A Conservative Take on the Disaster that is Trump

Jeff the Flake Mormon and high degreed freeemason with magic underwear has an opinion that we should weigh and consider? I gave it all .2 seconds worth before I waved it away like a pesky fly.

Flake is from Snowflake, Az....a tiny little logging and ranching town in the White Mountains...he's one of 13 kids so I doubt he ever got the attention he needed. These days he sits smiling like a coyote showing off his newly-capped teeth....not a genuine smile but a demented looking smile. It just goes to show how hard it is to beat an incumbent so be very careful who you put in office...it's like dragging a car out of a ditch by hand to get them out.

Finally! A conservative Republican who is willing to speak of and take resposibility for the ongoing three ring circus in the White House.

Yeah, but the underlying problems of Conservatism are not Donald Trump; the problem roots itself much deeper than him. The entire ideology itself is diseased. Tax cuts, bellicose foreign policy, white resentment, attacking the Social Safety Net, and attacking Civil and Voting Rights are inherent in the Conservative mind and always will be. Buckley liked to say Conservatism stands athwart of social progress yelling "stop", and for some fucked up reason they think that's an admirable thing.

Conservatives have never, ever been at the forefront of social progress. They're the ones who resist it. Whether it's resisting abolition, resisting women's suffrage, resisting desegregation, resisting Civil Rights, resisting Voting Rights, resisting Equal Rights, resisting LGBT rights, etc., Conservatives use fear in order to push through a very narrow, unpopular, and anti-populist agenda that services the status quo and protects it from progress. It is an ideology that seeks justification for selfishness, so when those who buy into that shit don't end up seeing the promises made in that bargain be delivered, rather than own up to it, these childish people dig their heels in because of their fucking egos. Which are coddled by Conservatives who say their failures aren't that they bought into Conservative rhetoric, but are because of (insert whatever minority group you want here). Fuck them. Fuck Jeff Flake. Fuck the GOP. If he really wanted to atone for this shit, he'd resign. After all, it's people like him who enabled these idiots in the first place.

Finally! A conservative Republican who is willing to speak of and take resposibility for the ongoing three ring circus in the White House

My Party Is in Denial About Donald Trump

Who could blame the people who felt abandoned and ignored by the major parties for reaching in despair for a candidate who offered oversimplified answers to infinitely complex questions and managed to entertain them in the process? With hindsight, it is clear that we all but ensured the rise of Donald Trump

Selected excerpts:
I will let the liberals answer for their own sins in this regard. (There are many.) But we conservatives mocked Barack Obama’s failure to deliver on his pledge to change the tone in Washington even as we worked to assist with that failure. It was we conservatives who, upon Obama’s election, stated that our No. 1 priority was not advancing a conservative policy agenda but making Obama a one-term president—the corollary to this binary thinking being that his failure would be our success and the fortunes of the citizenry would presumably be sorted out in the meantime.

It was we conservatives who were largely silent when the most egregious and sustained attacks on Obama’s legitimacy were leveled by marginal figures who would later be embraced and legitimized by far too many of us.

It was we conservatives who rightly and robustly asserted our constitutional prerogatives as a co-equal branch of government when a Democrat was in the White House but who, despite solemn vows to do the same in the event of a Trump presidency, have maintained an unnerving silence as instability has ensued

To carry on in the spring of 2017 as if what was happening was anything approaching normalcy required a determined suspension of critical faculties.
And tremendous powers of denial.

Michael Gerson, a conservative columnist and former senior adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote, four months into the new presidency, The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased,” and conservative institutions “with the blessings of a president … have abandoned the normal constraints of reason and compassion.”

Jeff Flake knows that john mccain, the favorite republican member of the democrat party is dying from brain cancer, so flake wants to take his spot as the favorite republican member of the democrat party........he is just another republican who basks in the warm glow of left wing media love, because he attacks republicans.....

Here is a more accurate article on jeff flake...

