A simple economic lesson... raise capital gains to 43% will do what?

when you disagreed with my post.

I disagreed with your statement. Your statement mentioned nothing about the 1%. Taxing Capital Gains the same as labor has nothing to do with what you said. It has to do with fair taxation.

Wall Street failed in 2008 because the idiot Democrats passed that stupid CRA that used government influence to put pressure on lenders to give credit to people that had neither the inclination or means to it back. It destroyed the housing market and everything came crashing down.

But of course The Worthless Negro bailed out his Wall Street buddies that gave him a shitload of campaign donations.

You are clueless. Seriously.

"Unintended Consequences"...
1) Analyses show that every 10% gain in the capital gains tax rate leads to a 7% change in capital gains realizations. That suggests Biden’s rate increase — which represents a 66% effective increase in the rate, could lead to a 45% to 50% increase in capital gains sales, which could create a large downward force in the market.
So this would mean 401K fund managers would be selling easily 50% reduction in values.
So what are 401ks value today:
About one-third of U.S. adults (35%) said they personally owned stocks, bonds or mutual funds outside of retirement accounts in a Pew Research Center survey from September 2019.
With 39% of the $6 trillion total 401K assets invested in the market..or about $2.4 Trillion will be at risk of dropping at least 50% in value.
Now that is just the affect on stock market and then on 401ks and then on the 60 million Americans with 401ks.
Now what about jobs in America?
At one point under Trump

U.S. companies have repatriated $1 trillion since tax overhaul​

Corporations have brought back more than $1 trillion of overseas profits to the U.S. since Congress overhauled the international tax system and prodded companies to repatriate offshore funds, a report showed Thursday. (snip)
Investment banks and think tanks have estimated that American corporations held $1.5 trillion to $2.5 trillion in offshore cash at the time the law was enacted. Before the overhaul, companies were incentivized to keep profits overseas because they owed a 35% tax when bringing it back and could defer payment by keeping funds offshore.
The law set a one-time 15.5% tax rate on cash and 8% on non-cash or illiquid assets.
Compare and contrast the way that Presidents Trump and Obama chose to stimulate the American economy, each of them generating roughly a trillion dollars in “stimulus.”
In summary folks... all the economic benefits of the "repatriation" and the capital gains tax cuts will result in nearly $10 trillion in economic losses to 60 million Americans at the minimum!
The axiomatic answer: tax something, you get less of it.

The consequences aren't unintended.

If you vote for a big government candidate like a fucking Democrat or RINO then that pretty well makes you an idiot.
No I just wanted to verify that you think you know everything and only people that are left of center are always 100% wrong.

I disagreed with your statement. Your statement mentioned nothing about the 1%. Taxing Capital Gains the same as labor has nothing to do with what you said. It has to do with fair taxation.
what's fair? There's absolutely no definition of fair. I've asked over and over and over and over and not one poster in here has ever answered fair. Again, demofks don't want fair, they want suffering and destruction of hard working americans. That's always been my position.

what's fair? There's absolutely no definition of fair. I've asked over and over and over and over and not one poster in here has ever answered fair. Again, demofks don't want fair, they want suffering and destruction of hard working americans. That's always been my position.

Fair is as I said. Equal.

So we have to deal with realities. Do you not think if taxes were higher that people might not pay more attention to spending?
"People" would, but government wouldn't.

Government will raise taxes, and then find new ways to spend more money.

What needs to happen is for government to stop wasting so much money and find ways to cut taxes. In fact, that should always be the mission of government, to work to become more efficient and to try to take as little of our money (read: labor) as possible.

The problem that people lose sight of is, it's so normal now that people just kind of have gotten used to it. They see this big organization out there "working on our behalf" and they say "yeah, we need to give them more of our money so they can do more for us!". Government has also gotten used to this. They see a big pile of money and they don't make the connection of where it came from. They just think "hey, we got all this money, let's spend it all on things WE THINK would be good for the country. What they NEED to be thinking is "this is the people's money, we need to use it wisely and try to take as little from them as possible".

It's become so common place that people lose sight of the fact that your money represents your time and labor. I think most people work about 30% of their hours in a year for free! That's working to give money to the government. I would think our government would be more mindful of that.

No I just wanted to verify that you think you know everything and only people that are left of center are always 100% wrong.
well technically, that's correct. When a demofk can't listen to anyone, they've decided only their ways are allowed. We know it, we live it. my god, where do you live?

"People" would, but government wouldn't.

Government will raise taxes, and then find new ways to spend more money.

What needs to happen is for government to stop wasting so much money and find ways to cut taxes. In fact, that should always be the mission of government, to work to become more efficient and to try to take as little of our money (read: labor) as possible.

The problem that people lose sight of is, it's so normal now that people just kind of have gotten used to it. They see this big organization out there "working on our behalf" and they say "yeah, we need to give them more of our money so they can do more for us!". Government has also gotten used to this. They see a big pile of money and they don't make the connection of where it came from. They just think "hey, we got all this money, let's spend it all on things WE THINK would be good for the country. What they NEED to be thinking is "this is the people's money, we need to use it wisely and try to take as little from them as possible".

It's become so common place that people lose sight of the fact that your money represents your time and labor. I think most people work about 30% of their hours in a year for free! That's working to give money to the government. I would think our government would be more mindful of that.

You can't "cut taxes" and address a $30 trillion dollar deficit.

The highest bracket in the 50's was 90% during one of the greatest economic booms in American history. That was deemed fair.

The "hard working Americans" that you are referring to will not feel a tax increase. You somehow conflate the wealthiest of Americans with the "hard working Americans". It's pretty amazing.

New Topics

Forum List

Back