~ 9 days left and here's how it actually looks

I currently have Romney locked into 257 with the toss-up states Nevada, Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Michigan, Pennsylvania still in play. Romney also has outside shots at Maine, Minnesota, NJ, Connecticut and Oregon and New Mexico.

Obviously, I'm very cautiously optimistic. Of course, on election night, I'll still be closely monitoring states like Virginia, Florida, NC and Colorado who I'm currently calling locked for Romney.

Ohio is in the Mitt column. PA, probably not (but still some shot for Mitt). Maine? Nah. Minnesota? No. NJ. No way. Ct? Unlikely.

Oregon? I don't t'ink so. NM? Doubtful.

BUT, MI? Yep. NH? Probable. VA, NC, FL are going to Mitt. As is CO. Throw in WI for good measure.

Mitt will win.

My locks are based upon the more credible polls. For everything else, if Romney is even as close as 5-8 points then I think it has to be considered. I believe that Romney voters are much more energized than Obama voters. Also, undecideds are more likely to go for Romney.

Gatsby.

Right. And trusted = right wing.

I'm amazed some of you guys on both wings can't see how silly that is.

Have you considered that perhaps you're the one that wants to see what he wants to see. I mean, does it makes sense to ignore the most trusted poll (Rasmussen) in the last two presidential elections to go with often partisan and less professionally conducted polls?

Mind you, you're also the one who tried to sell me on the idea that Morsi was some sort of pragmatic Egyptian leader. Then it turns out that he's prosecuting democracy groups, crucifying Christians and participating in pro Israel genocide prayer services. So you can take that right shit and blow it out your ass b/c I know a conniving hateral when I see one.

Gatsby.

Right. And trusted = right wing.

I'm amazed some of you guys on both wings can't see how silly that is.

Have you considered that perhaps you're the one that wants to see what he wants to see. I mean, does it makes sense to ignore the most trusted poll (Rasmussen) in the last two presidential elections to go with often partisan and less professionally conducted polls?

Except, as pointed out in your thread, Rasmussen did a shit job on their state polling just 4 years ago.

Have you considered that perhaps you're the one that wants to see what he wants to see.

No, it hasn't.

I'm not American, and frankly I've never heard of most of the polling companies. There are a couple like Rassmussen that are obviously biased, but most of the major ones like Gallup seem fairly balanced to me. I dare say most major organisations are going to be fairly straight, most of the little ones more suspect.

Romney will end up with around 301 Electoral College Votes OR MORE and the poor incumbent will end up with ~239 or fewer.

A thread headline to correct leftwhiner's silly thread headline seemed appropriate.

:)

Consider it a public service correction effort. Can't have libs like leftwhiner spreading their disinformation like that unchallenged.

Thank me.

If voting were held today, Obama would have 290 and Virginia is still tied. By election day it still looks like Obama taking 303

Wait until Rassmussen moves to center on their polling
We shall see....we shall see

Last edited:
Have you considered that perhaps you're the one that wants to see what he wants to see.

No, it hasn't.

I'm not American, and frankly I've never heard of most of the polling companies. There are a couple like Rassmussen that are obviously biased, but most of the major ones like Gallup seem fairly balanced to me. I dare say most major organisations are going to be fairly straight, most of the little ones more suspect.

Nice__ way to ignore major points like Morsi. But that's fine as that's not really the scope of the discussion. But I'll reiterate that you are not on solid ground to imply that I'm partisan with your track record.

I don't think Rasmussen is far right at all. He realizes that he's selling integrity and not partisanship and that is why his brand is strong. Even the biggest hack ever, Nate Silver only claims a 1.3 point Republican bias for Rasmussen.

So, I trust Rasmussen the most by far. They have been the most accurate polling group for the last two presidential elections.

No, it hasn't.

Nice__ way to ignore major points like Morsi. But that's fine as that's not really the scope of the discussion. But I'll reiterate that you are not on solid ground to imply that I'm partisan with your track record.

I don't think Rasmussen is far right at all. He realizes that he's selling integrity and not partisanship and that is why his brand is strong. Even the biggest hack ever, Nate Silver only claims a 1.3 point Republican bias for Rasmussen.

