A culture of violence

Agit8r

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2010
I keep hearing politicians and pundits say that we don't have a problem with guns, but rather with violence. So let's have at it!

What can be done to reform a culture in which every interaction is made a competition for status, in which life's preservation is a commodity to be bought in the marketplace, in which radio propagandists regularly call some members of society "parasites" or "a waste of oxygen"?

You just wasted some bong smoke. Go to sleep now.

stupidity_hurts_my_head_foamy_mousepad-r45d8b432ef844e77b7b6bcbe4b13d8ee_x74vi_8byvr_512.jpg

DISCLAIMER:
Many of the Republicans are not going to like this solution, and will instantly misquote my own thread about MNSBC and public education and claim hypocrisy. I will not edit this post (after 12:00 AM) under any circumstance, so that you know I said it before they did.

The solution to the problem are the dilapidated educational facilities, lack of teachers and scarcity of textbooks and school supplies in impoverished communities. We spend the most money per student compared to every other nation, but we don't spend that money correctly. When the children of impoverished communities lack educational opportunities, and there is an insufficient number of low skilled jobs, and no family possessing financial means to fallback on for support, these children will quickly resort to crime --- just to survive.

So when you combine a terrible Public Education system, with a lack of jobs, because of high taxes or other unfavorable laws for businesses, you end up with A LOT of violence, simply because people want to survive. Throw this needless and counter-productive Drug War on top of the mess, and you end up with gangs that recruit young strong males to advance and promote their activities.

Last edited:
DISCLAIMER:
Many of the Republicans are not going to like this solution, and will instantly misquote my own thread about MNSBC and public education and claim hypocrisy. I will not edit this post (after 12:00 AM) under any circumstance, so that you know I said it before they did.

The solution to the problem are the dilapidated educational facilities, lack of teachers and scarcity of textbooks and school supplies in impoverished communities. We spend the most money per student compared to every other nation, but we don't spend that money correctly. When the children of impoverished communities lack educational opportunities, and there is an insufficient number of low skilled jobs, and no family possessing financial means to fallback on for support, these children will quickly resort to crime --- just to survive.

So when you combine a terrible Public Education system, with a lack of jobs, because of high taxes or other unfavorable laws for businesses, you end up with A LOT of violence, simply because people want to survive. Throw this needless and counter-productive Drug War on top of the mess, and you end up with gangs that recruit young strong males to advance and promote their activities.

I agree to an extent. We do not have an equitable public education system. But the "amount that we spend on education" is skewed by counting pensions and healthcare as part of compensation (unlike in western Europe)

DISCLAIMER:

Much of the money spent on "education" goes to the teacher's unions and not to actually improve the conditions of the schools.

I think one thing that fuels the fire is the constant race and class warfare rhetoric coming from Washington. Hispanics were told that people who want secure borders and oppose amnesty are "enemies." Blacks and Hispanic gangs are killing each other in the cities. Obama chimes in on cases, such as Trayvon Martin, that fuels an already intense race war.

People are divided into groups, then groups are pitted against each other. Obama was helpful in garnering up hatred for all wealthy people. He vowed to 'return the wealth to it's rightful owners' and when ACORN was arranging tours so angry mobs could hop on a bus and harass some AIG execs and their families, Obama said they had a right to be angry. When the Black Panthers broke the law by intimidating people at polls, Holder opted to look the other way. Same as a thumbs up. Keep that anger going.

Some children attending decent schools are entering the system with no preparation because their parents didn't do their job. Thousands drop out every day.

Maybe society's problems all begin at home. I went to a small town school and graduated with most of my classmates. A handful of them quit and several ended up in prison. I think they came from dysfunctional homes and that is where most problems begin.

Of course, for decades, government has taken control of the schools to ensure things run smoothly and they inserted themselves into people's lives to lift people from poverty. How's that working out?

I keep hearing politicians and pundits say that we don't have a problem with guns, but rather with violence. So let's have at it!

What can be done to reform a culture in which every interaction is made a competition for status, in which life's preservation is a commodity to be bought in the marketplace, in which radio propagandists regularly call some members of society "parasites" or "a waste of oxygen"?

Simple, get rid of the violent people. War is another thing entirely. You can take a gun away from a violent criminal, but he will just find something else to kill with. Never underestimate a criminal's will for improvisation.

After reading Clementine's post, all I can say is I agree.

Democrats like Obama claim they want unity, but every speech they make is about divisions. Women against Men, Blacks against Whites, Poor against Rich, Hispanics against everyone, Gays against Straights, Illegals immigrants against legal immigrants.

By constantly fueling the divisions people take it to heart and look at others not as fellow Americans, but as that (Fill in the blank) S.O.B. who hates me.

