A Disturbing Look at the 2020 Presidential Campaign

A presidential candidate running against a "popular" incumbent president is more like a virgin sacrifice to the political gods than a political contest.
The smart move is to consider 2020 as practice for 2024.

The betting odds are still about 2:1 in Trump's favor.
Donald Trump (R) -140 -163
Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

That was before last night and since you didn't link your contention, I believe it probably includes Sanders.

Those odds are current, Bernie is toast, here is the link. 2020 Election Odds | Who Will Be The Next US President?

So now for the "disturbing" part: If President Trump is such a horrendous President, why has there not been a large number of Republicans challenging him?
Here is another question. Why am I not surprised you are unintelligent enough to ask this profoundly stupid question?

Using your own tard logic, I guess this means Obama was not a horrendous president, either. In fact, he must have been better than Trump since he had NO Democratic challengers in 2012.

Obama was just black. Or half black, at least.

He could have thrown the world into a nuclear holocaust and still got the majority of the Democratic votes.

You don't get it do you? Democrats vote for presidential candidates based on identity.

Trump will win based on performance.
So far, Trump's performance has been far worse than Obama's. Slower growth, massively increasing deficits, record big government spending budgets, immorality, corruption, and a laggard Dow.

And impeachment.

So you just keep on smoking that crack pipe, son.

Living in an information vacuum such as you are, I'm not surprised at what you believe.

So what makes you think that Joe Biden is going to resurrect those "glory days" you believe you were living under Obama?

Are you serious? The idiot can't even formulate an entire sentence without shooting his own dick off.

Can you imagine the pure clusterfuck of an embarrassment to you with that brain-damaged idiot in the White House, wondering where he is and what year this is?

:21:

You had 29 of the best and brightest, and now it's come down to Joe Fucking Biden? WTF is wrong with you people?

:21::auiqs.jpg::laugh::laughing0301::lmao::lol:

This election will be a referendum on Trump. Biden is a weak candidate, but it’s not about him.

Disturbing if you're a Democrat, that is.

I've noticed something: The 2020 Presidential election started out with a total of 29 hopefuls running on the Democrat platform - Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennet, Yang, Delaney, Booker, Williamson, Castro, Harris, Bullock, Sestak, Messam, O'Rourke, Ryan, de Blasio, Gillibrand, Moulton, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Gravel, Swallwell, and Ojeda.

I won't include the Libertarian and Green Party candidates like Hornberger, Jorgensen, Kokesh, Vermin Supreme, Whitney, Ruff, Hawkins, Hunter, and Rolde, because, seriously?

Meanwhile on the GOP side, one candidate for the most part, stands alone. That's President Donald J. Trump. There were four other candidates running on the Republican ticket but of those four, two are barely hanging on (Weld and De La Fuente), and the other two have since dropped out (Walsh and Sanford.)

2020 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

That would mean that during this election cycle, 29 of the best Democrats in the country jumped into the fray, while only 5 Republicans entered the race. That's almost six times as many Democrats.

So now for the "disturbing" part: If President Trump is such a horrendous President, why has there not been a large number of Republicans challenging him?

If you remember back in 2016, the Republicans ran a total of 17 candidates, while the Democrats ran only 6. This says only one thing to me: The Republican Party seems to have coalesced in unity behind one candidate, Donald J.Trump. Aside from the small "Never-Trump" movement, the GOP is unified behind one purpose: The re-election of Donald J. Trump.

Meanwhile the Democrat Party has gone through a confusing mishmash of candidates, scrambling to come up with that one person whom they think can beat him.

How can anyone not see what's coming down the pipe?

The Republican Party is composed of fanatics. The more moderate voters have left the party. Suburban voters have left the party. The Republican Party is headed towards extinction.

Got a link for that stupidity?
Have you been to a Trump rally lately?
We'll see in November who the voters prefer. An incumbent president is tough to beat.

A presidential candidate running against a "popular" incumbent president is more like a virgin sacrifice to the political gods than a political contest.

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

That was before last night and since you didn't link your contention, I believe it probably includes Sanders.

Those odds are current, Bernie is toast, here is the link. 2020 Election Odds | Who Will Be The Next US President?

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

I'd take Biden against Trump today. Those odds will be evening out as the field narrows. Warren is next.

I've noticed something: The 2020 Presidential election started out with a total of 29 hopefuls running on the Democrat platform - Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennet, Yang, Delaney, Booker, Williamson, Castro, Harris, Bullock, Sestak, Messam, O'Rourke, Ryan, de Blasio, Gillibrand, Moulton, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Gravel, Swallwell, and Ojeda.

I won't include the Libertarian and Green Party candidates like Hornberger, Jorgensen, Kokesh, Vermin Supreme, Whitney, Ruff, Hawkins, Hunter, and Rolde, because, seriously?

Meanwhile on the GOP side, one candidate for the most part, stands alone. That's President Donald J. Trump. There were four other candidates running on the Republican ticket but of those four, two are barely hanging on (Weld and De La Fuente), and the other two have since dropped out (Walsh and Sanford.)

That would mean that during this election cycle, 29 of the best Democrats in the country jumped into the fray, while only 5 Republicans entered the race. That's almost six times as many Democrats.

If you remember back in 2016, the Republicans ran a total of 17 candidates, while the Democrats ran only 6. This says only one thing to me: The Republican Party seems to have coalesced in unity behind one candidate, Donald J.Trump. Aside from the small "Never-Trump" movement, the GOP is unified behind one purpose: The re-election of Donald J. Trump.

Meanwhile the Democrat Party has gone through a confusing mishmash of candidates, scrambling to come up with that one person whom they think can beat him.

Nobody has challenged Das Dotard because they're chickenshits who are afraid of a tweet or a primary.

