My power company called me via robocall....

Steelplate

Bluesman
Apr 25, 2011
Central PA
I live in Central Pennsylvania....about an hour N. of Harrisburg. PPL(our power company) called us via robocall informing us about the significance of this storm and the potential for massive power outages. They told us to prepare for 7-10 days without power.

What does this mean for the election? In our rural neck of the woods, we still use paper ballots, but many communities use electronic balloting. Will they extend polling until the lights come back on and people can get in to vote?

The Eastern seaboard is one of the most populated areas in the country....the weather channel said there is the potential for 40 million people to be affected.

Just go to thinking about this while trying to prepare the house for this freakishly strong storm.

I don't know of any thing in the federal election laws that would accomadate an extension. Maybe folks should have voted early.

I live in Harrisburg and never received any robocall. I hope it isn't 7-10 days, but I'm voting third party so my vote doesn't count anyways. :tongue:

I live in Harrisburg and never received any robocall. I hope it isn't 7-10 days, but I'm voting third party so my vote doesn't count anyways. :tongue:

I was without power for 17 days after Ike, looks like you folks are going to get off easy in comparrison. I'm sure we'll be sending some crews to help out.

I got the call around 6:30PM. Good luck down there. My son lives in Reisterstown MD....about 1/2 hour W. of Baltimore....worried about him and his wife.

I was without power for 17 days after Ike, looks like you folks are going to get off easy in comparrison. I'm sure we'll be sending some crews to help out.

Yeah...PPL said they have brought in 1500 linesmen.

Forum List

Back