A Protestant told me she left the Catholic Church so she wouldn't have to sit next to a Vietnamese

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
woman, who she despised because she could see her bare feet through her thongs.

She joined a church that has crackers and grape juice at services, not bread wafers and wine.

I was thinking she was a racist, and also, she left the true celebration of the Eucharist to engage in a mockery involving the kind of food children are given at snack time in pre-school.

The thing is, Protestants have different churches for white people, black people, Korean people, Chinese people, Mexican people, but in the Catholic Church there is one Mass for all races, and we sit together in the pews like we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are.

The thing is, Protestants have different churches for white people, black people, Korean people, Chinese people, Mexican people, but in the Catholic Church there is one Mass for all races, and we sit together in the pews like we're all brothers and sisters in Christ, because we are.
your religion is better than hers. His is better than yours. Its a stupid cycle.

"my religion is better than yours. Even though the stupid and unnatural rules for priests cause them to molest little boys"
:rolleyes:

"my religion is better than yours. Even though the stupid and unnatural rules for priests cause them to molest little boys"
So you're saying pedophiles are men with normal sexual attraction to women, but somehow, they become pedophiles because they have no access to women?

That's probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

So you're saying pedophiles are men with normal sexual attraction to women, but somehow, they become pedophiles because they have no access to women?

That's probably one of the stupidest statements I've ever seen on this forum, and that's saying a lot.
When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Its not about homosexuality, its about availability.
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.

When are they alone with women? You think they are going to grab them by the pussy during Mass?
Dont get me wrong, i dont have a bone to pick with catholicism any more than any other religion. But to sit there and act like you are the shit? Give me a break.
Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.

Sometimes -- maybe lots of times -- men who do not feel sexual attraction to women go into the priesthood. Think about it. You know you will have to be celibate, can't marry. If you aren't attracted to women anyway, it's no great loss. So yes, there will be pedophiles and homosexuals in the priesthood.
I think the celibate thing is really over the top.

Sometimes -- maybe lots of times -- men who do not feel sexual attraction to women go into the priesthood. Think about it. You know you will have to be celibate, can't marry. If you aren't attracted to women anyway, it's no great loss. So yes, there will be pedophiles and homosexuals in the priesthood.
I think the celibate thing is really over the top.
Pedophiles also go into other professions where they have easy access to children: Boy Scout leader, coach, teacher, rabbi, minister, there is nothing unique or especially dangerous about a Catholic priest compared to these other professions. Celibacy is not the factor here, it is pedophiles manipulating themselves into positions of trust over children. Even if they changed the rules and allowed priests to marry, that would have no impact on men who are attracted to children. Many pedophiles are married.

Any way, it seems like I can't start a Catholic thread without someone diverting it to a thread about the sex scandal. Maybe you should start your own thread if you want to talk about that, instead of hijacking mine.

I was thought communion wafers tasted terrible. :lol:

Heterosexual priests have plenty of access to women, and I'm sure some of them give in to temptation.

But attraction to children is a sexual deviation, it is not caused by Church rules, it is caused by a personality disorder and it may be because that person was sexually molested himself as a child.

A heterosexual priest is not going to start molesting children. You are stupid if you think that's the way sexual deviancy works.
Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Sexis is the most natural thing on the planet. For every species.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?

The wafer isn't so bad when you take it with wine, which many people don't do. Maybe they're afraid they'll get germs from the cup.

Any way, it seems like I can't start a Catholic thread without someone diverting it to a thread about the sex scandal. Maybe you should start your own thread if you want to talk about that, instead of hijacking mine.
I was pointing out your religion isnt the best, like you like to play it.

I thought they tasted kind of good actually. But then again, anything would have tasted good after having to fast before receiving.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
[Q

Well.....yes and no.

Child molesters can be either heterosexual or homosexual in their orientation towards adults or children.

But if your point is to say that a child molester is different from a heterosexual or a homosexual because a child molester is attracted to children, while a heterosexual or homosexual is attracted to adults- then I mostly agree with you.

I was pointing out your religion isnt the best, like you like to play it.
Which religion is the best, in your opinion?

The world tells us that Christianity is dying out, but every time I go to Mass, the pews are full and people are standing in the back because there's not enough room to sit down.

Yes, its a personality disorder created from unnatural laws like not touching the opposite sex.
Sexis is the most natural thing on the planet. For every species.
Its uncanny to think restricting someone from natural cravings such as that isnt going to hurt them mentally.
Why is there such an abundance of priests molesting children and not baptist preachers? Why does the church hide it?
Actually, we had a protestant minister here commit suicide not too long ago after he was publicly accused of several incidents of pedophilia. Apparently they were true.
Blackrook is right that pedophiles will chose situations with access to children, as normal men will gravitate to places where they can meet women.
It is not in any way caused by forced celibacy. What turns us on sexually is not within our control. It is not something we choose. All people can do is choose how/whether to act upon it.
I wasn't implying most priests are pedophiles or even homosexual.

Forum List

Back