A closer look at the creation story

What scripture and how much expertise do you have?
Genesis Chapters 1 and 2 is the allegorical account of creation and tells us that God created space and time and that man is a product of that creation.

Seems accurate to me.

The story of Genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the beginning of the universe, space, time, the solar system, the earth, nor the first plants, animals, or humans..

Genesis is about the creation of the distinction between heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, by an extraterrestrial intelligence when law designed to instruct perplexed human beings to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death, was spoken into existence like a dividing light in a world that was without shape or form, astonishingly void, and covered in darkness for billions of years.
Hahaha, what a bunch of magical hooha...pass the crack pipe...
What is your background in science again?

hes a self proclaimed expert on all things he says he is,,
Without any qualifications.

The story of Genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the beginning of the universe, space, time, the solar system, the earth, nor the first plants, animals, or humans..

Genesis is about the creation of the distinction between heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, by an extraterrestrial intelligence when law designed to instruct perplexed human beings to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death, was spoken into existence like a dividing light in a world that was without shape or form, astonishingly void, and covered in darkness for billions of years.
Hahaha, what a bunch of magical hooha...pass the crack pipe...
What is your background in science again?
*ignores ding attempt #476,890 to change the subject
You mean compared to your attempts to distract from the fact that you have no scientific qualifications?
Oops, there you go again. When your arguments have all failed you, you change the subject. Embarrassing to watch, really.
Then pray tell, please tell us how we are not at thermal equilibrium if the universe has existed forever, Einstein?

As we see in every thread where the Bible thumpers insist upon a 6,000 year old planet and other literal interpretations of their bibles, there are
always irreconcilable contradictions to physical laws, hard facts and peer reviewed science.

It’s just an inconvenient truth that the Genesis fable is a flawed, contradictory tale that is actually devastating to the notion of supernatural creation.

Then pray tell, please tell us how we are not at thermal equilibrium if the universe has existed forever, Einstein?
Simple, physical states that don't allow any preservation of information. Hawking's solution was the bending of time into imaginary time. another proposed solution is cyclical theory. yet another is an infinite universe, and the mathematics of infinities of different orders. Mathematical solutions exist, ding. You should do better to keep up with modern physics.

The earth and the Universe are billions of years old and is completely compatible with scripture.

Genesis 2:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,

The Bible comes right out and explains that these are not literal days with this one verse. What generations?

Not to mention, how can you have a day when the sun is not even created?

Simple, physical states that don't allow any preservation of information. Hawking's solution was the bending of time into imaginary time. another proposed solution is cyclical theory. yet another is an infinite universe, and the mathematics of infinities of different orders. Mathematical solutions exist, ding. You should do better to keep up with modern physics.
And that has to do with thermal equilibrium how?

Sorry ding, this is where I cut you loose. You spend most of your time dancing and prancing and preening, claiming to know more about this stuff than anyone. Yet you clearly are not in possession of some of the most basic ideas and hypotheses of modern cosmology. You simply are not qualified to have this discussion with me, or with even any layman who does stay abreast of modern cosmology. You need to read up before attempting to comment again.

You do agree that heat flows from hotter objects to colder objects, right?

Or does imaginary time which is a mathematical gimmick to avoid singularities which are also a mathematical phenomenon somehow supersede the laws of thermodynamics?

Sorry ding, this is where I cut you loose. You spend most of your time dancing and prancing and preening, claiming to know more about this stuff than anyone. Yet you clearly are not in possession of some of the most basic ideas and hypotheses of modern cosmology. You simply are not qualified to have this discussion with me, or with even any layman who does stay abreast of modern cosmology. You need to read up before attempting to comment again.
No. You cut me loose when your bullshit explanations can’t stand up to scrutiny.

You have literally made a statement you don’t understand, can’t explain and doesn’t even discuss the reality that no cyclical model can be escape the inevitable conclusion of thermal equilibrium.

Or does imaginary time which is a mathematical gimmick to avoid singularities
False, it's very real, and it is required in a finite-yet-boundless universe. You clearly know very little about that as well.

