worry anyone, we are now fully committed to Modern Monetary Theory and monetizing the currency.

Biden is the heart of the discussion. He wants a 43% capital gain tax!
43% cap gains tax for everyone? Stop being hysterical and also stop lying. The cap gain tax increase would only apply to three-tenths of 1% of all Americans. I know math is hard for you but what this means is it doesnt really affect all that many people. If you make over $537k a year, you'd pay the *****39.6%***** (additional INIT tax only on amounts over $200k) cap gains tax on short term gains and if have long term gains over $1 million, you'd pay the proposed top 43.6.6% rate (everyone pays the included INIT tax).

The smart investors will not sell if they are planning to hold their assets for any significant amount of time. Hysterical people like you will of course sell, but then what? YOu going to put whatever little money you have under your mattress?

I just used Potatohead as an example of an idiot being elected by really stupid people. There are plenty of other example like Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee or this AOC bitch.

It takes a real moron to not understand that Left polices fuck this country.

The Democrat Party is a coalition of all the scum of this country; Negroes that vote their race and welfare check, Illegals, Queers, Environmental Wackos, Anti gun Nuts, Feminazis, Union Bosses, Welfare Queens, Moon Bats and confused college kids and their bat shit crazy Marxist professors.
Ah yes, I forgot your usual blaming of "the others" and "Moon Bats". Cant leave too many posts out without including that. You can never hide your racism for too long. You are a pathetic piece of shit.

Value stocks are going to become extremely popular again. A lot of value stocks are currently undervalued...p/e ratios of 5-7 with 8% dividends annually. Growth stocks will of course tank.... especially the ones with triple digit p/e ratios. (Not enough earnings).

No one will touch anything without real earnings and dividends. And of course options will be a loser's market because it's all about capital gains. We also will have some capital infusion from foreign investors who will flow into the American markets because of the strong dollar policy....

Which is confusing at the moment because they say one thing and do another...

All income should be taxed at the exact same rate, whatever percentage that is decided to be. Manual labor or Capital Gains should be the same.
An excellent example of creating a caste system, the poor remain poor and the wealthy will thrive. Then, of course the death tax will be eliminated, establishing a Royalty. Yep, your way of thinking - so to speak - will put our nation back five centuries.

Forum List

Back