A Disturbing Look at the 2020 Presidential Campaign

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Disturbing if you're a Democrat, that is.

I've noticed something: The 2020 Presidential election started out with a total of 29 hopefuls running on the Democrat platform - Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennet, Yang, Delaney, Booker, Williamson, Castro, Harris, Bullock, Sestak, Messam, O'Rourke, Ryan, de Blasio, Gillibrand, Moulton, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Gravel, Swallwell, and Ojeda.

I won't include the Libertarian and Green Party candidates like Hornberger, Jorgensen, Kokesh, Vermin Supreme, Whitney, Ruff, Hawkins, Hunter, and Rolde, because, seriously?

Meanwhile on the GOP side, one candidate for the most part, stands alone. That's President Donald J. Trump. There were four other candidates running on the Republican ticket but of those four, two are barely hanging on (Weld and De La Fuente), and the other two have since dropped out (Walsh and Sanford.)

2020 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

That would mean that during this election cycle, 29 of the best Democrats in the country jumped into the fray, while only 5 Republicans entered the race. That's almost six times as many Democrats.

So now for the "disturbing" part: If President Trump is such a horrendous President, why has there not been a large number of Republicans challenging him?

If you remember back in 2016, the Republicans ran a total of 17 candidates, while the Democrats ran only 6. This says only one thing to me: The Republican Party seems to have coalesced in unity behind one candidate, Donald J.Trump. Aside from the small "Never-Trump" movement, the GOP is unified behind one purpose: The re-election of Donald J. Trump.

Meanwhile the Democrat Party has gone through a confusing mishmash of candidates, scrambling to come up with that one person whom they think can beat him.

How can anyone not see what's coming down the pipe?

A presidential candidate running against a "popular" incumbent president is more like a virgin sacrifice to the political gods than a political contest.
The smart move is to consider 2020 as practice for 2024.

The betting odds are still about 2:1 in Trump's favor.
Donald Trump (R) -140 -163
Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

I've noticed something: The 2020 Presidential election started out with a total of 29 hopefuls running on the Democrat platform - Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennet, Yang, Delaney, Booker, Williamson, Castro, Harris, Bullock, Sestak, Messam, O'Rourke, Ryan, de Blasio, Gillibrand, Moulton, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Gravel, Swallwell, and Ojeda.

I won't include the Libertarian and Green Party candidates like Hornberger, Jorgensen, Kokesh, Vermin Supreme, Whitney, Ruff, Hawkins, Hunter, and Rolde, because, seriously?

Meanwhile on the GOP side, one candidate for the most part, stands alone. That's President Donald J. Trump. There were four other candidates running on the Republican ticket but of those four, two are barely hanging on (Weld and De La Fuente), and the other two have since dropped out (Walsh and Sanford.)

That would mean that during this election cycle, 29 of the best Democrats in the country jumped into the fray, while only 5 Republicans entered the race. That's almost six times as many Democrats.

So now for the "disturbing" part: If President Trump is such a horrendous President, why has there not been a large number of Republicans challenging him?

If you remember back in 2016, the Republicans ran a total of 17 candidates, while the Democrats ran only 6. This says only one thing to me: The Republican Party seems to have coalesced in unity behind one candidate, Donald J.Trump. Aside from the small "Never-Trump" movement, the GOP is unified behind one purpose: The re-election of Donald J. Trump.

Meanwhile the Democrat Party has gone through a confusing mishmash of candidates, scrambling to come up with that one person whom they think can beat him.

The Democrats coalesced yesterday.
It was fairly amazing to see actually.
The Media (expect MSNBC) told Democrats to get behind Biden, and in mass like absolute sheep they all went to Biden, who was out of it (the race and his mind), just before that.
Of course MSNBC (the revolutionary network) fired Chris Matthews, for trying to be part of that.
If Biden should win - who knows who will actually be running things - but suffice it to say it will be some conglomeration of the people who have brought us 3 years of -
Resist and Hoax, Resist and Hoax, and repeat.

Nobody has challenged Das Dotard because they're chickenshits who are afraid of a tweet or a primary.

But I'm kind of afraid that it may be YOU who doesn't see what's coming down the pipe. ;)

A presidential candidate running against a "popular" incumbent president is more like a virgin sacrifice to the political gods than a political contest.
The smart move is to consider 2020 as practice for 2024.

The betting odds are still about 2:1 in Trump's favor.
Donald Trump (R) -140 -163
Joe Biden (D) +175 +162

That was before last night and since you didn't link your contention, I believe it probably includes Sanders.

Nobody has challenged Das Dotard because they're chickenshits who are afraid of a tweet or a primary.

