A closer look at the creation story

The earth and the Universe are billions of years old and is completely compatible with scripture.

What scripture and how much expertise do you have?
Genesis Chapters 1 and 2 is the allegorical account of creation and tells us that God created space and time and that man is a product of that creation.

Seems accurate to me.

The story of Genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the beginning of the universe, space, time, the solar system, the earth, nor the first plants, animals, or humans..

Genesis is about the creation of the distinction between heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, by an extraterrestrial intelligence when law designed to instruct perplexed human beings to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death, was spoken into existence like a dividing light in a world that was without shape or form, astonishingly void, and covered in darkness for billions of years.

Incorrect.

When Satan is bound during the Millennial era, it will be for a thousand years or one day of the Lord as 2 Peter 3:8 has told us above:

Revelation 20:2
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Other verses in the Bible which allude to God's days being 1000 of our years:

Psalm 90:4
4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Those who come forth in second resurrection will have to wait until the end of the millennial era or 1000 years:

Revelation 20:5
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

What do you think Peter is trying to convey in the following verse:

2 Peter 3:8
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

I believe that the 7 days of creation of this earth occurred over a period of 7000 years. I also believe that the temporal existence of this earth will only last for 7000 years. The final 1000 year period being the Mellennial era.

In other scripture according to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this truth has been revealed:

Abraham 3:4
4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.

Abraham 5:13
13 But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the time that thou eatest thereof, thou shalt surely die. Now I, Abraham, saw that it was after the Lord’s time, which was after the time of Kolob; for as yet the Gods had not appointed unto Adam his reckoning.

These two verses tell us that the 7 days of creation were according to the Lord's time which is one day to the Lord = one thousand of our years since Adam had not yet received his time of reckoning. Also Adam would die within the time (day) that he partook of the forbidden fruit. Adam died at the age of 930 years old. He obviously did not die within one of our days but he certainly died within a 1000 year period which is one day unto the Lord.

Doctrine and Covenants 77:6-7
6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals? A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

Here we learn that the earth's temporal existence will last only 7000 years. The final 1000 years will be the Millennial era. The Millennial era will be ushered in at the second coming of Jesus Christ We are now in the last days of the sixth seal or the sixth thousandth year period of the earth's temporal existence.

Last edited:
You can't possible know how old the universe and Earth is because the measuring stick is based on false assumptions. Garbage in, garbage out.

Wow, lead with a dud. It's a fact that the Earth is 4.54 billion years old.

No it isn't and what we find in the fossil layers disprove it.
No it isn't and what we find in the fossil layers disprove it.

how can there be layers, miles deep when everything was created together and their congregations dispute evolution the obvious discrepancy - so sad 4th century christianity is the emblem of self rewarding ignorance. with fear, greed and in perpetuity.

ALL I SAID is that IF THERE WAS A BEGINNING then we surely had creation.

No, you said "everything had to come from somewhere." And now you are backtracking and modifying your comments to a different conditional statement.

And nobody cares how smart you claim you are or what you taught.

And you shoild do better with keeping up with a field that has left you behind. Even though our local unoverse may appear to those init to "have a beginning", that doesnt meam it did.

And, even if it did, that would not be support for an intelligent creator.

Last edited:
The earth and the Universe are billions of years old and is completely compatible with scripture.

Genesis Chapters 1 and 2 is the allegorical account of creation and tells us that God created space and time and that man is a product of that creation.

Seems accurate to me.

The story of Genesis has absolutely nothing whatever to do with the beginning of the universe, space, time, the solar system, the earth, nor the first plants, animals, or humans..

Genesis is about the creation of the distinction between heaven and earth, a world above and the world below, by an extraterrestrial intelligence when law designed to instruct perplexed human beings to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true and false, good and evil, life and death, was spoken into existence like a dividing light in a world that was without shape or form, astonishingly void, and covered in darkness for billions of years.
Wrong.

But thanks for semi admitting you don’t believe God created everything.

Seems accurate to me.

