A preview of 2014 midterms

Zander

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2009
Los Angeles CA
San Diego elects Republican Mayor.

SAN DIEGO — Republican City Councilman Kevin Faulconer won a decisive victory over Democratic Councilman David Alvarez in the San Diego mayor’s race Tuesday, signaling a new chapter for the city after the scandal-plagued tenure of former Mayor Bob Filner.

Faulconer had 54.5 percent compared to Alvarez’s 45.5 percent of the vote with all precincts reporting.
Faulconer wins mayor's race | UTSanDiego.com

Keep in mind- San Diego voted for Obama 63 -37 percent only 15 months ago. :clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
The race is local, not a rejection of Obama but one of the previous mayor.

Not a foreshadowing of anything.

But I personally believe the GOP's chances of getting the Senate are getting better.

SAN DIEGO — Republican City Councilman Kevin Faulconer won a decisive victory over Democratic Councilman David Alvarez in the San Diego mayor’s race Tuesday, signaling a new chapter for the city after the scandal-plagued tenure of former Mayor Bob Filner.

Faulconer had 54.5 percent compared to Alvarez’s 45.5 percent of the vote with all precincts reporting.

Keep in mind- San Diego voted for Obama 63 -37 percent only 15 months ago. :clap2:

An early possible sign of the political tide turning.....:eusa_whistle:

Obamacare is one of those Nelson Mandela recycling tyres around the neck of each and every Democrat in search of each and every office. Along about November it will take but a spark of political lightning to demonstrate their efficiency.

I SO HOPENCHANGE that this is a Preview of Coming Attractions!

*sigh*

I wish party mattered less and personality mattered more.

Across the sea, people strive for exactly the opposite.

Because the cult of Hitler was based around a personality, the German parliamentary system is designed to have people vote for a party, usually not a person.

Each party has a large list of possible representatives.

Germans go to vote and get to vote twice for parliament.

Based on the percentages, each party then gets to have so many seats in the Parliament and the people who get seated are taken from the list, in order of seniority.

There are some representative seats in Germany that are called "direct mandate" seats, but most of them are filled from the list.

This takes personality out of german elections and places emphasis on party platforms.

just thought to pass that information along...

It looks like Kevin Faulconer (R) is a pretty good guy and will probably do a good job as Mayor -one of the few Republican mayors of a large city. Good for him, I wish him well and much success.

Unlike so many Righties, who pretty much wish death and destruction to the other side, I hope this guy has a successful term.

Kevin Faulconer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like a Moderate Republican to me.

It's way too soon to call the mid-term. The bad news about ACA will not be finished being published with audited numbers until the end of the second quarter, 6/30/14. The real bad news about excess subsidy recovery will not be known until 4/15/15. General employment effects will not be known until 3/31/15. It is doubtful in the extreme that enough ACA migration will happen prior to the end of 2015 for anyone to project how big an effect it will have on the 2016 elections. Plus there are exogenous facts:

The EU is right on the edge of a deflationary spiral at least according to the ECB. That has nothing to do with the ACA but will make the Euro example look bad and cause US unemployment to rise.

Wealthy Chinese are betting their fortunes on a Chinese crashlanding. Again that has nothing to do with the ACA but guess what will be blamed for US effects if that happens?

That CA is slowly losing its Aerospace hotspot in the Mojave desert is the result of poor retention because of the solitude not the overly narrow ACA networks gov. Moonbeam created. But what will be blamed?

So, relax and let Obama and the Ds form their circular fire squad.

And TPM is a yoke around the neck of the GOP.

From your loyal Democrat perspective that might well be your fondest dream. Whatever that stuff is, keep on smokin'.

My loyalist Republican perspective recognizes that the TeaPs are nothing but dead weight as we struggle for a Republican majority in the Senate.

The Democrats already have a Majority in the Senate. Don't you mean the house? :cuckoo:

Seriously, nobody here believes you are a Republican. Have some dignity. Stop making an ass of yourself.

Good for him! I don't think it has much bearing on the midterms frankly. Especially since most competitive races aren't in Latino-oriented regions.

Forum List

Back