But I'm kind of afraid that it may be YOU who doesn't see what's coming down the pipe. ;)

Rarely do sitting Presidents get a serious Primary Challenger
You know that right?

Even during a presidency where the media has convinced half the country that Trump is a complete failure? Apparently, they have failed.

There seems to be a very big disparity between how the left is trying to portray him, and the reality of his accomplishments. When was the last time you heard media outlets like CNN or MSNBC accredit President Trump for one single thing?

Never, as far as I know.

Never, but why would they?

Honesty? Journalistic integrity and responsibility? Truth in advertising?

I dunno, some imaginary concepts I heard of awhile back. Maybe I was dreaming or something.

:laughing0301:

Nobody has challenged Das Dotard because they're chickenshits who are afraid of a tweet or a primary.

But I'm kind of afraid that it may be YOU who doesn't see what's coming down the pipe. ;)

You know that right?

I was pointing out the fact that only a handful of Republicans have challenged the pussy-grabbing con artist on ANYTHING.

Because he is correct on everything that matters.

You know that right?

Even during a presidency where the media has convinced half the country that Trump is a complete failure? Apparently, they have failed.

There seems to be a very big disparity between how the left is trying to portray him, and the reality of his accomplishments. When was the last time you heard media outlets like CNN or MSNBC accredit President Trump for one single thing?

Never, as far as I know.

I dunno, some imaginary concepts I heard of awhile back. Maybe I was dreaming or something.

You know that right?

I was pointing out the fact that only a handful of Republicans have challenged the pussy-grabbing con artist on ANYTHING.

Meh, everything he touches dies.

Here is another question. Why am I not surprised you are unintelligent enough to ask this profoundly stupid question?

Using your own tard logic, I guess this means Obama was not a horrendous president, either. In fact, he must have been better than Trump since he had NO Democratic challengers in 2012.

The shield of blackability.

You know that right?

Never, as far as I know.

You know that right?

Source?

You know that right?

Never, as far as I know.

You know that right?

You mean like "socialism"? That's nice.

Socialism doesn't even deserve a decent burial. Its bloated dead rotting corpse should just be hung in the town square, as a warning to all those who pass by.

Go Trump. Now touch abortion, political correctness, environmentalism, and the rest of those things we can do without.

So far, Trump's performance has been far worse than Obama's. Slower growth, massively increasing deficits, record big government spending budgets, immorality, corruption, and a laggard Dow.

And impeachment.
slower growth
True, but it's hard to have fast growth at 98% employment. Production is nearly at max. And the only direct influence a POTUS can have on growth is tax policy.

massively increasing deficits
True. Trump has no fucking excuse for that shit. Neither do the fuckers in congress who passed the fucking spending bills. Rs and Ds and one and the same on this shit.

record big government spending budgets
True. See above.

immorality
A bullshit, subjective word thrown around by authoritarian Jesus Nazis. Irrelevant.

corruption
Like what?

a laggard Dow
The only direct influence a POTUS can have on the stock market is tax policy.

Impeachment
Are you fucking kidding me? How is that Trump's fault? The Democrats don't even believe he did anything wrong. And you do?

Last night should be a worry for Trump. Money did not matter. Biden had no money and in many states no people and he still won. He got a strong black turnout and did very well with suburban voters. In 2016, Clinton underperformed among black voters and suburban voters reluctantly supported Trump.

Last night should be a worry for Trump. Money did not matter. Biden had no money and in many states no people and he still won. He got a strong black turnout and did very well with suburban voters. In 2016, Clinton underperformed among black voters and suburban voters reluctantly supported Trump.

Why would it be a "worry" for Trump when he has a sledgehammer?

Let me explain something to you: What's going to happen to Biden's campaign when all the current DOJ investigations are done? What's going to happen when all the gory details are finally uncovered about Burisma, Hunter Biden, and Joe's involvement in all that money they took from Ukraine and was given to them from China?

President Trump is going to have a field day against that old codger when the debates start, and he's going to love every minute of it.

Biden is dirty. He's damaged goods. He's corrupt and senile. You people sure know how to pick them.

:21:

In 2016, Clinton underperformed among black voters and suburban voters reluctantly supported Trump.
Biden will underperform among suburban voters for the same reasons. If a viable libertarian-leaning 3rd-party candidate were available, neither Biden nor Trump would perform well among 'Burbs or independents, for that matter.

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

I'd take Biden against Trump today. Those odds will be evening out as the field narrows. Warren is next.

Don't bother betting your money but you can send it to me because I'm sure I can make better use of it than you can.

52 is the number that ran against Obama. The majority filed with the FEC, a few filed in more than one state and some filed in only one state. "Tax Freeze" had his named changed on the New Hampshire ballot. None of them we taken seriously.

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

Don't bother betting your money but you can send it to me because I'm sure I can make better use of it than you can.

I’ll do that Dick. Just as soon as ya sign over those evil Social Security checks to me!

A sitting president has less opposition from his own party.

Wow. That's so surprising. We should pursue this topic further. Who knows what profound truths can be found with this tremendous insight? We've just begun to scratch the surface my friends.

Thank you, OP. Thank you so very much. You're doing the lord's work.

Generally no matter what the party there is a unwritten law that the the current president will win the nomination in the second round.

This campaign is the first time an incumbent president has faced a challenger with name recognition within his own party since 1992, when Republican president George H.W. Bush faced a challenge from more conservative Pat Buchanan

Still only 4 incombents in the history have every lost the party nomination and those were all VP's who became president when something happen to the sitting president. The 4 lost the party nomination in the primary. And it was back in the 1800's so Trump lack of rival is nothing new

Many accept this and will wait out till the next cycle

Still even incumbents have lost the general election on the 2nd time around

You're not going to find a winnable candidate in the democrat party with the agenda they are pushing.

Forum List

Back