A Question for Rightwingers

Would you support mandated concealed carry?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"The largest tax increase in American history" yep the democrats pulled off a good one today.

that's right willow... get them talking points dowwwwwwwwwwn...rush will be so proud of you.

I'd still like to see a link... I think there has been larger taxes levied - like 9 cents a gallon on gas for road work.

The government should not be mandating anything. Be it health care insurance or concealed carry.
Again, these things should be left up to the individual.

how about forcing women to have an internal sonogram?

or carry a pregnancy to term?
Internal songrams, up to 12 weeks, are the best objective and immediate method to determine gestational age. In a state where elective abortions are illegal after 12 weeks, you can bet that it's in the physician's best interest to have such an objective determination of gestational age...if he wants to keep his license, that is.

(And, I'd guess that the abortion itself is more unpleasant than an internal sonogram.)

I know a lot of you have a gun thing going on...

how many of you would support the idea of mandated concealed carry?

by gun thing, are you saying we sleep with our weapons, or that we support the 2nd amendment?

i think that would depend on which poster i was talking to.

my husband's are locked up where they're supposed to be.
And if anyone, God forbid, breaks into your home, they'll wait patiently while your husband unlocks the gun safe?

The government should not be mandating anything. Be it health care insurance or concealed carry.

Is this about gun control or your obsession with abortion rights.

Short live Dr. Tiller.

it is simply a thread about being compelled to do things we don't want to do.

thanks for the heads up that you think murdering doctors is ok. can't say i'm surprised.

Internal songrams, up to 12 weeks, are the best objective and immediate method to determine gestational age. In a state where elective abortions are illegal after 12 weeks, you can bet that it's in the physician's best interest to have such an objective determination of gestational age...if he wants to keep his license, that is.

(And, I'd guess that the abortion itself is more unpleasant than an internal sonogram.)

it's intended as a means of harassing women

because if a doctor wants his patient to have one, HE or SHE will ORDER ONE... not a bunch of old rabid men in the legislature.

"The largest tax increase in American history" yep the democrats pulled off a good one today.

that's right willow... get them talking points dowwwwwwwwwwn...rush will be so proud of you.

I'd still like to see a link... I think there has been larger taxes levied - like 9 cents a gallon on gas for road work.

Really???

Was .09 cents a gallon 2/3's of the American economy???

The Biggest Tax Increase In U.S. History? - Forbes.com

written in 2010, an accurate assessment since nothing in this bill has changed except now the truth is out about it being a tax hike,,

Or carry a pregnancy to term?
internal songrams, up to 12 weeks, are the best objective and immediate method to determine gestational age. In a state where elective abortions are illegal after 12 weeks, you can bet that it's in the physician's best interest to have such an objective determination of gestational age...if he wants to keep his license, that is.

(and, i'd guess that the abortion itself is more unpleasant than an internal sonogram.)

nonsense...

link?

because if a doctor wants his patient to have one, HE or SHE will ORDER ONE... not a bunch of old rabid men in the legislature.

they're not in the legislature, they walked out today. cowards

Is this about gun control or your obsession with abortion rights.

Short live Dr. Tiller.

it is simply a thread about being compelled to do things we don't want to do.

thanks for the heads up that you think murdering doctors is ok. can't say i'm surprised.

Good to know you don't mind making stuff up in an effort to look smart.

I am sorry to tell you that after 42,000 posts, you have not succeeded.

Your poll is about gun control. And so is the thread title. Can't imagine where I got that from ?

For the record, AZ executed a man for killing an abortion doctor. I fully support that.

Wasn't sorry to see Dr. Tiller go. I would have prefered someone suck out his brains while he was alive to feel it....but we can't all have our way.

Wasn't sorry to see Ted Kennedy go either. I only wish it would have been more slow and painful for him.

so you shouldn't have to buy auto insurance, unemployment insurance (if you'r an employer) pay tolls,... heck you can always not go to that next state over. right?
See, if I don't drive, no one is going to penalize me for not purchasing auto insurance. If I don't work, no one is going to charge me unemployment insurance. If I don't take a toll road, I won't have to pay a toll.

But the ONLY way I could get out of being penalized for Obama's unconstitutional mandate, was to die.

Apples and bulldozers.

not really... do you think there's any chance in hell that you won't ever be sick? won't ever need health insurance?

truth is you and i are already covered... it won't effect us in the least. and i'd wager that most of the whining hoards are covered too, given that approximately 80% of us, iirc, have health insurance of one type or another. the others run up our costs and should pay their share.

but perhaps, si, you can explalin to me, why was this perfectly acceptable, as personal responsibility, when the heritage foundation came up with the plan, and when romney enacted it in Massachusetts? is a state making you do something less onerous than the feds? or is it just less onorous for the whining hoards if the person signing it into law has an R after their name?
Actually, a state doing it IS less onerous than the feds doing it, to me.

I don't believe this won't affect me.

And, although I agree reform was needed, what the Democrats and Obama came up with is not only not a good solution, it's just not viable.

The court was absolutely correct to disallow this sort of mandate for NOT doing something.

It was bad law and it still is. I would say they can do better, but I have seen no reason to believe they can.

But, thanks to the SCOTUS, they get a Mulligan. Let's see if this tee shot makes it out of the tips this time.

Last edited:
Then you won't mind abortion being made illegal? You still have the choice.

I don't like it no matter whose idea it was. The Federal government has no business telling people they have to buy stuff.

so you shouldn't have to buy auto insurance, unemployment insurance (if you'r an employer) pay tolls,... heck you can always not go to that next state over. right?

Wow.... I thought you were smarter than this, but guess I was wrong.

Sure ya did. As often and strongly as you bad mouth the "stupid liberals", we're supposed to believe you thought Jillian was 'different'?

If I want insurance, I will make that decision...not a bunch of rabid old pinkos in the legislature.

If I want insurance, I will make that decision...not a bunch of rabid old pinkos in the legislature.

Hey! You need to keep the hell up. Jillian is pro choice just before she mandates what's good for you..

Sure ya did. As often and strongly as you bad mouth the "stupid liberals", we're supposed to believe you thought Jillian was 'different'?

Jillian and I have a history you don't know about... Believe me, she don't need you to defend her... she does just fine.

"stupid liberals"... does the shoe fit?

I am never going to deny that there are "stupid con$" as well... we all have moments of brilliance. This is just not one of Jillian's brilliant moments.

Jillian and I have a history you don't know about... Believe me, she don't need you to defend her... she does just fine.

"stupid liberals"... does the shoe fit?

I am never going to deny that there are "stupid con$" as well... we all have moments of brilliance. This is just not one of Jillian's brilliant moments.

"Does the shoe fit?"

Well gosh, hon; if you have to ask? We can just chat again when your ass isn't quite so chapped.

Have a lovely.

Forum List

Back