Jeff Flake is Filling in For John McCain as a Liberal Media Darling

John McCain has relished his "Maverick" label ever since the leftmedia warmed up to him after his failed 2000 presidential run. He began flirting with the Democratsafter that, and the love affair was on. The MSM adores nothing more than a Republican politician who will gleefully attack other Republicans.

McCain is at home in Arizona to begin cancer treatment after once again making the Democrats and their mouthpieces in the MSM swoon for him by delivering his biggest back-stab to his own party yet. The media types who hate Trump and Republicans may have been forlorn about missing their favorite useful idiot, but they've almost been immediately rescued by the junior senator from Arizona, Jeff Flake.

--------

What's galling to many of my conservative friends in my native Arizona is that Flake has been a little too cozy with McCain since he got to Washington. They were hoping for the un-Maverick, and they've basically gotten Maverick Lite. My closest friends there who voted for him are all disappointed.

What's even more galling to those of us who grew up in Barry Goldwater's Arizona is Flake's none-too-subtle implication that he is somehow picking up Goldwater's mantle of conservatism. He's got an ego that's really out of sync with his accomplishments.
I never heard of the guy before, but after reading the attached link, it seems to me that he was talking about principles and living by simple truths of right and wrong. The people in the Senate and a lot in the House are not stupid. They are pretty intelligent people. They are ignoring what a mess the government has become with Trump's chaos and lack of focus. What has Trump created?
- a Commission to "investigate" voter fraud (to prove he won the popular vote, too)
- a Commission in the EPA to question climate science
- a Commission to look into discrimination against whites re: university admission policies.

In the past few weeks he has given cops the wink and nod to "not be so nice" to people in their custody and is threatening to take 7 billion from insurance companies that will end up sending people's insurance premiums sky high.
How anyone can continue to support this man. Only at extremists can, at this point.
"The people in the Senate and a lot in the House are not stupid. They are pretty intelligent people."
Holy fuck...I almost choked on that!

It just blows my fucking mind how people attack trump with things that they didnt give two shits about with democrat presidents.
Disingenuous BULLSHIT is worse than mr cheetoh saying he grabs women by the pussy.

Finally! A conservative Republican who is willing to speak of and take resposibility for the ongoing three ring circus in the White House

Who could blame the people who felt abandoned and ignored by the major parties for reaching in despair for a candidate who offered oversimplified answers to infinitely complex questions and managed to entertain them in the process? With hindsight, it is clear that we all but ensured the rise of Donald Trump

Selected excerpts:
I will let the liberals answer for their own sins in this regard. (There are many.) But we conservatives mocked Barack Obama’s failure to deliver on his pledge to change the tone in Washington even as we worked to assist with that failure. It was we conservatives who, upon Obama’s election, stated that our No. 1 priority was not advancing a conservative policy agenda but making Obama a one-term president—the corollary to this binary thinking being that his failure would be our success and the fortunes of the citizenry would presumably be sorted out in the meantime.

It was we conservatives who were largely silent when the most egregious and sustained attacks on Obama’s legitimacy were leveled by marginal figures who would later be embraced and legitimized by far too many of us.

It was we conservatives who rightly and robustly asserted our constitutional prerogatives as a co-equal branch of government when a Democrat was in the White House but who, despite solemn vows to do the same in the event of a Trump presidency, have maintained an unnerving silence as instability has ensued

To carry on in the spring of 2017 as if what was happening was anything approaching normalcy required a determined suspension of critical faculties.

Michael Gerson, a conservative columnist and former senior adviser to President George W. Bush, wrote, four months into the new presidency, The conservative mind, in some very visible cases, has become diseased,” and conservative institutions “with the blessings of a president … have abandoned the normal constraints of reason and compassion.”

Jeff Flake knows that john mccain, the favorite republican member of the democrat party is dying from brain cancer, so flake wants to take his spot as the favorite republican member of the democrat party........he is just another republican who basks in the warm glow of left wing media love, because he attacks republicans.....

