9 foods and beverages you should try to avoid.

Diet is so important yet the food industry loads everything with sugar or artificial sweeteners, fats, and who knows what else. The fact that childhood obesity and diabetes is at an all-time high in America is an utter disgrace.

I'm guilty of energy drinks, koolaid and 2 or 3 others on her list but not in excess.
Generally, the less ingredients the better and stay away from aspartame, gmo stuff, and mechanically-separated processed meats.

Watch out for energy drinks they have incredible amounts of sugar and sweeteners and other stuff you can do without. I'll have a Gatorade on the golf course every once in awhile, but that's about it for me.

I'm guilty of energy drinks, koolaid and 2 or 3 others on her list but not in excess.
Generally, the less ingredients the better and stay away from aspartame, gmo stuff, and mechanically-separated processed meats.

Watch out for energy drinks they have incredible amounts of sugar and sweeteners and other stuff you can do without. I'll have a Gatorade on the golf course every once in awhile, but that's about it for me.

Thanks. Normally my only caffeine is fresh black coffee with honey, but now and then I'll have one of those fruit flavored 12 oz Red Bulls. I quit smoking 10 years ago and alcohol over a year ago, but you have to be careful not to replace one addiction for another. So generally it's coffee and weed for me. ( small amounts) but I may try that coconut water she mentioned.

Food wise, I've been going homemade on everything possible-- bread, pasta, pizza, and avoiding anything processed.

Last edited:
When I buy hotdogs, the Ball Park beef pack is what I buy. I actually ate a little bag of Cheetos tonight for dinner and regular Coke and sweet tea is what I had to drink. With it being Christmas Day, I did nothing but cheat on my diet and I gained like five pounds from it starting with what I had for Christmas Eve dinner. I did end Christmas day with my normal work out though and I did it on Christmas Eve too. :) :) :)

Anyway, I've never cared for Twinkies and the thing that has made me walk away from all milk is skim milk having the same amount of carbs as whole milk and the 2% milk. I don't even remember the last time that I ate Skittles. Today I ate what I had saved from the Halloween candy because that is the only candy that I had to eat at all today and it was just a Three Musketeer, a Milky Way, a Reese's, and a Crunch, all fun size. Instead of Kool Aid mixes, Chrystal Light mixes are what I drink. I haven't eaten a Snickers bar since I was either three of four years old. I haven't had one of them pizzas since before June 1st. I have only done one swallow from a Red Bull and to me, it was nasty!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The only other energy drink that I have ever had is that stuff named Vault. It was a red bottle of the stuff. It was just okay. I don't even know if that stuff is still made or not because I don't pay much attention to energy drinks in the first place.

Last edited:

I drink old faithful Gatorade and Powerade when I need to quench my thirst on a hot day. That's about it. And a few other times.

When I buy hotdogs, the Ball Park beef pack is what I buy. I actually ate a little bag of Cheetos tonight for dinner and regular Coke and sweet tea is what I had to drink. With it being Christmas Day, I did nothing but cheat on my diet and I gained like five pounds from it starting with what I had for Christmas Eve dinner. I did end Christmas day with my normal work out though and I did it on Christmas Eve too. :) :) :)

Anyway, I've never cared for Twinkies and the thing that has made me walk away from all milk is skim milk having the same amount of carbs as whole milk and the 2% milk. I don't even remember the last time that I ate Skittles. Today I ate what I had saved from the Halloween candy because that is the only candy that I had to eat at all today and it was just a Three Musketeer, a Milky Way, a Reese's, and a Crunch, all fun size. Instead of Kool Aid mixes, Chrystal Light mixes are what I drink. I haven't eaten a Snickers bar since I was either three of four years old. I haven't had one of them pizzas since before June 1st. I have only done one swallow from a Red Bull and to me, it was nasty!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The only other energy drink that I have ever had is that stuff named Vault. It was a red bottle of the stuff. It was just okay. I don't even know if that stuff is still made or not because I don't pay much attention to energy drinks in the first place.
The majority of those energy drinks are nasty. They are full of ingredients that no one can pronounce and have no idea what they do for your body. So, Why would a sane person drink them?

I drink old faithful Gatorade and Powerade when I need to quench my thirst on a hot day. That's about it. And a few other times.

We get the powdered gatorade and I mix it down. If I get a bottle I'll often drink part of it and dilute it with water. When our kids were young, we did the same with fruit juice. Anything to cut the sugar.

Hmmm, soylent Wieners :D
Soylent now comes in more colors than green.

71lHJQr0feL._SY355_.jpg

I haven't had a Gatorade in many years. I used to love Gatorade when I was a kid, but then they changed the formula and made it way too sweet. The original Gatorade was actually kind of bitter and tangy. Now it tastes like sugar water.

I haven't had a Gatorade in many years. I used to love Gatorade when I was a kid, but then they changed the formula and made it way too sweet. The original Gatorade was actually kind of bitter and tangy. Now it tastes like sugar water.

The government just loves to impose regulations and limits on businesses. You wonder why the FDA completely ignores the spiking of food and drinks with enormous amounts of sugar and other crap.

Many years ago when I was operating a couple roofing crews... nothing quite like Gatorade to quench your thirst.
I found it tasted spectacular when you were really thirsty, but I did not like the taste when I wasn't thirsty.
And that is due to it's high sodium content. About 450 mg for a litre bottle. TERRIBLE for you unless you have sweat buckets.

Forum List

Back