A polite request for Democrats here - reject the view that “if you’re not black you don’t know what it’s like “

These are the college “educated” liberals you see you at the coffee shops and what not.

The types of so-called educated Americans that we are talking about live all throughout the country. The question is how many of them are there? One of them was a physical therapist of mine. I was telling her about how when I went through the Canadian border …. And somehow in the conversation she said it was easier for us white people to go through the border because we’re white.

So you have these types of Americans who will very casually say things like “ yeah because we’re white we don’t have to worry about dealing with police” ….. I don’t recall any Americans talking like this even five years ago. So just begs the question why is this race division/cancel culture happening. ? It’s not helping anybody and for the country say hopefully it goes away, and it will really be remembered as one of the dumbest fads ever
You "not recalling" is meaningless.

Joe Biden doesn't know what it's like being black. That's why he has come around to listening to what blacks have to say instead of dismissing what is said as some kind of race hustle.

Joe Biden doesn't know what it's like being black. That's why he has come around to listening to what blacks have to say instead of dismissing what is said as some kind of race hustle.
Wisdom keeps knocking on one's conscious with age.
Ms. Hill, a deeply private woman who does not often speak publicly about her experience, said she does not find Mr. Biden’s conduct disqualifying. “I’m really open to people changing,” she said.

But, she added, she cannot support Mr. Biden for president until he takes full responsibility for his conduct, including his failure to call as corroborating witnesses other women who were willing to testify before the Judiciary Committee. By leaving them out, she said, he created a “he said, she said” situation that did not have to exist.

“The focus on an apology, to me, is one thing,” Ms. Hill said. “But there needs to be an apology to the other witnesses and there needs to be an apology to the American public because we know now how deeply disappointed Americans around the country were about what they saw. And not just women. There are women and men now who have just really lost confidence in our government to respond to the problem of gender violence.”

Last edited:
"He called me," Obama said. "I told him it wasn't necessary. We have got more important things to worry about. We have got Iraq. We have got health care. We have got energy. This is low on the list."

"He was very gracious and I have no problem with Joe Biden," Obama added.

Later on Wednesday, Obama, in a written statement, said "I didn't take Sen. Biden's comments personally, but obviously they were historically inaccurate. African-American presidential candidates like Jesse Jackson, Shirley Chisholm, Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton gave a voice to many important issues through their campaigns, and no one would call them inarticulate."
In hindsight, it's clear that, aside from history, Obama knew much more about winning elections than Biden. Stick to explaining why you're the most qualified to handle the pressing issues of the day. Attack the message, not the woman or man. First promise the people candy. Once elected, screw the people. Keep talking big, but act only in the interests of those with the most power and deepest pockets.

Yeah, we sure got Iraq. We've got "health care" and "energy." Thanks Barack. Thanks Joe. :rolleyes:

I think, somewhere deep within, even FranklinRoosevelt_FTW knows he needs to just shut up and listen to people with real problems for a change. Who needs help now? How can those closest to the problem best assist? How can we solve problems by promoting grassroots cooperation and activism within our own communities?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
"If you're not black you don't know what it's like" is just another way for them to shut down a debate.

Anything that democrats say cannot stand up to scrutiny...NONE! So they have to shut down all debate.

It's the same as saying "OH MAN THAT'S BULLSHIT".
or "THAT'S NOT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT"
or "NOT ALL OF THEM"
or "THAT'S DIFFERENT"

It's just another meaningless saying they've been programmed with to believe they are correct...but not allow any scrutiny of their failed ideology.
"OH MAN THAT'S BULLSHIT" is the mantra of trump supporters, the "fake" expression that they
always fall back on when they have no answers and will not face the truth, even when evidence to the contrary is presented.

I’m asking all Democrats here to please reject the viewpoint that some Democrats say where they claim

“yeah we get it we’re white we don’t know what it’s like to be black” or if a black democrat says “white people you don’t know what it’s like to be me”

Thinking like this is not normal it is destructive towards society. I am white and I am in my 30s I was not born privileged. I’m not privileged, I’ve never owned slaves. My father, or grandfather did not own slaves.

Through history Black people owned slaves just like white people did. Black people were racist throughout history just like white people were.

And that type of thinking where if you are a white man and you hate yourself or if you are a black man and you think that Black people have never done anything throughout history and have always been slaves ….leads to a weak society any which way you look at it, regardless of where you feel about politics of this. That’s a fact regardless of what you feel about the politics if you are a black man or white man and you think it’s OK or healthy for a white man to believe that they themselves or their own ancestors have harmed Black people is wrong, you can call it crazy, it certainly has no place in America.

And so that’s why we have this debt ceiling issue, that’s why Republicans are able to look at the racial issues and take over votes from Democrats who are fed up with the far left. This is why we Democrats might lose the election in 2024 because of how far left the Democrats have gone with the transgender bathroom issues and the Black Lives Matter issues since 2021. It has truly gotten out of control and that’s why unless the Democrats don’t make a change on race we’re gonna lose in 2024. I will vote for Donald Trump or Ron DeSantis that’s just how it’s gonna be that how it’s gonna be for most Democrats unless maybe Robert F Kennedy Junior gets the nomination for the democrats..
What we’re gonna reject is people like you speaking for anyone, black or white

And the fact that you will vote for whatever Republican they throw in front of you is no surprise

What we’re gonna reject is people like you speaking for anyone, black or white

And the fact that you will vote for whatever Republican they throw in front of you is no surprise
I always appreciate it when people talk in terms of "we". It displays a sense of mindless groupthink rather than anything involving actual thought, instead.

If you actually DID reject the notion of not speaking for anybody other than yourself, you would not have used the term "we" since this is a contradiction by very nature.

I always appreciate it when people talk in terms of "we". It displays a sense of mindless groupthink rather than anything involving actual thought, instead.

If you actually DID reject the notion of not speaking for anybody other than yourself, you would not have used the term "we" since this is a contradiction by very nature.
Did you miss the OP...trying to tell Democrats how to think?

I think this thread shows that one race cannot understand what it like to be another race, ethnicity, or sex. Lets change it to do Men know what its like to be woman. If the answer is no then other races cannot know what its like to be a race that they are not. It doesn't mean that you can't have compassion or threat them as equals. It just means that people have different experiences and are treated differently by a few that make them who they are.

All men are created equal. Gee you would have thought that it would be all people are created equal if everybody knows what it like to be different.

I think that most Democrats accept differences and do not focus on it. The bigger picture is much bigger than the individual. Unfortunately history has shown that some do focus on the differences. The rest will rise above it.

More fun question do Republicans understand Democrats?

Last edited:
I think that most Democrats accept differences and do not focus on it.
That might be true of the rank and file (maybe) but those who they consistently vote into power, use those differences as a continuing means to stay in office.
I grew up in Mobile, Alabama during the George Wallace era. Hell, I shook his hand at a July 4th rally when I was about 7 or 8.
Since I began in public schools in 1968, I never attended a class without black kids. Desegregation was the single greatest success in changing the minds of a new generation from learned hate, to judging blacks on the observation of the fact that they were just like the rest of us.

That didn't end racism but it damned sure reduced the ability of average whites to mindlessly hate people for nothing more than their skin color. The sad reality is that the attacks against whites and the accusations of endemic racism will eventually undo all of the real progress of the 70s and 80s. Accuse people unjustly for long enough and they may just decide to do what they've been falsely accused of. Both whites and blacks of a certain generation know this, intuitively. The rest will relearn the lesson at great cost to us all.

Forum List

Back