John McCain has relished his "Maverick" label ever since the leftmedia warmed up to him after his failed 2000 presidential run. He began flirting with the Democratsafter that, and the love affair was on. The MSM adores nothing more than a Republican politician who will gleefully attack other Republicans.

McCain is at home in Arizona to begin cancer treatment after once again making the Democrats and their mouthpieces in the MSM swoon for him by delivering his biggest back-stab to his own party yet. The media types who hate Trump and Republicans may have been forlorn about missing their favorite useful idiot, but they've almost been immediately rescued by the junior senator from Arizona, Jeff Flake.

--------

What's galling to many of my conservative friends in my native Arizona is that Flake has been a little too cozy with McCain since he got to Washington. They were hoping for the un-Maverick, and they've basically gotten Maverick Lite. My closest friends there who voted for him are all disappointed.

What's even more galling to those of us who grew up in Barry Goldwater's Arizona is Flake's none-too-subtle implication that he is somehow picking up Goldwater's mantle of conservatism. He's got an ego that's really out of sync with his accomplishments.
I never heard of the guy before, but after reading the attached link, it seems to me that he was talking about principles and living by simple truths of right and wrong. The people in the Senate and a lot in the House are not stupid. They are pretty intelligent people. They are ignoring what a mess the government has become with Trump's chaos and lack of focus. What has Trump created?
- a Commission to "investigate" voter fraud (to prove he won the popular vote, too)
- a Commission to look into discrimination against whites re: university admission policies.

In the past few weeks he has given cops the wink and nod to "not be so nice" to people in their custody and is threatening to take 7 billion from insurance companies that will end up sending people's insurance premiums sky high.
How can anyone continue to support this man. Only extremists can, at this point.
:lmao:

Selected excerpts:

--------

How anyone can continue to support this man. Only at extremists can, at this point.

You forgot appointing an Constitutional justice to the Supreme Court.

You forgot the stock market breaking 22,000.

You forgot illegal immigration at an all time low.

You forgot the reduction of wasteful and abusive federal regulations.

You forgot all the good things Trump has actually done......

Trump has been attacked by Conservatives for well over a year and you're waking up now?
Too few. Time THEY woke up.
Were you suffering from dementia during the campaign?
TOO FEW. Did you hear me that time?
Oh yeah, I heard you, and you must have been in a coma during every step of Trump's announcing his candidacy until today.
There were about 5 Rs who weren't ripping him apart.
Where the hell were you?

Selected excerpts:

g5000 might like this article.

in a field of 21 candidates, biff would have been my 22nd choice....but I LOVE the effect he has on those who want to see me 6 feet under for exercising my natural rights, like Oldhag

Levin nails it...

Levin: Jeff Flake Is No Barry Goldwater — He’s a Sell-Out Liberal

Tuesday on his nationally syndicated radio show, conservative talker Mark Levin called Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) a “liberal.”

Levin said Flake’s new book, which took its title from “Conscience of a Conservative” by conservative icon Barry Goldwater, was filled with “meaningless, imbecilic arguments.”

Levin explained, “This guy Jeff Flake, the junior senator from Arizona ran as a Libertarian/Conservative for the senate. He ran a good organization called the Goldwater Institute after the great Barry Goldwater of whom I was always a fan myself. Jeff Flake is a liberal. He’s got an F rating at Conservative Review on the Liberty Score—F —he’s under 60%

He added, “So here were have Flake who takes the title of the book ‘Conscience of a Conservative,’ the cover of the book which is not identical but very close to the original cover of ‘Conscience of a Conservative,’ slaps his own meaningless, imbecilic arguments inside the cover of a book called ‘Conscience of a Conservative,’ to justify his liberal sell out agenda.”

Levin: Jeff Flake Is No Barry Goldwater - He’s a Sell-Out Liberal - Breitbart

Trump has been attacked by Conservatives for well over a year and you're waking up now?

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.

