A diet that will work the rest of your life without any pain or starvation. What works or didn't for you.

Checking back. I've been on the "Ellington Darden - Nautilus" diet for about 6 weeks now. Basically, it is three 300-calorie meals per day plus a couple of 100 calorie snacks. 1200 calories per day, more or less.

My wife lost the 12 pounds she wanted to lose (from 117 to 105 - she's only 4'11"), and I have gone from 215 to 195.

Since we are older now - both over 70 - the weight didn't come off as quickly as I expected, but there was only one week of no-loss. I only weigh myself once a week, Monday morning after I evacuate my bladder, naked. We both exercise for at least an hour every day.

According to all of the guidelines, at 71" tall I should be around 175, but I haven't been that slim since I got out of the Army in 1971. Since this diet is so tolerable I'm going to stick with it until late July, when we are going on a 14-day cruise. I will re-assess after the cruise to see where I go from there.
Ideal weight is determined by age, height, and body type. I am of slender build, 70 inches tall, and my "ideal healthy heart weight" charted me at 142 lbs. That was 40 years ago. At that time I actually weighed 142 lbs. and have maintained it ever since. But even while being active, having a healthy weight and diet I developed coronary artery disease which required triple by-pass surgery at age 71. I have recovered nicely and am fully active at 82. And I still maintain my weight at about 145.

Forum List

Back