But I'm kind of afraid that it may be YOU who doesn't see what's coming down the pipe. ;)

Rarely do sitting Presidents get a serious Primary Challenger
You know that right?

Why would they challenge him when 97% of the Republicans support him?

That's called "unity", something the Democrat Party seems to be lacking. Otherwise they would have already solidified behind a viable, substantial candidate, instead of reminiscing about the Obama days with Crazy Uncle Joe.

You know that right?

Even during a presidency where the media has convinced half the country that Trump is a complete failure? Apparently, they have failed.

There seems to be a very big disparity between how the left is trying to portray him, and the reality of his accomplishments. When was the last time you heard media outlets like CNN or MSNBC accredit President Trump for one single thing?

Never, as far as I know.

You know that right?

Even during a presidency where the media has convinced half the country that Trump is a complete failure? Apparently, they have failed.

There seems to be a very big disparity between how the left is trying to portray him, and the reality of his accomplishments. When was the last time you heard media outlets like CNN or MSNBC accredit President Trump for one single thing?

Never, as far as I know.

Never, but why would they?

The Republican Party is composed of fanatics. The more moderate voters have left the party. Suburban voters have left the party. The Republican Party is headed towards extinction.

You know that right?

Never, as far as I know.

Never, but why would they?

Honesty? Journalistic integrity and responsibility? Truth in advertising?

I dunno, some imaginary concepts I heard of awhile back. Maybe I was dreaming or something.

:laughing0301:

The Republican Party is composed of fanatics. The more moderate voters have left the party. Suburban voters have left the party. The Republican Party is headed towards extinction.
You've got it exactly backwards unless you're talking about the democratic party and both you and I know that.
Shoving your head up your ass isn't going to change anything for anyone but yourself.

How did I know that someone would eventually come up with something like that?

:21:

So those 97% of Republicans who support President Trump are comprised of nothing but lying, thieving, misogynistic, racist, alt-right, white supremacist hillbilly, flyover country bigots who want to push granny's wheelchair off the cliff, and support him because he represents their values?

Do you even think before you post something? Apparently, that's something you really believe, isn't it?

Now you know why Republicans aren't leaving the party in droves, and becoming Democrats. Who in their right mind would side up with a party who actually believes the nonsense you just spouted?

You know that right?

I was pointing out the fact that only a handful of Republicans have challenged the pussy-grabbing con artist on ANYTHING.

Here is another question. Why am I not surprised you are unintelligent enough to ask this profoundly stupid question?

Using your own tard logic, I guess this means Obama was not a horrendous president, either. In fact, he must have been better than Trump since he had NO Democratic challengers in 2012.

You know that right?

I was pointing out the fact that only a handful of Republicans have challenged the pussy-grabbing con artist on ANYTHING.

Why should they challenge him when he's doing such a great job?

Here is another question. Why am I not surprised you are unintelligent enough to ask this profoundly stupid question?

Using your own tard logic, I guess this means Obama was not a horrendous president, either. In fact, he must have been better than Trump since he had NO Democratic challengers in 2012.

Obama was just black. Or half black, at least.

He could have thrown the world into a nuclear holocaust and still got the majority of the Democratic votes.

You don't get it do you? Democrats vote for presidential candidates based on identity.

Trump will win based on performance.

Obama was just black. Or half black, at least.

He could have thrown the world into a nuclear holocaust and still got the majority of the Democratic votes.

You don't get it do you? Democrats vote for presidential candidates based on identity.

Trump will win based on performance.
So far, Trump's performance has been far worse than Obama's. Slower growth, massively increasing deficits, record big government spending budgets, immorality, corruption, and a laggard Dow.

And impeachment.

So you just keep on smoking that crack pipe, son.

Biden, Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Buttigieg, Steyer, Patrick, Bennet, Yang, Delaney, Booker, Williamson, Castro, Harris, Bullock, Sestak, Messam, O'Rourke, Ryan, de Blasio, Gillibrand, Moulton, Inslee, Hickenlooper, Gravel, Swallwell, and Ojeda.
All I read was Senile Commie, Goose-Stepping Commie, Injun Commie, Filthy-Rich Authoritarian Hypocrite Commie, Army Commie, Who-The-Fuck Commie, Gay Commie, Who-The-Fuck Commie 2-6, Race-Card Commie, No-Chance-In-Hell Commie, Son-Of-A-Wet-Back* Commie, She-Race-Card Commie, Who-The-Fuck Commie 7-9, Fake Son-Of-A-Wet-Back* Commie 2, No-Chance-In-Hell Commie 2-9, and
Who-The-Fuck Commie 10.

*Wetback is not a racial slur. It is in reference to illegal immigrants in Texas who recently swam the Rio Grande.

Forum List

Back