Conservatives haven't done shit about Trump. In fact, they're the morons who voted for him. Now you're giving him the Bush treatment; where you suddenly disavow any part in aiding his rise while pretending the policies he wants aren't the ones you wanted. Seriously, we just went through this shit with Bush, and now you're trying to do it again with this shithead? Fuck off.

Selected excerpts:

Lol conservatives have been attacking him from the beginning. Remember the never Trump movement. How there were going to have the delegates vote against Trump.

Trump has never had anyone's support. His childish and ignoramus tweets are what is doing him in. If he would Judy shut up and lead he would do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Flake is showing us all how to have the shortest tenure in DC in 100 years...lol

No, he's a Conservative who is trying to set himself up as some sort of rational person (even though he has voted for everything Trump wants) so he can insulate himself from criticism later on. It's fucking bullshit and I'm not buying it.

BULL-FUCKING-SHIT.

Conservatives haven't done shit about Trump. In fact, they're the morons who voted for him. Now you're giving him the Bush treatment; where you suddenly disavow any part in aiding his rise while pretending the policies he wants aren't the ones you wanted. Seriously, we just went through this shit with Bush, and now you're trying to do it again with this shithead? Fuck off.
Unlike you I was watching the show from day one.
So tell me, did you ever watch one complete interview with Trump? Hillary? Sanders?
Did you ever read any of their web sites?

Of course not, but here you are making an ass out of yourself.

Yeah, but the underlying problems of Conservatism are not Donald Trump; the problem roots itself much deeper than him. The entire ideology itself is diseased. Tax cuts, bellicose foreign policy, white resentment, attacking the Social Safety Net, and attacking Civil and Voting Rights are inherent in the Conservative mind and always will be. Buckley liked to say Conservatism stands athwart of social progress yelling "stop", and for some fucked up reason they think that's an admirable thing.

Conservatives have never, ever been at the forefront of social progress. They're the ones who resist it. Whether it's resisting abolition, resisting women's suffrage, resisting desegregation, resisting Civil Rights, resisting Voting Rights, resisting Equal Rights, resisting LGBT rights, etc., Conservatives use fear in order to push through a very narrow, unpopular, and anti-populist agenda that services the status quo and protects it from progress. It is an ideology that seeks justification for selfishness, so when those who buy into that shit don't end up seeing the promises made in that bargain be delivered, rather than own up to it, these childish people dig their heels in because of their fucking egos. Which are coddled by Conservatives who say their failures aren't that they bought into Conservative rhetoric, but are because of (insert whatever minority group you want here). Fuck them. Fuck Jeff Flake. Fuck the GOP. If he really wanted to atone for this shit, he'd resign. After all, it's people like him who enabled these idiots in the first place.

Trying to make mentally ill people seem normal isn't "social progress"....it's suicidal. You leftists damn near had this country completely screwed and then along came Trump and tore your little world apart. He's the wall, he's the job-creator, he's our safety and prosperity...hell, he's America.

Too few. Time THEY woke up.
Were you suffering from dementia during the campaign?
TOO FEW. Did you hear me that time?
Oh yeah, I heard you, and you must have been in a coma during every step of Trump's announcing his candidacy until today.
There were about 5 Rs who weren't ripping him apart.
Where the hell were you?
How did those 5 R's manage to get him nominated to run for the most important leadership position in the world? I'd say those 5 R's did quite a job all by their little selves.

After Trump won I was convinced that Flake voted for Hillary when he said that the GOP didn't win a mandate with the election of Trump. I wrote his office and said he was right, the GOP did not win a mandate Trump did and it would serve him well to not forget that. Well he is a moron, he forgot it.

And it's interesting to know you've become a Conservative.

The definition of "Conservative" seems to change depending on how their arguments fare on message boards. Conservatives all voted for Bush, supported everything he did, then tried to pass it off after Bush left office that they were all opposed to everything he did. Who fucking buys this shit anymore? We all remember who was on what side of the fence during the protests over Iraq. Not one single Conservative had the foresight then. So why the fuck should we believe they have the foresight now????

Forum List

Back