So, I trust Rasmussen the most by far. They have been the most accurate polling group for the last two presidential elections.

Since the election is state by state, your narrative that Rasmussen is the most trusted does not match up with reality. They did a very poor job in state polling in 2008 and again in 2010.

No, it hasn't.

Since the election is state by state, your narrative that Rasmussen is the most trusted does not match up with reality. They did a very poor job in state polling in 2008 and again in 2010.

And yet they still have the most accurate record for predicting presidential elections. Go figure.

And yet they still have the most accurate record for predicting presidential elections. Go figure.

Let me know when we start electing the president by whoever wins the national vote and I'd agree with you.

BTW - Romney has lost 2 points with Ras in the last 2 days. It is now Romney +2.

No, it hasn't.

I find it odd that the company that has the best record of predicting the winner and margin of victory in recent Presidential elections would be called "biased". Logic would dictate that any poll who shows a higher percentage of Democrat votes is biased.
But then the left seems to think Republicans are voting for Romney because we're biased (racist), so, I guess "bias" means something different to them.

Gatsby -

Morsi is a moderate and a pragmatist, and I do think most people who have any serious interest in Egypt will tell you the same thing.

There is endless evidence of this: his scalding of Syria's oppression, his resigning from the MB, his rounding up of militants, his strong relationships with western leaders.

btw. I may actually be able to meet him next Friday - and given the chance I will grill the hell out of him!

Last edited:
Romney will end up with around 301 Electoral College Votes OR MORE and the poor incumbent will end up with ~239 or fewer.

A thread headline to correct leftwhiner's silly thread headline seemed appropriate.

Consider it a public service correction effort. Can't have libs like leftwhiner spreading their disinformation like that unchallenged.

Thank me.

If voting were held today, Obama would have 290 and Virginia is still tied. By election day it still looks like Obama taking 303

My guess is Romney gets 290 EV's

I find it odd that the company that has the best record of predicting the winner and margin of victory in recent Presidential elections would be called "biased". Logic would dictate that any poll who shows a higher percentage of Democrat votes is biased.
But then the left seems to think Republicans are voting for Romney because we're biased (racist), so, I guess "bias" means something different to them.

Bias isn't something either left or right has a monopoly on.

But Rassmussen seem to have a reputation for producing right-friendly results until the final few days, and I suspect there is some fire behind that smoke.

I've not heard the same accusation made about Gallup or any of the other major organisations.

Neither do I think race is an issue here, btw.

Thank me.

Nonsense.

If the election were held today, Mitt would have roughly 301 to 307 EV's.

Thank me.

Nonsense.

Show me any credible poll that has those numbers

Nonsense.

Show me any credible poll that has those numbers

:lol:

"Credible poll."

:lmao:

Sorry you haven't learned how to distill the bullshit out of the crap you wish to see.

Bias isn't something either left or right has a monopoly on.

But Rassmussen seem to have a reputation for producing right-friendly results until the final few days, and I suspect there is some fire behind that smoke.

I've not heard the same accusation made about Gallup or any of the other major organisations.

Neither do I think race is an issue here, btw.

And yet they predicted Obama's win correctly in 2008. Go figure.

Thumb sucking libbies STILL place "value" in bullshit like "intrade."

That's just real funny.

:lol::lol:

And the other "polls" are engaged in Dim over-sampling.

Watch and learn.

Start with RCP as is. ADD to the Mitt totals, FL, NC, VA and CO. Then for fun, toss in NH. Maybe Wis. Probably not PA (although still possible). And OH is going to Mitt. Sorry my lib pals.

I won't taunt you after Mitt wins.

(Except to the extent that I will taunt you mercilessly, of course. But, other than that.)

Ohio is in the Mitt column. PA, probably not (but still some shot for Mitt). Maine? Nah. Minnesota? No. NJ. No way. Ct? Unlikely.

Oregon? I don't t'ink so. NM? Doubtful.

BUT, MI? Yep. NH? Probable. VA, NC, FL are going to Mitt. As is CO. Throw in WI for good measure.

Mitt will win.

Nonsense.

"Credible poll."

:lmao:

Sorry you haven't learned how to distill the bullshit out of the crap you wish to see.

Wow, you are one dumb bastard.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back