Before today, when Obama, after the bombings in Boston, rarely spoke about a United United States. It was always about this sub-divided American or that Sub-division of Americans.

The Democratic Part and Obama are not "Uniters", but they cause division and hate.

DISCLAIMER:

I agree to an extent. We do not have an equitable public education system. But the "amount that we spend on education" is skewed by counting pensions and healthcare as part of compensation (unlike in western Europe)

The children in the US have been thrown under the bus, perhaps intentionally so. Let me splain.

If a country were made of the most wicked and ruthless of people, if a society was corrupt at its core, the only possible form of government that could govern that populace effectively would essentially be a police state. So, if one wants fascism and a police state, making sure that children are stripped of morality and knowledge in society would be a good first step at achieving your objective. The bonus is, is that you can then fool them into supporting you.

DISCLAIMER:

Sorry, but there are a LOT of jobs. We just have idiots who want to keep dismantling and suffocating the funding and attempts to revolutionize of our education. People who think education is overrated.

There are not enough applicants for high skill jobs that are in this country.

Democrats like Obama claim they want unity, but every speech they make is about divisions. Women against Men, Blacks against Whites, Poor against Rich, Hispanics against everyone, Gays against Straights, Illegals immigrants against legal immigrants.

By constantly fueling the divisions people take it to heart and look at others not as fellow Americans, but as that (Fill in the blank) S.O.B. who hates me.

Before today, when Obama, after the bombings in Boston, rarely spoke about a United United States. It was always about this sub-divided American or that Sub-division of Americans.

The Democratic Part and Obama are not "Uniters", but they cause division and hate.

Oh fucking please... this coming from fucking "You're either with us or against us" conservatives... people who draw up dividing lines constantly, even within their own party. YOU'RE A RINO! YOU AIN'T NO CONSERVATIVE!

Oh fucking please... this coming from fucking "You're either with us or against us" conservatives... people who draw up dividing lines constantly, even within their own party. YOU'RE A RINO! YOU AIN'T NO CONSERVATIVE!

I notice you didn't refute a single point I made.

Simple, get rid of the violent people. War is another thing entirely. You can take a gun away from a violent criminal, but he will just find something else to kill with. Never underestimate a criminal's will for improvisation.

It's been a long day with tragedy and some personal bad news on top of it....I can't tell you why I'm still awake really.

But considering your post and the OP in the light of today's events (both national and private)....I wonder what would happen if we had a nationwide "3 strikes and you're out" law. If you are convicted of 3 crimes; regardless of severity or jurisdiction, you're in jail for life. Boom; gone. It doesn't just apply to violent crime of course.

I doubt there is anything we can do to stop the Marathon type of tragedy really. Getting a larger portion of the criminal element off of the streets and out of society is probably a good start I would imagine.

I didn't see you lay down evidence supporting your claim. Show me that democrats do what you say and republicans do not.

I didn't see you lay down evidence supporting your claim. Show me that democrats do what you say and republicans do not.

It is no wonder you are a liberal. You make up claims about what people have said then demand they defend something they didn't say.

As far as what I have said that Obama and the Democratic party have done their best to divide the country, it is simple...

Use your own memory. Did Obama say he was going to raise everyone's taxes or that he was going to make the rich pay their fair share?

Did Obama say he was going make it impossible for people to enter the country illegally or did he say that he was going to give illegals a path citizenship?

Has Obama spoken to a group of men about Men's rights and promise to address their issues or has he made those promises to women groups only?

Has Obama spoken to groups of Whites only about issues or has he spoken to groups of only Blacks and Hispanics?

When white police arrested a black man who was apparently breaking into a home, did he side with the police or with the black man?

He also said there are a lot of regular jobs, that means he supports Obama's tax and regulation policies, and state/local Democratic tax/regulations too. Apparently they have been good for business from his perspective. Talk about RINOS lolololol

Well start getting rid of stupid people that comit euthenasia, abortion, and other "mercy" killings and treat people as more important than animals. So disparage lunatics like PETA, Earth First, Planned Parenthood.

And watch this....KILL bad guys...PUBLICLY and SWIFTLY..and quit making excuses for them.

Well start getting rid of stupid people that comit euthenasia, abortion, and other "mercy" killings and treat people as more important than animals. So disparage lunatics like PETA, Earth First, Planned Parenthood.

And watch this....KILL bad guys...PUBLICLY and SWIFTLY..and quit making excuses for them.

Another brilliant philanthropist who thinks himself proper judge of who lives and dies. Great. :cuckoo:

The USA is a violent culture.

It was a violent country BEFORE it became the United States, it grew thanks to violence, it prospered thanks to slavery (which is institutionally violent) and its foreign policy is now based on violence.

Not that any of the above makes the USA especially exceptional.

Every empire in history is based on VIOLENCE.

Forum List

Back