A job interview at Home Depot

Andrew36

Nov 28, 2022
At the Home Depot here in Manchester, New Hampshire...
They asked me how it is that I struggle more to do the same jobs here that I did so well in Arkansas and generally down south.

So I said...
Can I feel free to be honest with you ?
He said please do.

I told him that first of all, New Hampshire is politically very radically different than the South or in Arkansas.
New Hampshire is a very, very pro-employee state, by American standards..
That means that managers have much more to lose, and so they pass off their problems onto the employees....
Because the managers can't do any better than a grade A, quality professional job, they compensate for this by placing more and more and more demands onto the employees.

Suppose I get hurt on the job...
New Hampshire isn't going to say that Andrew made the error, he has health insurance, let him Unfuck himself...
New Hampshire is going to say that the Manager should have done this, this, that, this and this and that better in some way.
That makes the management here in New Hampshire more afraid of life.

That hurts my ability not necessarily to do my job, but to satisfy the management.
What I do hurts my management here, more than it does myself...
So the management is tougher on their employees here...
That hurts my job.

He asked me how so..

I said that the Managers here in Northeast, and New Hampshire is no different...
They micromanage, they're tough and strict, they're more hands on with their employees, they're much less patient with their employees...

They sometimes mistreat their employees.

The second thing is...
This is low level work, menial labor.

Down south, menial labor dominates the marketplace..
Here in New Hampshire where the economy is more mature, it brings in the stars that come out night to cause their problems in the streets at night.
The menial labor brings them here during the day.

This is because most people here have a college degree or a trade school certificate, who is left doing the menial labor ?

This makes my work here more dangerous to myself than it is down south, doing the same job.

I'm not 100% sure if number two is exactly true, but I feel that I should be cautious of it or take it under consideration.

They asked me how it is that I struggle more to do the same jobs here that I did so well in Arkansas and generally down south.

So I said...
He said please do.

I told him that first of all, New Hampshire is politically very radically different than the South or in Arkansas.
That means that managers have much more to lose, and so they pass off their problems onto the employees....
Because the managers can't do any better than a grade A, quality professional job, they compensate for this by placing more and more and more demands onto the employees.

New Hampshire isn't going to say that Andrew made the error, he has health insurance, let him Unfuck himself...
New Hampshire is going to say that the Manager should have done this, this, that, this and this and that better in some way.

That hurts my ability not necessarily to do my job, but to satisfy the management.
That hurts my job.

He asked me how so..

I said that the Managers here in Northeast, and New Hampshire is no different...
They micromanage, they're tough and strict, they're more hands on with their employees, they're much less patient with their employees...

The second thing is...

Here in New Hampshire where the economy is more mature, it brings in the stars that come out night to cause their problems in the streets at night.

This is because most people here have a college degree or a trade school certificate, who is left doing the menial labor ?

This makes my work here more dangerous to myself than it is down south, doing the same job.

I'm not 100% sure if number two is exactly true, but I feel that I should be cautious of it or take it under consideration.
Moving back to Arkansas (if you ever lived there) soon?

So I said...
He said please do.

That hurts my job.

He asked me how so..

The second thing is...

So you work at Home Depot and want to wax intellectual? Here's your sign.

:lame2:

So I said...
He said please do.

That hurts my job.

He asked me how so..

The second thing is...

In other words the South appreciates your labor and the Northerners are pieces of shit pretending to care but have not one clue what it's like really.

So I said...
He said please do.

That hurts my job.

He asked me how so..

The second thing is...

First of all, no employer is going to say "Andrew made the error, he has health insurance, let him Unfuck himself". If you were injured on the job, Workman's Comp is who pays.

If menial labor is more scarce, it is worth more.

Perhaps if you worked as hard as you did in Arkansas you will succeed in NH.

BTW, my oldest son worked for Home Depot for about 8 years, and in two states. They treated him pretty well. Decent pay and benefits. He also managed to get promoted a few times.

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience at the Home Depot interview in Manchester. It sounds like the political and economic climate there has made it a bit more challenging for employees to excel at their jobs.
By the way, I recently stumbled upon one website that has some great resources for job interviews. Although it's geared more towards finance jobs, I think a lot of the advice can be applied to any industry.
In fact, I found that the Private Equity interview questions section was particularly helpful in preparing for job interviews. It covers everything from technical questions to behavioral questions and can help you feel more confident and prepared to go into your interview.
I'm new to this forum but excited to connect with others and share my personal experiences.

OIP.mBQ_2O8wkwtIvYVLzj5rzgHaLH

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience at the Home Depot interview in Manchester. It sounds like the political and economic climate there has made it a bit more challenging for employees to excel at their jobs.
By the way, I recently stumbled upon one website that has some great resources for job interviews. Although it's geared more towards finance jobs, I think a lot of the advice can be applied to any industry.
In fact, I found that the Private Equity interview questions section was particularly helpful in preparing for job interviews. It covers everything from technical questions to behavioral questions and can help you feel more confident and prepared to go into your interview.
I'm new to this forum but excited to connect with others and share my personal experiences.
You are new to this forum and already advertising your website!

I think I would enjoy working at Home Depot in either Flooring, plumbing or tools. I am VERY knowledgeable about all of those things but I have ZERO INTEREST in putting up with lazy co workers or worse, lazy bosses.

I think I would enjoy working at Home Depot in either Flooring, plumbing or tools. I am VERY knowledgeable about all of those things but I have ZERO INTEREST in putting up with lazy co workers or worse, lazy bosses.

My son worked at Home Depot after he graduated from college. I think you would be amazed at the idiot customers you would have to deal with.

Forum List

Back