A new bill in New York requires hairstylists to be trained in all hair textures

A bill?

This takes the decision out of the hands of the stylist.

Totalitarianism.

And y'all wonder why I love living in Flyover Country.

I hate to say it, but both sides have been putting forth some real zingers that I think is more of a waste of time and taxpayer dollars.
Why is this kinda shit even a thing????

This one out of Scott in FL over garlic and saying it's a national security risk????? Aren't we growing enough of our own garlic without having to import it from of all places CHINA???

You have not given a compelling reason for government intervention into hair styling

This isnt a life or death issue
If one uses the wrong chemicals on a scalp it can lead to serious health concerns, don’t believe me go dump a gallon of Clorox on your head and report back to us. A licensed hairstylist should have an understanding of all hair types the fact that they didn’t want a failure that is being rectified.

I hate to say it, but both sides have been putting forth some real zingers that I think is more of a waste of time and taxpayer dollars.
Why is this kinda shit even a thing????

This one out of Scott in FL over garlic and saying it's a national security risk????? Aren't we growing enough of our own garlic without having to import it from of all places CHINA???

Yeah, that would be an excellent place to insert some common sense.

Anyone with enough space for a pot in a sunny window can grow enough garlic to fill most family needs.

I still can't figure out why cities cannot create municipal food gardens. Any block that has a planting strip next to the street could easily grow, for example, all the garlic they need, and it's just about the easiest plant to grow.

Anyone with enough space for a pot in a sunny window can grow enough garlic to fill most family needs.

I still can't figure out why cities cannot create municipal food gardens. Any block that has a planting strip next to the street could easily grow, for example, all the garlic they need, and it's just about the easiest plant to grow.

I would like to see cities plant fruit trees instead of the decorative ones they typically plant along streets

Democratic New York Senator Jamaal Bailey understands firsthand how challenging it is to find a hair stylist trained in his hair texture.

He told Allure magazine he often runs into scenarios where he’s not in his neighborhood but in need of a quick tape-up or shape-up — and left debating who around him might be qualified.

“The struggle is real,” he said.

This is partly why, in April, he introduced Bill S6528A, a new law in New York state that will require all hair stylists to be trained in all textures.

“It’s not only common sense; [it’s] the right thing to do,” Sen. Bailey told Allure when speaking about the new law. He added, “It’s personal.”

And Progs don't understand why we despise them.
What is next?

Will all restaurants have to serve American, soul, Mexican, Chinese, Iranian, etc. food?

Oh great. Now we are going to get a big infux of New York hair stylist here in Florida. Just what we need, more damn New Yorkers.

True..........but we still have enough farms out there to provide plenty for everyone without needing it imported.

I just think anyone and everyone in DC has lost their fricken brains, making laws over some the most stupidest stuff ever

Democratic New York Senator Jamaal Bailey understands firsthand how challenging it is to find a hair stylist trained in his hair texture.

He told Allure magazine he often runs into scenarios where he’s not in his neighborhood but in need of a quick tape-up or shape-up — and left debating who around him might be qualified.

“The struggle is real,” he said.

This is partly why, in April, he introduced Bill S6528A, a new law in New York state that will require all hair stylists to be trained in all textures.

“It’s not only common sense; [it’s] the right thing to do,” Sen. Bailey told Allure when speaking about the new law. He added, “It’s personal.”

This is another attack on White people, namely White hair stylists and barbers.

You have not given a compelling reason for government intervention into hair styling

This isnt a life or death issue
Wait, a "compelling reason" to you means it has to be a life and death issue for "government intervention?"

This will result in a shortage of hair stylists. A lot of states have been doing away with these onerous licensing requirements because they are largely protectionism for an elite few.
What's "onerous?"

How does this protect "an elite few?"

Make this make sense.

tenor.gif

True..........but we still have enough farms out there to provide plenty for everyone without needing it imported.

I just think anyone and everyone in DC has lost their fricken brains, making laws over some the most stupidest stuff ever

Right on the MONEY!

Man, I'm lucky. I live about 20 miles from a very cool Hutterite colony and they grow the BEST garlic! I buy a bag and press it, mix it with olive oil, store it in little 4 ounce jars, and it keeps me for several months.

---Next up: New York State will require all Ford and GM mechanics to also be trained in repairing exotic German/Italian race cars including Bugatti, Jaguar and Lamborghini so that no passing state senators be inconvenienced if their V-12 XKE breaks down while on the road.

If one uses the wrong chemicals on a scalp it can lead to serious health concerns, don’t believe me go dump a gallon of Clorox on your head and report back to us. A licensed hairstylist should have an understanding of all hair types the fact that they didn’t want a failure that is being rectified.
Are chemicals on a black scalp more dangerous?

I dont think do

Wait, a "compelling reason" to you means it has to be a life and death issue for "government intervention?"
Government needs a good reason for intervening

So far none has been given here

Government needs a good reason for intervening

So far none has been given here
All you did was repeat the same circular reason.

Care to expound?

What makes something a "compelling reason?"

They are not forced to learn everything, having a general understanding and training on the basics of all hair textures for a professional hair stylist is common sense.
Let the shop owners decide. Why is the government sticking its nose to dictate what type of hairstyle hairstylists need to learn. If the shop owner has no hairstylists to style African style hair, loss of customer.

I would prefer government pass legislation that no one should be forced to wait for more than 20 at DMV.

Let the shop owners decide. Why is the government sticking its nose to dictate what type of hairstyle hairstylists need to learn. If the shop owner has no hairstylists to style African style hair, loss of customer.

I would prefer government pass legislation that no one should be forced to wait for more than 20 at DMV.
Because the state is the one issuing the license. Why should should someone who wishes to cut just as you put it African styles pay extra for that? Why should they be forced to learn how to cut European hair? The business owner can still decide who they hire and what type of hair they will specialize in. If the state is going to require a license to be a hairstylist that person should be educated in all hairstyles

Forum List

Back