Ding presents an expert witness in support of his position that the big bang matches the account of creation in the Bible:

Similarly, Bar Ilan University’s Professor Nathan Aviezer, author of the book In the Beginning, told The Times of Israel, this discovery “isn’t going to make anyone who wasn’t a believer in God into one, or vice versa, but one thing the announcement does do is make it clear that the universe had a definite starting point — a creation — as described in the Book of Genesis,” said Aviezer. “To deny this now is to deny scientific fact.”

“Without addressing who or what caused it, the mechanics of the creation process in the Big Bang match the Genesis story perfectly. If I had to make up a theory to match the first passages in Genesis, the Big Bang theory would be it,” said Aviezer.

“It’s an example of Divine irony that it took atheistic scientists like [Nobel laureate Paul] Dirac and all the others to point out the truth of the Torah. At this point I think we can say that creation is a scientific fact.”

Could New Scientific Discovery Support Creation?

Nathan Aviezer - Wikipedia

Seems accurate to me.

Ding presents an expert witness in support of his position that the big bang matches the account of creation in the Bible:

Similarly, Bar Ilan University’s Professor Nathan Aviezer, author of the book In the Beginning, told The Times of Israel, this discovery “isn’t going to make anyone who wasn’t a believer in God into one, or vice versa, but one thing the announcement does do is make it clear that the universe had a definite starting point — a creation — as described in the Book of Genesis,” said Aviezer. “To deny this now is to deny scientific fact.”

“Without addressing who or what caused it, the mechanics of the creation process in the Big Bang match the Genesis story perfectly. If I had to make up a theory to match the first passages in Genesis, the Big Bang theory would be it,” said Aviezer.

“It’s an example of Divine irony that it took atheistic scientists like [Nobel laureate Paul] Dirac and all the others to point out the truth of the Torah. At this point I think we can say that creation is a scientific fact.”

Who gives a shit about his opinion of magic? Not me. Not anyone, who doesnt already agree with it. And I invite the charlatan scientist to derive the big bang theory and its physics from his little iron aged rag. He can't, and he won't. He's just another personwhose mind is addled by magical nonsense, trying to retrofit his little iron age superstition to our knowledge after the fact.

Seems accurate to me.

Hahaha, what a bunch of magical hooha...pass the crack pipe...
What is your background in science again?

Seems accurate to me.

*ignores ding attempt #476,890 to change the subject

Seems accurate to me.

Who gives a shit about his opinion of magic? Not me. Not anyone, who doesnt already agree with it. And I invite the charlatan scientist to derive the big bang theory and its physics from his little iron aged rag. He can't, and he won't. He's just another personwhose mind is addled by magical nonsense, trying to retrofit his little iron age superstition to our knowledge after the fact.
It really bothers you that all scientific evidence at our disposal tells us that the universe was created from nothing, doesn’t it?

As well it should.

Seems accurate to me.

hes a self proclaimed expert on all things he says he is,,

It really bothers you that all scientific evidence at our disposal tells us that the universe was created from nothing, doesn’t it?
Not at all.... But that is misstated anyway. Our evidence tells us it is possible, not necessary. Maybe you're in over your head a bit on these modern cosmological topics. Stick to your shamanic visions, ding. And look up "nothing"...it means no gods, too.

Seems accurate to me.

You mean compared to your attempts to distract from the fact that you have no scientific qualifications?

Not at all.... But that is misstated anyway. Our evidence tells us it is possible, not necessary. Maybe you're in over your head a bit on these modern cosmological topics. Stick to your shamanic visions, ding. And look up "nothing"...it means no gods, too.
Wrong. Clearly you don’t understand the concept of thermal equilibrium.

In fact, the last time we spoke about this I asked you three very simple questions which you couldn’t answer.

Shall we do this again?

Seems accurate to me.

You mean compared to your attempts to distract from the fact that you have no scientific qualifications?
Oops, there you go again. When your arguments have all failed you, you change the subject. Embarrassing to watch, really.

Forum List

Back