Florida Man Rams Shopping Cart into Walmart Customer Abusing Express Lane

Jughead

VIP Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hamburger Central
I agree that he should be arrested for what he did. But charged with a felony?
A Florida man was charged with felony battery after he allegedly rammed his shopping cart into a fellow Walmart shopper who apparently had more items than allowed on the express line, ABC-7.com reported.

William Golladay, 77, from Punta Gorda, which is north of Fort Myers, got into a shouting match Saturday with the other shopper, identified in police reports as a 65-year-old in a motorized shopping cart, and allegedly went back to his own metal shopping cart and intentionally rammed the cart into the alleged victim, injuring the man's arm, the report said.

Florida man allegedly rams shopping cart into Walmart customer abusing 'express lane' | Fox News

Why do stores even bother with item number limits in their express lanes? Too many idiots who can't count use those lanes, and the limits aren't enforced.

I feel for him, I was in WM the other day in the expressline and bomqueesha and her brood of 5 pickaninnies was checking out two full carts in the express lane, then she had to pull out her 50 coupons and of course paid with the ebt, all while her brats were going ape shit. The cashier was prolly her sista or cuz, they looked related.

Why do stores even bother with item number limits in their express lanes? Too many idiots who can't count use those lanes, and the limits aren't enforced.
You're right, in some cases they don't enforce the checkout limit. However I have seen instances where the cashier has asked someone in line who's clearly got more than the max allowed items to move to another lane.

I feel for him, I was in WM the other day in the expressline and bomqueesha and her brood of 5 pickaninnies was checking out two full carts in the express lane, then she had to pull out her 50 coupons and of course paid with the ebt, all while her brats were going ape shit. The cashier was prolly her sista or cuz, they looked related.
Two full carts? I am very surprised that no one in line asked the cashier to intervene.

You're right, in some cases they don't enforce the checkout limit. However I have seen instances where the cashier has asked someone in line who's clearly got more than the max allowed items to move to another lane.
Really? I've never seen that, myself.

What's more, I've waited in regular lines with two or three items because the express lanes were lined with illiterates with buggies.

Never tolerate that from such slumbs. Always move in front of such people to put the stuff on the conveyor belt, turn around, and said, "talk to security."

They bother with item numbers in their express lanes so customers with only a few items, up to 15 items in the express lanes in my supermarket, ...can move quickly thru the checkouts instead of having to wait behind other customers in the non-express lanes who have full to overflowing trollies that take a long time to process.

Idiots, or people taking advantage...the stores should be enforcing the number limits.
No law enforcement, there's anarchy and violence.

My supermarkets now have self-serve/scan sections as well as number limit lanes.

Last edited:
Best to stay cool, calm and rational when shopping, no matter what...felony battery could see you tossed in prison? and involved in an expensive civil law suit.

A man should've mellowed by the time he reaches the age of 77...and not be getting trolley-rage angry.

Do you go shopping with your wife often?

I agree that he should be arrested for what he did. But charged with a felony?
A Florida man was charged with felony battery after he allegedly rammed his shopping cart into a fellow Walmart shopper who apparently had more items than allowed on the express line, ABC-7.com reported.

William Golladay, 77, from Punta Gorda, which is north of Fort Myers, got into a shouting match Saturday with the other shopper, identified in police reports as a 65-year-old in a motorized shopping cart, and allegedly went back to his own metal shopping cart and intentionally rammed the cart into the alleged victim, injuring the man's arm, the report said.
Florida man allegedly rams shopping cart into Walmart customer abusing 'express lane' | Fox News

Arrested?

He should be given a medal and put in charge of defending the express lanes from assholes.

I was told in confidence by an off-duty Wal-Mart cashier that the employees are not allowed to point out the obvious in the 20-Items-or-Less lines, but the customers are.

:dunno: I still don't know what that means.​

Best to stay cool, calm and rational when shopping, no matter what...felony battery could see you tossed in prison? and involved in an expensive civil law suit.

A man should've mellowed by the time he reaches the age of 77...and not be getting trolley-rage angry.

Well... maybe he was in a hurry.

That home pregnancy test stick ain't gonna get peed on 'till he can get it home, now is it?

I was told in confidence by an off-duty Wal-Mart cashier that the employees are not allowed to point out the obvious in the 20-Items-or-Less lines, but the customers are.

:dunno: I still don't know what that means.​
That explains why I haven't seen it that often. I do know that some employees apparently ignore the rules and will point out to the customer when they exceed the checkout limit at the express lanes. I've seen it on occasion at Albertson's.

Forum List

Back