A good week for Rights

The OP thought striking down Net Neutrality was a good idea just because Obama likes it...no other reason

Obama is a shill of the international banking cartel and the globalists. He is no different than Romney was, nor is he any different than Bush I, Bush II, or Clinton. To be for something just because a president is against something indicates a lack of independent thought or an inability to think critically.

Quite frankly, I am not so sure Obama is for net neutrality. Just because he SAYS he is for net neutrality doesn't mean he is.

Hilary Clinton said at one time she was opposed to some of the principals of NAFTA, yet she fully supported it. She was the major player in negotiating and drafting the TPP, which is more onerous and odious than NAFTA. It will do to the economy and America's sovereignty ten times over what NAFTA did to it.

Just because a politician says something, doesn't mean that is what they believe or will act on. They say things all the time to get elected. There is every indication that this administration purposely made these regulations very weak to destroy net neutrality. If you ask me? No, this administration IS NOT for net neutrality, it does not serve the interests of the NSA or the security state.

How do you win the war against Alternative Media? End Net Neutrality.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyjnEm8DZkI]Hillary Clinton: US Losing Information War to Alternative Media - YouTube[/ame]

Anyone who is in favor of striking down Net Neutrality is exposing themselves as a complete corporate shill. There is no other explanation for being against Net Neutrality.

Anyone who is in favor of striking down Net Neutrality is exposing themselves as a complete corporate shill. There is no other explanation for being against Net Neutrality.

"There is no other explanation....."

Well, true....if you are a product of government schooling.
Raise your paw.

Raise your paw.

There isn't. Give a single reason why you would be against Net Neutrality other than you want big business to pad their bottom line even further.

Go ahead. I'm sure you'll produce an amazing numbered list of points in support of the downfall of Net Neutrality.

It's a very easy exercise to figure out who wins and loses here, between consumers and the corporations.

Verizon filed the suit. Verizon won.

The government created the cartel, and now has given the cartel carte blanc on pricing in a competition free zone.

Everyone, and most of all free market advocates should be fuckin' livid.

Big business wins.

Small business, consumers and freedom of information lose.

"We already have the freest internet in the world" You'll have to say "had the freest internet in the world" if the principles of net neutrality are lost. I'd try to educate you on the subject but obviously your thick skull is already crammed to overflowing with fatuous Beckisms. One thing I can assure you if Verizon and their ilk have their way a lowly website like this won't survive the dollar driven bandwidth allotment.

It's more likely that in order to be a participant, should a site like this ones owners choose, would be a paid fee to get the content to cover the fees imposed by the ISP. And this will be the norm until people no longer want to participate in internet based commerce.

Everything will be affected by a the pricing schemes of a few giant, state sponsored corps like verizon, comcast, etc...

Judging by the dollar amount in their funding drive this site won't be able to cover the fees for the bandwidth it requires and will cease to exist.

"We already have the freest internet in the world" You'll have to say "had the freest internet in the world" if the principles of net neutrality are lost. I'd try to educate you on the subject but obviously your thick skull is already crammed to overflowing with fatuous Beckisms. One thing I can assure you if Verizon and their ilk have their way a lowly website like this won't survive the dollar driven bandwidth allotment.

It's more likely that in order to be a participant, should a site like this ones owners choose, would be a paid fee to get the content to cover the fees imposed by the ISP. And this will be the norm until people no longer want to participate in internet based commerce.

Everything will be affected by a the pricing schemes of a few giant, state sponsored corps like verizon, comcast, etc...

Judging by the dollar amount in their funding drive this site won't be able to cover the fees for the bandwidth it requires and will cease to exist.

The losers - people who watch streaming video, listen to streaming music, and gamers.

I guess, lol, if you're not any of those categories, you're okay.

Raise your paw.

There isn't. Give a single reason why you would be against Net Neutrality other than you want big business to pad their bottom line even further.

Go ahead. I'm sure you'll produce an amazing numbered list of points in support of the downfall of Net Neutrality.

1. Answered in posts 20, 26, and 37.
Pay particular attention to 26.

2. Government school products have both an inordinate and incorrect bias against the free market and capitalism.

It is the basis of every thing you believe.

And...it is contrary to factual history.

Yet it indelibly colors your worldview.

Sad, but true.

The losers - people who watch streaming video, listen to streaming music, and gamers.

I guess, lol, if you're not any of those categories, you're okay.

Not really. What if you like a particularl online shop. They're not big and maybe Amazon or Walmart sell the same or similar product as this smaller site. Well Amazon or Walmart can pay to be accessed quicker and the small site can't. Small site loses customers who don't want to wait for the page to load and the small site becomes smaller, while Amazon/Walmart, etc...become bigger. Big business and deep pockets win.

I've been saying it for years,

all this free and really cheap content on the internet that we've all had so much access to for years,

it's simply too good to be true, if you think about it. And don't think that hasn't been driving the corporations crazy as well.

They're out there working around the clock to figure out how to squeeze more money out of you,

and eventually they will, or, you will go without.

Give me the frequencies you use to tune your tinfoil hat. Maybe that'll help me grok what static is coming between you and reality.

Government school products have both an inordinate and incorrect bias against the free market and capitalism.

Absolutely. But I fail to see the correlation here. I mean, it probably escapes the LOLberals that the government created the ISP cartels in the first place, so their understanding is only about half the story. But at the same time, I find it appalling that supposed free market advocates would find this news as anything to do with free markets, or capitalism. This is pure unadulterated corporatism at its finest.

I've been saying it for years,

all this free and really cheap content on the internet that we've all had so much access to for years,

it's simply too good to be true, if you think about it. And don't think that hasn't been driving the corporations crazy as well.

They're out there working around the clock to figure out how to squeeze more money out of you,

and eventually they will, or, you will go without.

They want to be able to earn money at both ends. They already charge us (the consumers) on the receiving end to access the internet. And they can charge based upon access speed. But now they want to double-dip and charge the providers. And this is where it gets dicey. They can cut deals with preferred content providers and retailers to all but eliminate the e-commerce capabilities and information sharing ability of those who don't pay their fee or produce content they object to.

Freedom lost.
Small business squashed.

All in the name of increased corporate profits. And some fools here actually support this....and the best part is they pretend to be about "freedom".

Government school products have both an inordinate and incorrect bias against the free market and capitalism.

Absolutely. But I fail to see the correlation here. I mean, it probably escapes the LOLberals that the government created the ISP cartels in the first place, so their understanding is only about half the story. But at the same time, I find it appalling that supposed free market advocates would find this news as anything to do with free markets, or capitalism. This is pure unadulterated corporatism at its finest.

Sorry....wrong.

Far worse.

It is about controlling the dissemination of information.

That is what totalitarianism is about.

It is hidden in the well-noted hatred that the Left has of the free market.

I thanked your post because you're right for once, and you met your LOLberals quota for the thread. Double win!

Well done.

Raise your paw.

1. Answered in posts 20, 26, and 37.
Pay particular attention to 26.

2. Government school products have both an inordinate and incorrect bias against the free market and capitalism.

It is the basis of every thing you believe.

And...it is contrary to factual history.

Yet it indelibly colors your worldview.

Sad, but true.

More proof that fantical fundamentalist devotion to the free market is lunacy.

Forum List

Back