And spare me your stupid question.... wold you ask a physicist such a stupid question, which comes with the presumption that they don't understand thermodynamics? Of course not. But this anonymous message board is a perfect forum for your Jaysus theater. You're a fraud.

Answer me this, do you at least get paid more than minimum wage?

Or does imaginary time which is a mathematical gimmick to avoid singularities
False, it's very real, and it is required in a finite-yet-boundless universe. You clearly know very little about that as well.

And spare me your stupid question.... wold you ask a physicist such a stupid question, which comes with the presumption that they don't understand thermodynamics? Of course not. But this anonymous message board is a perfect forum for your Jaysus theater. You're a fraud.
So you believe the second law of thermodynamics does not apply to finite boundless universes?

You do realize you literally just described the universe as finite, right?

Do you understand what that means?

ALL I SAID is that IF THERE WAS A BEGINNING then we surely had creation.

No, you said "everything had to come from somewhere."

FUCK YOU LIAR. I'm backtracking nothing. Where did I say that? Put up or shut up. Answer my questions and quit putting words in my moth, asshole!

WHAT'S YOUR POINT MORON? As always, you stupid piig fuggers change thye subject, put words they never said, then end up a million miles fromn what was said, while never actually stating what YOUR position is let alone any proof to support it.

YOU CANNOT DISPROVE MY ONLY STATEMENT:

IF THERE WAS A BEGINNING then we surely had creation.

Fuck you.

Where did I say that?
In your first post to me. Dude, you are so rabid that you cant even follow your own comments, much less a simple discussion.

Fuck off turd brain. You lie so much you have shit coming out your ears. I'm still waiting for your answers from the last thread you tried to attack me on climate. I just copied my first post that you attacked VERBATIM.

PROVE ME WRONG, MOTHERFUCKER. You're just one more lying shitbrained armchair idiot who attacks others by trying to manipulate them while never stating a thing about your own position.

YOU CANNOT PROVE MY STATEMENT WRONG, fuckhead, otherwise you already would have. "Scientist" my ASS.

Often when reading about the age of the earth, atheists tend to believe that the earth is millions of years old.
Wow, lead with a dud. It's a fact that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.

ROFL.gif

Where is THAT a fact? What a fucking liar.
Link us to the peer-received scientific article. No one has ever nailed down the PRECISE age of the Earth to within 40 million years because the geological record cannot go that far back!!!

What a pretentious ass FFT is.

POST 19:
I reject this silly argument, and maintain that the universe is merely evidence the universe exists, not that it was created.
Jackass argues there is no evidence the universe was ever created, despite it being all around him. So what then, it has been around forever? Despite the fact that EVERYTHING material has a beginning and an end. It is the essential quality of matter. And yet, no proof of that either. Only an idiot argues against a case that he has no proof of its opposite!

POST 35:
It really bothers you that all scientific evidence at our disposal tells us that the universe was created from nothing, doesn’t it? As well it should.
Yes! You read that right. In the first line this dolt argued that there is no proof the universe was ever created, that it ever had a "start." Now he literally say THE EXACT OPPOSITE, that all scientific evidence at our disposal tells us that the universe was created!

ROFL.gif

POST 42:
haha. Ding, you have no idea what you are talkong about
Then he has the temerity to argue that anyone else doesn't know what THEY are talking about.

POST 50:
You do agree that heat flows from hotter objects to colder objects, right?
He doesn't even get basic thermodynamics right. All objects seek equilibrium with their environment. So anything ABOVE equilibrium loses energy while anything BELOW gains energy!

What a twit.

The earth and the Universe are billions of years old and is completely compatible with scripture.

Genesis Chapters 1 and 2 is the allegorical account of creation and tells us that God created space and time and that man is a product of that creation.

Seems accurate to me.

Incorrect.

wow, that was quite a response, devoid of any sign of intelligence, but very impressive.

I will let you on on a little secret.

Any written story that starts with "in the beginning' just like "once upon a time" and introduces a talking serpent in paradise isn't about the big bang or the beginning of time, but it is about exactly what I said, the establishment of divine law like a light to the nations in the midst of the darkness of a world run by and filled with blithering idiots.

Forum List

Back