A federal judge suspends FDA's longtime approval of an abortion pill, but gives the government 7 days to appeal

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Most saw this coming...

In an unprecedented move, U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk on Friday suspended the Food and Drug Administration's longtime approval of key abortion pill mifepristone, but gave the government a week to appeal his decision that could throw access to medication abortions into question nationwide.
The FDA approved mifepristone more than 20 years ago to be used in combination with a second drug, misoprostol, to terminate pregnancies at up to 10 weeks. Over half of U.S. abortions are done by medication abortion, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights. The pills have become increasingly significant in the fights over abortion access that have ensued since Roe v. Wade was overturned.
A coalition of anti-abortion groups, collectively called the Alliance for Hippocratic Medicine, sued in November challenging the process through which the FDA evaluated and approved mifepristone. They argue that the government did not adequately assess the drug’s safety and should not have made it accessible via telehealth during the pandemic.
The plaintiffs sought an injunction to halt the use of mifepristone nationwide while the case plays out.

The judge on Friday halted the original approval of mifepristone, but he has also decided to keep his ruling on hold for seven days to give the government time to appeal.

Whats wrong with the old fashioned method?

1680915817692.jpeg

A Texas judge ruled it was unsafe and needed more research. Now I don't buy his logic but.....what if a kid or 13 year old girl gets it illegally from her mom or kids at school and then dies from taking this pill bc she's pregnant. Do you worry about the kids dying? Not the fetuses, who cares? But the little kid who got it from some friend at school to cancel her pregnancy since she's a minor and didn't wanna tell her kids. Is this pill that dangerous? What about the kids?

A Texas judge ruled it was unsafe and needed more research.
American doctors are not what they used to be. It's a shame when they can't be trusted anymore. I never thought I'd see the day when judges and politicians knew more about medicine than doctors.

Most saw this coming...

In an unprecedented move, U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk on Friday suspended the Food and Drug Administration's longtime approval of key abortion pill mifepristone, but gave the government a week to appeal his decision that could throw access to medication abortions into question nationwide.
The FDA approved mifepristone more than 20 years ago to be used in combination with a second drug, misoprostol, to terminate pregnancies at up to 10 weeks. Over half of U.S. abortions are done by medication abortion, according to the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights. The pills have become increasingly significant in the fights over abortion access that have ensued since Roe v. Wade was overturned.
A coalition of anti-abortion groups, collectively called the Alliance for Hippocratic Medicine, sued in November challenging the process through which the FDA evaluated and approved mifepristone. They argue that the government did not adequately assess the drug’s safety and should not have made it accessible via telehealth during the pandemic.
The plaintiffs sought an injunction to halt the use of mifepristone nationwide while the case plays out.

The judge on Friday halted the original approval of mifepristone, but he has also decided to keep his ruling on hold for seven days to give the government time to appeal.
Here we go again. Another attack of the angry old white men. For safety? Bullshit! Just because they can and Officially women are powerless to escape the 2nd class citizen role, the right wing has assigned them. And, when women rise up a shout against the control of unelected angry old white judges to rule over them, the angry old white men in their appointed privilege position will answer:

The Lawsuit is pure baloney as there is no evidence that it is dangerous for use from post one article:

"In the lawsuit, the Alliance for Hippocratic Medicine alleges that medication abortion has “potentially serious and life-threatening effects.” However, studies suggest that when mifepristone and misoprostol are used together in consultation with doctors, the regimen successfully terminates pregnancies up to 99.6% of the time and has a 0.4% risk of major complications."

Bolding mine

The abortion wars need to stop!

Why DON'T you care?

They use OUR tax dollars for murdering these babies.
They use OUR tax dollars under the guise of "healthcare".

If you are literally...PURPOSELY doing something to yourself, then YOU need to pay for it.
Not ME, not my neighbor, and not MY TAX DOLLARS. YOU went out and fucked around.
YOU refused to use contraceptives. YOU refused to have your ovaries removed.
YOU are the source of the problem. YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT ALL OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET!

If MY tax dollars are stolen from me to pay for it, then I CAN SAY WHAT THE FUCK I WANT!

Most saw this coming...

“A tyrant in blacks robs, legislating from the bench, ignoring the will of the people.”

Why DON'T you care?

They use OUR tax dollars for murdering these babies.
They use OUR tax dollars under the guise of "healthcare".

If you are literally...PURPOSELY doing something to yourself, then YOU need to pay for it.
Not ME, not my neighbor, and not MY TAX DOLLARS. YOU went out and fucked around.
YOU refused to use contraceptives. YOU refused to have your ovaries removed.
YOU are the source of the problem. YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IT ALL OUT OF YOUR OWN POCKET!

If MY tax dollars are stolen from me to pay for it, then I CAN SAY WHAT THE FUCK I WANT!
Oh, it's the money. Well, hell I can understand that.

Here we go again. Another attack of the angry old white men. For safety? Bullshit! Just because they can and Officially women are powerless to escape the 2nd class citizen role, the right wing has assigned them. And, when women rise up a shout against the control of unelected angry old white judges to rule over them, the angry old white men in their appointed privilege position will answer:

Yet you support a man taking a scholarship away from a girl?

I think these pills should be available for the first 6-12 weeks at least. It very much limits our ability to have sex and have fun. That sucks. Goddamn please stop doing shit like this.

Forum List

Back